Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lex. Catholic 30 Adams 22
Final...
AWWWW... good game little Blackcats. Be proud & hold your heads high.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:AWWWW... good game little Blackcats. Be proud & hold your heads high.

The Blackcats played a very good game today and have nothing to be ashamed about. Lex CAth got ahead 30-6 and were driving to the Adams 11 when Lex Cath fumbled. The Blackcats took over and took the ball 89 yds in about 5 mins and scored. A two pt conversion later they onside kicked and recovered it. They took over and scored again to make it 30-22. Guess what happened next. You got it....... they recovered it and took the ball down to our 12 before they threw a 4th down pass that fell incomplete with no time left. The LC Knights offense never touched the ball after the 3 minute mark in the 3rd period. The Adams crowd was enormous compared to other teams. They stole the show in my eyes by never complaining or whinning when they were down 30-6 and it looked like it might be 36-6 before Lex Cath fumbled in the 3rd period. They just simply encouraged their kids on and it sure seemed to help. We are glad to of met these Floyd Co. people.
Congrats Cath
Should be private school and public school play off system in all grades and highschool.
Congrats LC......Good year Blackcats keep your heads held high....Good coach Howell.
Definitely the best 4th quarter of the day.
Congrats Knights, good luck today. And congrats to Coach Howell and the Blackcat team, you guys had a season to be very proud of.
that's right Wrote:Should be private school and public school play off system in all grades and highschool.

Yes, that sounds like a good idea. LOL. Then Lexington Catholic could be playing against themselves since there is no other private school in the tournament. Wow! We could win the private school division every year. Geez. Like I've said before, if we have so many students to draw from then why do we have only 9 8th graders on our entire team. We stare 5 7th graders on both sides of the ball and none of them are holdbacks.
Heartbreaker.... Congrats to lex cath and good luck today in the finals.. Hold your heads up Blackcats, you have made everyone in the Burg very proud with your play and by showing how classy our kids and parents are. Now hit the weights, get faster and get ready for HS ball. I look forward to seeing all of you next season. Things are really looking up for us in the next 4 years... LETS WIN A RING!!
knighted Wrote:Yes, that sounds like a good idea. LOL. Then Lexington Catholic could be playing against themselves since there is no other private school in the tournament. Wow! We could win the private school division every year. Geez. Like I've said before, if we have so many students to draw from then why do we have only 9 8th graders on our entire team. We stare 5 7th graders on both sides of the ball and none of them are holdbacks.

Is Lexington catholic that down with that few of numbers?
that's right Wrote:Should be private school and public school play off system in all grades and highschool.

not at middle school level, sorry....:dontthink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
congrats LC, the boys at Adams are coached well and cant wait to see them at the next level, great job in the state run,:rockon: u guys ROCK!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Congrats LC,

Great job Seth Marcum #5, Steven Little #28, and Jarredd Jarrell #1 offensive and defensive Most Valuable Players. Along with the rest of the blackcats.!!:1::rockon:
catsfan2 Wrote:Congrats LC,

Great job Seth Marcum #5, Steven Little #28, and Jarredd Jarrell #1 offensive and defensive Most Valuable Players. Along with the rest of the blackcats.!!:1::rockon:

Jarredd Jarrell also made All-state at the Saftey position. Congrats
Benchwarmer Wrote:Is Lexington catholic that down with that few of numbers?

Last year we had 17 8th grade kids. This year we have 9. There has been a jump in the numbers for the kids that play soccer, so I have been told. Our 7th grade team has a better class with a little over 20.
Congrats LC. Not bad Adams keeping up with a much larger school.
I saw #5 Marcum in person on Sat and i love the way that young man plays football....
Great year Coach Howell, and the little blackats! Cant wait to see you all at the next level!
Just wanted to say that I am so, so proud of all the boys. I have been involved with most of them since they were playing flag football and I feel like they all are a part of my family. I would also like to thank all the coaches that have taught and encouraged my son throughout his football career. THANKS, Coach Howell, Coach Holiday, Coach Simpkins, Coach Ray, Johnny Ray Harris, B.D. Nunnery, Steve Little, Scott Walker, ect... I would also like to thank all the parents and boosters for their words of encouragement to my son and their financial support of this team. These Blackcats have given us plenty to cheer about and I believe, in my heart, the best has yet to come. WAY TO GO BLACKCATS! :Clap: