Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 24 Sheldon Clark 21
The Contrarian Wrote:Based upon what I've read and heard, there was one (1) PCC player out. I could, however, be wrong but that is the information I have.

Now, the facts about SC players out last year vs. PCC: SC had seven (7) out, but as the poster above pointed out, one plays with what one has, period. Belfry beat PCC this year! No excuses. PCC beat SC last Friday night, and PCC beat SC last year regular season! No excuses.

Further, if SC and PCC meet again in the play-offs one would be wise to forget about last year and the last game 10/22, for the play-off game, if it comes about, will be a NEW game. And, moreover, the best team that particular night will come out winning! Period.

You know the old story about the frog, if the frog had wings it wouldn't bump its rear. So, bottom line, IF can always bring about many different outcomes but changes absolutely nothing.

Well said..

These three teams are capable of beating one another on any given night. It all comes down to how the ball bounces, how the teams execute, and how the coaches gameplan.

I said it before, and will say it again, the 2 seed may be better then the 1 seed in this district so you can avoid the 3rd place team potentially in the second round. I have a ton of repsect for Russell and Mason County, but I am not entirely convinced either is as daunting of a challenge as a potential second round rematch with either PC, Belfry, or SC this season.
As for ppl being out, that hard hitting kid from central didn't play Friday either. I think his name is shouse (sp)?

This was a good game and needs to be left at that. What happens in the stands isn't going to affect to what happens on the field. In most cases anyway. Central needs to prepare for a tough team in pburg and sc needs to go get ready for pikeville. So with that said good luck to both teams
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
idk why people are making excuses about people being hurt.. its part of the game and it happens to everyteam.. so what if a PCC player was out against belfry or so what if avery got hurt against PCC it dosnt matter.. the better team on the field that night will find a way to win.. geeze oh..
Guys being hurt is one thing but getting thrower out of a game for using proper blocking technique is another. Holland got threw out of the toisla game after we were done up by forty. That was bull**** and neone that's knows football knows this. Now by holland being out we had to put a center in that's never started and on top of that it was at belfry where it was to loud to here the snap count. That resulted to a out ten false starts. Also by holland being out it caused our running back to have to play both ways when he wasn't used to it and he got gassed real quick and dropped some easy passes over it. And most important holland would have isolated belfrys fullback and it would have been a completely different ball game. I agree u play with who u got but there is something fishy about him getting thrower out the week before belfry after we had a forty point lead. Just one player was out but he is our leader on defensive and play caller. Center on offense so that's like two very important people being out. But that's why their are playlets so we will c
Don't worry, SC will get PCC second round at THE ROCK Smile
So until then, it's water under the bridge.
Wild_Tide22 Wrote:Don't worry, SC will get PCC second round at THE ROCK Smile
So until then, it's water under the bridge.

Yep, it's water under the bridge, and I would be a bit worried because the "Creek is Still Rising."
ltr450_777 Wrote:Guys being hurt is one thing but getting thrower out of a game for using proper blocking technique is another. Holland got threw out of the toisla game after we were done up by forty. That was bull**** and neone that's knows football knows this. Now by holland being out we had to put a center in that's never started and on top of that it was at belfry where it was to loud to here the snap count. That resulted to a out ten false starts. Also by holland being out it caused our running back to have to play both ways when he wasn't used to it and he got gassed real quick and dropped some easy passes over it. And most important holland would have isolated belfrys fullback and it would have been a completely different ball game. I agree u play with who u got but there is something fishy about him getting thrower out the week before belfry after we had a forty point lead. Just one player was out but he is our leader on defensive and play caller. Center on offense so that's like two very important people being out. But that's why their are playlets so we will c

Let me help you out here. I'm as big Pike Central fan you'll find, I played there all through high school. Only Hollon was out but, Channing Smith bumped over from tackle and played center against Belfry and Justin Runyon filled his tackle spot. Both of them boys are starters and have been all season. This only caused Justin Runyon to play both sides of the ball. Channing has been playing both sides the last 2 years. Justin Smith the running back had to fill Hollon's linebacker position forcing him to also play both sides of the ball that one game. When you are a good team and someone goes down or can't play for any reason, you have to just pick up, play, and try to win the game. It's like throwing a doughnut on your truck your tire goes flat grab a spare and ride it out till you can get a new tire.
Justin Smith also started linebacker last year for Pike Central
appreicate the help oh buddy Wink
If 10 games were played, i believe SC would win 6 of em.