Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Pikeville's Thomas Be Fired After This Year?
I think so, he has proved nothing, but the simple fact that he didn't take the '99 team to state, they took him, and he's been riding that ever since.
The 99' team carried Thomas all the way to rupp. He most definitely should be evicted as coach of the panthers
Thomas is a joke! he should be fired and never coach higher than the Little League level! And i would feel sorry for those little leaguers! Sorry im being so critical, but enough is enough!
Time for Thomas to go. Look at where he has this program from just the 99 team. Terrible.
I take it Pikeville doesnt place as much importance on Basketball as they do football
"torQQue" Wrote:I take it Pikeville doesnt place as much importance on Basketball as they do football

No QQ football is king at Pikeville High followed by baseball then basketball. I see everyone one here downing Thomas and that is cool. I know that he is a GREAT guy, and if he could get the best athlets in the school to come out and play they would sit near or ant the top of the 15th region every season. I for one hope he keeps his job because he has put a lot into the program.
why wont they?
Its been a while since they have been on the carpet.
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:why wont they?

Pikeville basketball has never played on the carpet, but 1999 was the last time they played on the hardwood of Rupp Arena. The football team hasn't played on the carpet in a while, but Pikeville will ALAWYS be a football school. I have allready stated the reason I don't think they have played on the carpet in a while. I don't think the talent and/or coaching is as good as it used to be.
Truefully....it's because a lot don't want to play for Thomas...and this was even going on when they went to state.....so its not b/c the team is bad...but they dont like him.
Get the man out of there.....I remember whatching the tourny last year.......he made a lot of questionable calls....he is a pitiful excuse for a coach and needs to go coach for PIARIST....But then again..they might not even want him....lol....
"PHSFAN" Wrote:

Pikeville basketball has never played on the carpet, but 1999 was the last time they played on the hardwood of Rupp Arena. The football team hasn't played on the carpet in a while, but Pikeville will ALAWYS be a football school. I have allready stated the reason I don't think they have played on the carpet in a while. I don't think the talent and/or coaching is as good as it used to be.
OK...heres the list of sports and there importance at pikeville
1.Football
2.Baseball
3.Cheerleading
4.Academic team
5.Jr. high Acdemics
6.Jr. high football
7.speech and drama
8.jr high basketball
9.BASKETBALL
In total agreement with you LM.
I agree Thomas is a good coach he just isnt the man for Pikeville. Not many people want to play for him, they give him no respect I think a new coach would be a positive thing for this program.
Well thomas might not be right for the pikeville job right now but you can not say it is because he is not a good coach. 99 team went to rupp! just ask Danny Adams everyone said he was a great coach but they never went to rupp. Good Luck to Coach Thomas if he is released after this year. I was on staff with a coach that was 142-64 in 6 years and yes that is a 20 wins a year avg. and people still said he could not coach cause MY KID is not playing. If you are a coach you know you can not win no matter what.
That '99 team took him to Rupp, he didn't and hasn't and won't take anyone there by just his coaching, because it's not that good.
Total agreement CE..........His time has came and gone....move over thomas give someone else a shot....the only way he could change my mind is winning region this year
I think that pikevilles girls basketball coach would be better then Thomas

Posted Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:56 pm:

Thats a yes
Nice Avatar......(Eagles beat my Falcons).....
Its simple to me guys....Should THOMAS!!!! be fired after this year?

YEP!
Let's fire the players!
They are shooting 45% from the FT line and 34% from the field!
"spxdad" Wrote:Let's fire the players!
They are shooting 45% from the FT line and 34% from the field!
Doesn't work like that, sorry. Pikeville has been down for the past 4 years, if it isn't the coaches fault then who can we blame?
Thomas has got to be fired. He has bad methods of coaching and well I dont particulary agree with what players he plays either. He has talent but some of it never leaves the bench hardly.
You cant hire Williams either though because he would just be like Thomas. They need to hire someone from outside....
Well....I went and watched a little of practice yesterday and I understand why....he doesn't demand any effort in his practices....at the end each play had to shoot a free throw and if he missed then the team had to run up and down the court....this went through the whole team.....but you would think they would sprint or something...but I wouldn't even consider it a jog....no effort at all and Thomas didn't say a word....
"Beef" Wrote:
Truefully....it's because a lot don't want to play for Thomas...and this was even going on when they went to state.....so its not b/c the team is bad...but they dont like him.

Couldnt have said it better myself!
I've always wanted to coach a high school bball team.. If this guy is as bad as you all say, then I say give me a chance. i know the game and I think I could do a good job lol
i dont agree with LM list sorry you left off a sport

1.Football
2.Baseball
3.TRACK
4.Cheerleading
5.Academic team
6.Jr. high Acdemics
7.Jr. high football
8.speech and drama
9.jr high basketball
10.BASKETBALL
"liveMAROON" Wrote:
"PHSFAN" Wrote:

OK...heres the list of sports and there importance at pikeville
1.Football
2.Baseball
3.Cheerleading
4.Academic team
5.Jr. high Acdemics
6.Jr. high football
7.speech and drama
8.jr high basketball
9.BASKETBALL

You need to add track in there about four, but come on, academic team? We get zero respect and no one cares about how well the academic team does.
Hey....I care about the academic team....I called the night that youall played at All-A state (and won btw) to see how youall did...and it was right after your final match!! before you even started home!! I love the academic team!!!
Alright
woooooo
We have fans. Yeah total domination at All A the closest any one was at the end of the match was about 18 points.
Thomas would have to bee the worst coach in eastern Kentucky...the last time he won region was because he had a team of all stars like JOHN MIMS, CHASE GIBSON, MATT BRANHAM, JERAMIAH AKERS all superstars of highschool sports...he has had losing seasons since then he has led pikeville to nothing in the past years...George Yates pikevilles water boy would make a better coach then him...BRING IN COACH ROWE