Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 17 Rockcastle Co 14
Congrats
WOW, a lot closer than I expected! Congrats Warriors!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Just too much fumbling tonight. Just one play could have changed this game completely. These two teams were very evenly matched and I was proud of the way our boys played. They played with a lot of heart and had the ball driving it with two minutes to go and had it on the SW 15/20 yard line when they fumbled. They had driven it from about their own 35/40. Congrats to SW on the win in a close game and I still say what I said early in the season is true. These boys WILL get better as the season goes along and I feel that it will spill into next year. Again they started a freshman center, two sophomores at guard and tackle, a junior tackle and a senior guard. A VERY young line. And.....the freshman played both ways at center/noseguard and stripped a ball on a tackle that he recovered himself. I'm proud of them all.
congrats to SW
Southwestern played down to Rock's level but a win is a win.
WOW! Grats SW.
Pig Jones Wrote:Southwestern played down to Rock's level but a win is a win.

Perhaps they didn't have a choice......Rolleyes
I think the boys are playing better and that is what you want to see from a young team. Go Rock. Turnovers really hurt tonight.
If southwestern played the way they did against Pc, it would have been a long night just saying.
Rock did play bad against pulaski County though. Maybe it is somewhere in the middle. Maybe Rock IS getting better but Southwestern did play a little bad.
I hope a contract is renewed for next year between these two teams, they are pretty evenly matched and they both are dependent on strong running games. That is why the past two years of games have been played so closely. Pulaski has really good passing game, especially this year to go with Abner running and Rockcastle had a really tough time trying to defend both the run and pass of Pulaski. That is why there was such a difference in scoring in my opinion between Rockcastle and PC and Rockcastle and SW. Pulaski couldn't stop the big physical linemen of Southwestern when they played each other and Rockcastle lacked this size when they played Pulaski. But Rockcastle does do well defending the run when the pass option isn't as much of a threat. The whole difference between Rockcastle vs. Pulaski vs. Southwestern this year is matchups and the fact that Rockcastle HAS gotten better in the last three games. Again, congrats to SW on the win, I hope that the series continues with them as well as with PC next year.
Rock should have won. SW scored late in the 4th on blown coverage by rock to make it 17-14. Rock went back down the field and was in there redzone with under 2 minutes left and rock fumbled the snap. Congrats to SW. has any one herd any updates on the sw player that got hurt