Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest 2011-2014 Football Alignment
Central should never worry about Bell. They are a typical big and slow Mountain team.
Bell shouldnt worry about central, just like breathitt and belfry didnt from out east. neither should they worry about tilghman or anyone else for that matter. The only team Bell should ever worry about is ALCOA darn tootn cause they the only team to ever beat bell ever.
6 classes doesn't make sense, especially when half the districts in 3A have 5 or 6 teams but then a district in 6A only has three??? And then your going to take the 5th place team from another district in a different part of the state and make it that districts 4 seed??? How is that fair? I said this on a earlier post on the first alignment thread, 6 classes is too big and this state needs to catch up with the times and class all sports into 3 classes...i got really bored last night and came up what it would look like, or at least what it should, if you classed the state into 3 classes which would put roughly 75 teams pure class, 9 to 10 teams pure district. I know, that would lock most of the scheduling for the season for district but then you would really have a true test of getting into the playoffs, it would mean something! And I think most people would be surprised how little it would change scheduling...pay attention to how much harder it would be to win a region, nevertheless state...

***Allowed schools to move up or down one class based on geographic location only! Also remember, driving 50 miles in the central or western part of the state takes half the time it does to drive 50 miles in the mountains where they're no interstates.

CLASS 1A

South Region
---district 1
Ballard Memorial
Caldwell County
Crittenden County
Fulton City
Fulton County
Heath
Mayfield
Murray
Reidland

---district 2
Bardstown
Bethlehem
Butler County
Fort Knox
Hancock County
McLean County
Owensboro Catholic
Russellville
Todd County Central

West Region
---district 3
Campbellsville
Caverna
Clinton County
Danville
Glasgow
Green County
Metcalfe County
Monroe County
Washington County

---district 4
Carroll County
Christian Academy-Louisville
DeSales
Eminence
Gallatin County
Holy Cross (Louisville)
Kentucky Country Day
Owen County
Shawnee
Trimble County

North Region
---district 5
Beechwood
Bellevue
Bishop Brossart
Dayton
Holy Cross (Covington)
Lloyd Memorial
Ludlow
Newport
Newport Central Catholic
Walton-Verona

---district 6
Bath County
Bracken County
Fairview
Frankfort
Lexington Christian
Nicholas County
Paris
Raceland
West Carter

East Region
---district 7
Allen Central
Betsy Layne
Jenkins
Paintsville
Pikeville
Phelphs
Prestonsburg
Shelby Valley
South Floyd

---district 8
Berea
Harlan
Hazard
Leslie County
Lynn Camp
Middlesboro
Pineville
Somerset
Williamsburg

-----------------------------------
Class 2A

South
---district 1
Calloway County
Fort Campbell
Lone Oak
Madisonville-North Hopkins
Owensboro
Paducah Tilghman
Trigg County
Union County
Webster County

---district 2
Allen County-Scottsville
Breckinridge County
Edmonson County
Elizabethtown
Franklin-Simpson
Hart County
Larue County
North Hardin Christian
Warren East

West
---district 3
Adair County
Casey County
Corbin
Knox Central
Marion County
McCreary Central
Russell County
Taylor County
Wayne County
Whitley County

---district 4
Doss
Fairdale
Henry County
Moore
North Oldham
Spencer County
Valley
Waggener
Western

North
---district 5
Breathitt County
Clay County
Estill County
Garrard County
Jackson County
Mercer County
Perry County Central
Powell County
Rockcastle County

---district 6
Bourbon County
Cooper
Covington Catholic
Franklin County
Harrison County
Holmes
Lexington Catholic
Pendleton County
Western Hills

East
---district 7
Ashland Blazer
Boyd County
East Carter
Fleming County
Greenup County
Lawrence County
Lewis County
Mason County
Rowan County
Russell

---district 8
Belfry
East Ridge
Johnson Central
Knott County Central
Letcher County Central
Magoffin County
Morgan County
Pike County Central
Sheldon Clark

------------------------------------
Class 3A

South
---district 1
Christian County
Graves County
Hopkins County Central
Hopkinsville
Logan County
Marshall County
Muhlenberg County
Muhlenberg North
Muhlenberg South

---district 2
Apollo
Barren County
Bowling Green
Daviess County
Grayson County
Greenwood
Henderson County
Ohio County
Warren Central

West
---district 3
Boyle County
Bullitt Central
Bullitt East
Central Hardin
John Hardin
Meade County
Nelson County
North Bullitt
North Hardin

---district 4
Butler
Central
DuPont Manual
Fern Creek
Iroquois
Male
Pleasure Ridge Park
Seneca
Southern
St. Xavier

North
---district 5
Anderson County
Atherton
Ballard
Eastern
Jeffersontown
Oldham County
Shelby County
South Oldham
Trinity (Louisville)

---district 6
Boone County
Campbell County
Conner
Dixie Heights
Grant County
Highlands
Ryle
Scott
Scott County
Simon Kenton

East
---district 7
Bryan Station
East Jessamine
George Rogers Clark
Henry Clay
Lafayette
Montgomery County
Paul Laurence Dunbar
Tates Creek
West Jessamine
Woodford County

---district 8
Bell County
Harlan County
Lincoln County
Madison Central
Madison Southern
North Laurel
Pulaski County
South Laurel
Southwestern
how did you divide up the schools bball fan? you have current 5A schools in your 2A bracket and current 3A schools in your 3A bracket.
I went by KHSAA yearly enrollment for all schools for the past two years, I was surprised to find just how many teams really do play up 2 classes higher then what they're enrollment is.

Thanks for pointing that out for me. Highlands for example, would have very little competition most years by staying in 2A which is where there enrollment would put them in my classing (3A under current enrollment), however you move them up to 3A with some of the the bigger Louisville schools among others throughout the state and you have another state title contender rather then a safe bet to win state 3 out of 5 years.

I admit I'm going against what I said on my last post...wasn't thinking when I said move schools up and down by geography only, certain schools would need to play up to make competition fair...which I agree that enrollment numbers makes things fair rather then how good the program is, but what would make for the best football? If a school requests to move up due to competition, allow them too as long as you can make the district numbers match still.

Also to defend why some 3A schools are now listed in my list with 6A schools...most classes have less then 40 schools in them at this moment, I believe 2A is the only one that has more. Some of them have as little as 35 teams, which wouldn't make up half of the required teams in my idea for a class.
Here is the link to the enrollment sheets for 08-09 & 09-10 school years, in order by school size from largest to smallest..

http://www.khsaa.org/reports/enrollments...enroll.pdf
I don't like moving North Laurel out of 5A district 8 without anyone coming over in return.
That makes us an automatic qualifier and we have had some intense battles in the past years in this district.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Central should never worry about Bell. They are a typical big and slow Mountain team.
I have heard that Bell will be graduating a lot of talent this season, do they have enough coming back to be as good as they been?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I have heard that Bell will be graduating a lot of talent this season, do they have enough coming back to be as good as they been?

They will be young......but talented as well
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I have heard that Bell will be graduating a lot of talent this season, do they have enough coming back to be as good as they been?

Simply.....Yes. They will have Corey Davenport back, 3 or 4 starters on the OL, 2 other very talented young RB's and a bunch of kids on defense (5 or 6).
I actually love the idea of 7+ team districts
I guess Bell should dominate 3A, but they won't.
I, for one, don't like having Trinity and St. X in the same district. A best case scenario would have them meeting up again in the regional finals, and then one of them would go home after that game. Seems kinda dumb to have arguably the 2 best teams in 6A meet in the same district and meeting again at the Regional Finals level, when you could have them possibly meeting in the finals.

Even though I don't have a dog in the 6A fight, there has been no more exciting game in the state finals than when Trinity meets up with St. X. When those 2 teams meet in the regular season, it is a spectacle, with sometimes upwards of 15,000 attending. (Biggest number I have seen for this game attendance-wise is about 30,000 if I'm not mistaken). When they meet in the State Finals of 6A, well, it is an awesome sight. Most memorable game I ever saw was the Trinity-St. X finals game of about 3 years ago. UK's Matt Smith was All State DT for St. X and Trinity's Sam Robey was All State OL/DL. He is now at Florida. Great game, great atmosphere, and what a spectacle to see.

Seems like I read somewhere that neither Trinity or St. X grumbled much about the new alignment, so maybe they don't care... I guess in their minds, most years the State Championship road runs through them, so it doesn't really matter when they play.