Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Pike County had a truly centralized school
my brother and myself were discussing hypothetical condition the other day and we were thinking "what if pike county really had consolidated to one school?" now geographically this would be near impossible. However if it were to do this just imagine what kind of sports teams this school would put out.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
They would challenge St X and Trinity for the title every year.
Yeah, but the same thing could be said about a lot of places as well. Franklin County comes to mind since I work/live close by. Combining Western Hills, Franklin Co. and Frankfort would garner a pretty decent team I would think most years, and it would actually be doable to consolidate all 3. McCraken county same thing if it included Paducah Tillman with Lone Oak Reidland and Heath. Might still be pretty good when they do consolidate een without Tillman. I'm sure there are some areas in NKY that would get the same result and would be feasible to do.
Phelps 158
Valley 330
Belfry 353
East Ridge 376
PCC 394

1611 boys playing football
BigVMan23 Wrote:Yeah, but the same thing could be said about a lot of places as well. Franklin County comes to mind since I work/live close by. Combining Western Hills, Franklin Co. and Frankfort would garner a pretty decent team I would think most years, and it would actually be doable to consolidate all 3. McCraken county same thing if it included Paducah Tillman with Lone Oak Reidland and Heath. Might still be pretty good when they do consolidate een without Tillman. I'm sure there are some areas in NKY that would get the same result and would be feasible to do.
Well start a thread on them? This is about Pike County.
Pike County is the largest county in Kentucky and this school would be a powerhouse.
I have a friend that works in Pike County driving from school to school teaching health for the grade schools.
There are several schools that are an hour away in different directions from here apartment.
There is no chance this would happen lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Pike County is the largest county in Kentucky and this school would be a powerhouse.
I have a friend that works in Pike County driving from school to school teaching health for the grade schools.
There are several schools that are an hour away in different directions from here apartment.
There is no chance this would happen lol
Land area yes but population no
Pike is Kentucky's largest county in terms of land area.
Pike County is the 11th largest county in Kentucky in terms of population.
nky Wrote:Land area yes but population no
Pike is Kentucky's largest county in terms of land area.
Pike County is the 11th largest county in Kentucky in terms of population.

Welp I was obviously referring to size since I went on to talk about driving distance Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:Welp I was obviously referring to size since I went on to talk about driving distance Wink
yet size doesn't matter:eyeroll: Population does
zaga_fan Wrote:Welp I was obviously referring to size since I went on to talk about driving distance Wink

I understood what you was saying.
The athletic facilities would be unmatched... but the politics would be ugly
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The athletic facilities would be unmatched... but the politics would be ugly

You know better
It's really weird that I was thinking the same thing this morning. I was looking at the possible enrollment that the school would have and it easily would be the largest school in Kentucky. Of course this could never happen due to what Crazy said and the fact that they would have to travel to Lexington, Louisville, or the Cincy area to play a district game.
Benchwarmer Wrote:You know better

We can't get the Pike County Bowl figured out...what makes you think we could square away a single county wide team Confusedhh:
This would be exactly the same as Perry Co Central and Hazard consolidating!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
EKUAlum05 Wrote:We can't get the Pike County Bowl figured out...what makes you think we could square away a single county wide team Confusedhh:

I was being sarcastic. LOL
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The athletic facilities would be unmatched... but the politics would be ugly
AMEN!!! That would be the most ungodly political mess in history. Also, imagine the fights, the threats, the potential for gun play at the school....and that would just be from the parents! LOL!!!
Forget the politics...

With all the 2 lane "up in the holler" bus routes, this would be impossible from a practical standpoint. Floyd Co. couldn't do with fewer than 2 high schools and it's significantly smaller than Pike Co..
coach Haywood as head coach,and Pcc coach as defense cord,i would take it..you would have enough good players, and give them one postion, and have good depth at each..
that would really hurt eastern kentucky football if they ever done that and its a good thing they cant.. nobody in the eastern part of the state could compete with them.. and it would be intersting to see if the could play with st x or trinty but i dont think they could. you have to remember you wouldnt get much help from phelps and east ridge and not even much help from Valley.. also remember that PCC hasnt been a very good football school in the past.. just the recent couple of years they have had some good talent.. Blefry is Belfry you pretty much would know what you would get from them.. You have to remember its not about how many players you would have but how many players you would have that could compete with teams like St. X and trinty because thats who you would have to play. honestly i dont think theres 25 players in all 5 of those schools combined that could go head to head with the St.X's and the Trinty's top 25 players..