Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 52 Boyd County 14
Final
Hunter james breaks the schools season td mark of 29 set by michael west. Hunter had a total of 5 tds on the night giving him 30 on the season. He rushed for 216 yards on 12 carries also had 2 tds rec. Lc had 500 yards of offense
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Boyd was fired up as usual for this game and kept it interesting the first half. The JYD's had some self inflicted pain with penalties that kept the second Boyd scoring drive alive. Good game for LC.
Good win dawgs!!!
Batpuff Wrote:Hunter james breaks the schools season td mark of 29 set by michael west. Hunter had a total of 5 tds on the night giving him 30 on the season. He rushed for 216 yards on 12 carries also had 2 tds rec. Lc had 500 yards of offense
Congrats to Hunter. Didn't realize that.
School record for pick 6's too. Kyle Crums last night makes number 5 by 4 different players.
Very good year for the dawgs but it isn't over yet.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
Congrats LC
bulldog42 Wrote:Congrats to Hunter. Didn't realize that.
School record for pick 6's too. Kyle Crums last night makes number 5 by 4 different players.

Its not that hard to run against boyds defense they are horrible. When lawerence played rowan hunter james couldnt do anything.
vikings fan Wrote:its not that hard to run on boyds defense. When lawerence played rowan he coulndt do anything.

Dude he still had 113 yards rushing and a TD.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Rowan/Lawrence game is over...no need to diss a kid for having a good night. 200+ yards on 12 carries is impressive no matter who the opponent is.
Batpuff Wrote:Hunter james breaks the schools season td mark of 29 set by michael west. Hunter had a total of 5 tds on the night giving him 30 on the season. He rushed for 216 yards on 12 carries also had 2 tds rec. Lc had 500 yards of offense

Are you sure? West only played 3 full seasons with Lawrence County and he had over 95 touchdowns. The math don't add up, Nick Meadows was the running back west freshman year and I don't remember west scoring any td's. I'm not saying hunter james won't break the tds but looking at Khsaa the numbers don't add up. He would have had at least one season over 30 tds.
Coach McPeek also had Mr. West to set out a couple of games his senior year also because of a broke nose if I remember right. Not that it matters but I just think he would have broken some state records if that hadn't happen. This was the year after Chuke left because we was all talking about if Chuke was still here Micheal would own the record books. McPeek had class when he got up on the other team he would all ways call the dogs off. And a lot of the LC fans wasn't use to seeing that.
From what I understand it's not a total touchdown record for all the years but a regular season single scoring record. Correct me if i am wrong.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:From what I understand it's not a total touchdown record for all the years but a regular season single scoring record. Correct me if i am wrong.

Wouldn't they have records on hand at the school or posted somewhere. There are some really good records at Lawrence County. You would think there would be no confusion. Gerad Parker is the 2 or 3rd all time receiver in the nation with receiving yards. And I'm sure they have some state records with team rushing yards or close to it with all the chuke belly years. They should have a shrine to the 97 or 98 team that took down breathitt for the biggest win in school history (one of the best memories of my life when it comes to LC football, I will never forget how great the feeling was for the bulldog nation, it was magical and will never be the same all in one; because of all the faces that once surrounded the program).
inspiron Wrote:Wouldn't they have records on hand at the school or posted somewhere. There are some really good records at Lawrence County. You would think there would be no confusion. Gerad Parker is the 2 or 3rd all time receiver in the nation with receiving yards. And I'm sure they have some state records with team rushing yards or close to it with all the chuke belly years. They should have a shrine to the 97 or 98 team that took down breathitt for the biggest win in school history (one of the best memories of my life when it comes to LC football, I will never forget how great the feeling was for the bulldog nation, it was magical and will never be the same all in one; because of all the faces that once surrounded the program).

single season record...... total, not rushing or career... total tds in a single season
SolidOxygen Wrote:single season record...... total, not rushing or career... total tds in a single season

I know and my point is if west played three years and had over 95 touchdowns then he would have had at least one season with 30 or more td's in a single season.
Proud of our Dawgs!!! But I want to give a big shout out to Sam Riddles cousin #3 Isaac Riddle on his T.D.'s What a Great Senior Night you had!!
inspiron Wrote:Are you sure? West only played 3 full seasons with Lawrence County and he had over 95 touchdowns. The math don't add up, Nick Meadows was the running back west freshman year and I don't remember west scoring any td's. I'm not saying hunter james won't break the tds but looking at Khsaa the numbers don't add up. He would have had at least one season over 30 tds.

It was for a single season and West did have some touchdowns as a freshman in mop up duty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:It was for a single season and West did have some touchdowns as a freshman in mop up duty.

I am a alumni and I have followed LC football for almost 30 years while having the pleasure of watching Webb Roberts, Tater Mckenzie, travis hughes, Emory Thompson, Mike Copley, Nick Meadows, Michael West, James Storts, Shane Pack,Hunter James and many others great running backs that have played for Lawrence County. I'm starting to think I am crazy about this but I think that the records should be accurate due to such a great list of backs. I don't know the records that detailed but when someone posted that west had 29 regular season td's it jumped out at me because I have watched almost every game for sometime and when they went to the state semi's west sophomore year and got beat by highlands I could have swore he had over 30 td's.

Per Khsaa
102 Kasey Clark (Russell) 2003-06
100 Jeremy Britt (Danville) 1995-98
99 Jon Chapman (Pikeville) 1995-98
97 Shawn Robbins (Bell County) 2001-04
95 Michael West (Lawrence County) 1998-01

School Record 30 regular season td's
So West had 29+29+29=87 soph, junior, senior year
and had 8 his freshman year.

Correct me if Im wrong but I don't remember him having 8 td's his freshman season, I think even Shawn Murphy was the tailback for the jv and west was the blocking back with Dontae wright at QB.
Easy win, LC took over at halftime, congrats to Mr. James on the single season scoring record
Congrats to LC and Hunter James
its the single season scoring record, that does not include play-off game touch downs...
West had 29 TD'S in 10 games. single season only includes regular season games for school records.. In 98 they went 12-1, 99 12-2, 2000 5-6, 2001 11-1... That's still pretty good considering they went 5-6 in 2000.
Congrats to Hunter James i've enjoyed watching him play the past 2 years..
I don't think LC has has caught on to the whole tradition thing yet. In order to build a tradition you have to have a record of it. At Ashland, Russell, Bell etc tradition in sports and academics is every where you look. Whole walls with 50 or 100 years years of schedules, records set, banners, pictures. For example I believe LC won the district in football last year but I have not seen a district banner at the football field.

Ok now I understand! When it said Hunter James broke the school's season td's I was counting the playoffs and thought that it couldn't be right. Congrads to hunter on this great accomplishment, he deserves eveything he gets and it's been a pleasure watching him over his career. Yea I don't know if they have any banners at the school, I know they don't at the field unless they put some up in the last couple weeks. Lawrence County has a lot to be proud of why not show it.
The school has only been around since the late 70's so the tradition hasn't been around as long as a school such as Ashland. LC was the 7th winningest program in the state of KY through the 90's tied with Beechwood I think it was. Lots of All State Honorable Mention players, several District titles and a couple of Regional titles. I agree that stuff should be celebrated and is something that is being looked into in the future.
Congrats to the dawgs and mr. james
bulldog42 Wrote:The school has only been around since the late 70's so the tradition hasn't been around as long as a school such as Ashland. LC was the 7th winningest program in the state of KY through the 90's tied with Beechwood I think it was. Lots of All State Honorable Mention players, several District titles and a couple of Regional titles. I agree that stuff should be celebrated and is something that is being looked into in the future.

A sign or board in the west endzone with all the district and regional titles years up on it. Show all the All-State names and records and the years they were achieved. LC has a lot to be proud of, just now display it so every opponent can see it as well.