5.Johnson Central
6.Hazard
7.Harlan Co
8.Prestonsburg
9.Clay Co
10.Pike Central

Um Yeah whatever...
Bear_Paw Wrote:Um Yeah whatever...

I'm with you on this. I know what the "um whatever" refers to... Totally agree. Harlan County should be moved up several spots.....
I don't put a whole lot of stock into the top 10! Was it last year or year or year before Bell wasn't getting the respect they felt they deserved? I mean they are normal people just like we are on here. They should have coaches choose the top 10 otherwise it's no different then us making a top 10.
But I don't like that they don't end Sports OT with the new top 10 though!
Figured you wouldn't like it with Harlan County being ranked so low - KC over them.

Truth hurts huh ? :ChairHit:
The only small change that I would make to this would be to put Harlan County at #6.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Maybe

Need to take care of Pulaski, to get my vote (consistanly), they are looking good tho ... Bell "Curve Test" ... Next

:popcorn:
"We Are Watching you"

Confusedhh:
"the List"
Patriot Wrote:I don't put a whole lot of stock into the top 10! Was it last year or year or year before Bell wasn't getting the respect they felt they deserved? I mean they are normal people just like we are on here. They should have coaches choose the top 10 otherwise it's no different then us making a top 10.
But I don't like that they don't end Sports OT with the new top 10 though!

I agree the coachs should vote, this would take the pressure and controvesy of the station.
I like it..

Hazard deserves to be were they are, or better IMO.
KyFanaticus Wrote:Figured you wouldn't like it with Harlan County being ranked so low - KC over them.

Truth hurts huh ? :ChairHit:

Um Yeah what ever.

If you think YMT is THE sports authority....I can't even comment on that in a public forum. Don't forget that is the same YMT that had Clay and Perry Co ranked significantly above HC. Go back to the other thread read and remind yourself of a few years back. I noticed you didn't have a reply for that post.

Truth hurts doesn't it...:eyeroll:
1. Bell County
2. Pulaski Co
3. Johnson Central
4. Somerset
5. Knox Central
6. Hazard
7. Harlan Co.
8. Prestonburg
redstorm Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Pulaski Co
3. Johnson Central
4. Somerset
5. Knox Central
6. Hazard
7. Harlan Co.
8. Prestonburg

Looks pretty darn close to what I would say.
I saw Hazard play a few weeks ago. They struggled to stop Harlan. I don't think they would ever keep Harlan County from scoring. We'll see how Hazard does against Clay County. I doubt they dominate like Harlan County did.
Jc over somerset...... Please they couldn't hold their gatorade bottles.
You know, palmer, you are talking about a 1-A school playing a 5-A school. Fortunately, Hazard has never been a team to fear larger school, as we have played LCC (5-A), Leslie Co (2-A) Corbin (2-A), and Breathitt Co. (2-A) this year in order to fill our schedule. Several of these teams were expected to be very good at the beginning of the season when we played them, and due to our good coaching and determination, we were able to beat all of them, so far. I am sure the Clay Co. game will be difficult, as we are going to their home field on their senior night and most people expect them to win. Only time will tell, but I believe our Bulldogs will represent themselves to the best of their ability, regardless of the outcome.

It's true, the first quarter of the Harlan Ind. game was a little rugged for us, but it was fall break week for our school and I believe our team had "Fall Break Blues," which contributed to their lack of enthusiasm in the first half. The secon half was another story and we ended with a 50-20 victory.

No one plays their best game every game, but never forget...it's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the amount of fight in the dog that matters!

Go Bulldogs!
Bear_Paw Wrote:Um Yeah what ever.

If you think YMT is THE sports authority....I can't even comment on that in a public forum. Don't forget that is the same YMT that had Clay and Perry Co ranked significantly above HC. Go back to the other thread read and remind yourself of a few years back. I noticed you didn't have a reply for that post.

Truth hurts doesn't it...:eyeroll:

LOL

Its so fun to turn the screws, watch one get all bothered over what peeps say, think or do....

Again, Don't worry, stress, these dum things, they are for "entertainment" only.

Worry about your districts / playoff - use the home field advantage to get a shot "at home" against Highland. What I would give to have them at Log Mountian this year... You get your chance, They are not immortal, or superman. They have bad games, you all get pumped/ fans / stadium, rocking, a break here or there and you pull a HUGE upset. Personally I'd love to see you all smack the smile off their face. Too many handing them the title already. Make them earn it.

From the words of famous Disney movie
"It could happen"
Oh and I dont believe in the words Professionals or experts, specially from anyone calling themsleves a Reporter / Journalist / Writer in the venue of sports. They dont' know jack / and their opinions are swayed by bias. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE can honestly give an opinion on anything without it - its human nature. Our Likes and Dislikes influence everything.

Example. Take a play , rather odd one that requires a moment to consider the rules. 100,000 peep in a stadium each view it. When the rulling comes down ... and we know from the Big Screen what it should be YET when announced, a large group is gonna claim it was wrong , other will say the ref screw us ... you get my point.

They are just opinions ... and we know what they are like

So no, I dont believe the WYMT rankings, fact I veiw several lists of rankings from Cantralls, Bluegrass Preps, AP, WYMT, Rivals and so on ... and you know if they were "PROS" wouldn't they all agree and be right ...
^
Agree to all that above. Just for the record padge I don't get worked up over this stuff...it's all fun and games. Admittedly I like to talk junk with the best of 'em. I worry about life, family, career stuff like that. This board is just a place to have a little fun. Some ppl from all 3 places get carried away. We have folks that go overboard. If you look, nowhere have I posted that we can or will beat Bell or KC for that matter. We'll know what we got about 8:00pm Friday. I make no prediction until I see both teams on the field at the same time. I do think if Davenport doesn't play we have a shot...but to win wouold require a near perfect game and an off night by Bell...but as you said...It could happen.

I do disagree with the notion tht KC is considerably better than HC. Just my honest opinion. It's ashame we can't find out. I would like to see HC drop one or both of the VA teams and pick up KC. IF you want to know how I really feel...lol, I'd like to see them drop both and pick up KC and Somerset or Johnson Central.

In reply to one of the post above about JC not being able to hold Somerset's Gatoraide bottles....I'd have to say "NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND...lol. (Note to Poster....I am not saying JC can beat you.) :biggrin:

The thing I love most about all this is there is a buzz again in Harlan County, something that has been missing for far too long.
Good article in the Harlan Daily about that very thing recently.
I think that this list is as good as this one is going to get.
Hazard above Harlan is something that we just have to live with.
Hazard is a legitimate contender for a State title and they have yet to drop a game.
They scheduled a tough schedule this year but didn't know how down Letcher and Breathitt were going to be.
They play Clay next week, too.
No one can make a legitimate argument that either could be above the other.
The top 5 teams played at a higher level than the rest of the competition.
Anyone can speculate all they want, but it's just that, speculation, until you schedule one of them and beat them.
Harlan County has embarassed Perry and Clay back to back, but they got embarassed by Pulaski in week 1 and they're going to get embarassed by Bell in week 10.
The only movement the top 5 teams can make is back and forth between themselves.
Swforever82 Wrote:Jc over somerset...... Please they couldn't hold their gatorade bottles.
Just ask Hazard the differance between a very good 1A school is compared to a good 5A school is. When Hazard went to the finals JC dominated them the same season. JC has a couple of open dates for next season wonder if they would be interested in filling one of them. :popcorn:
The Harlan County Black Bears are looking for a team to fill a Friday Night on next years schedule and would love to play Hazard.....or even Knox. Was'nt Clay ranked above Hazard last week? GO BLACK BEARS!!!
Bear_Paw Wrote:^
Agree to all that above. Just for the record padge I don't get worked up over this stuff...it's all fun and games. Admittedly I like to talk junk with the best of 'em. I worry about life, family, career stuff like that. This board is just a place to have a little fun. Some ppl from all 3 places get carried away. We have folks that go overboard. If you look, nowhere have I posted that we can or will beat Bell or KC for that matter. We'll know what we got about 8:00pm Friday. I make no prediction until I see both teams on the field at the same time. I do think if Davenport doesn't play we have a shot...but to win wouold require a near perfect game and an off night by Bell...but as you said...It could happen.

I do disagree with the notion tht KC is considerably better than HC. Just my honest opinion. It's ashame we can't find out. I would like to see HC drop one or both of the VA teams and pick up KC. IF you want to know how I really feel...lol, I'd like to see them drop both and pick up KC and Somerset or Johnson Central.

In reply to one of the post above about JC not being able to hold Somerset's Gatoraide bottles....I'd have to say "NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND...lol. (Note to Poster....I am not saying JC can beat you.) :biggrin:

The thing I love most about all this is there is a buzz again in Harlan County, something that has been missing for far too long.

Davenport is playing.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Just ask Hazard the differance between a very good 1A school is compared to a good 5A school is. When Hazard went to the finals JC dominated them the same season. JC has a couple of open dates for next season wonder if they would be interested in filling one of them. :popcorn:
My mistake, for some reason I was thinking Somerset was1A. Doesn't change my oppinion that Somerset would have their hands full with JC.
well, even if Hazard doesnt play JC next year, they have a killer schedule. Almost everyone being a big game....
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Davenport is playing.

Not what I heard 30 minutes ago...I guess we'll see Friday. I hope he does. Good kid and good family.
ymt, This is a joke! We get guys doing these things that has never took a snap before or even been on the field. Harlan should be number 4 right now, if you go by scores or sch! ymt get your head out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Theres a couple good teams up North that would probably love to play you guys. Cincinnati Moeller, Cincy ST. X, Louisville Trinity, St. X Ky., fill your schedule up against those guys if you feel so Superior.
warmachine Wrote:Theres a couple good teams up North that would probably love to play you guys. Cincinnati Moeller, Cincy ST. X, Louisville Trinity, St. X Ky., fill your schedule up against those guys if you feel so Superior.
Didn't say anthing about feeling superior just stating that JC was alot better than Somerset's waterboys. I have nothing but respect for Hazard and Somerset. I'm sure if we were a little closer to northern Kentucky our schedule would look different, but JC has as tough a schedule you can have within a three hour drive.