Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(8)Auburn 37 Kentucky 34
Does anyone else realise that when Newton was the QB last year the playcalling was designed to protect him? Locke and Cobb did all the work, with newton occasionally running, or throwing. as for a duel threat qb. Kentucky runs a Pro Style offense guys, not a flexbone, not a spread option. Kentucky will always go with the better passing qb. Finally The guy choosing the qb's goes by the name of Randy Sanders. He has coached a few no names like PEYTON MANNING in his day. I'm sure he knows enough about quarterbacks to pick the right one. and **** sure he knows more about it than any of us.
Someone may want to check on this, but didn't Wil Fidler come into the Auburn game or Georgia game to lead us down field for one of our td? Also, who do you think did all the work in that Auburn game, Cobb in the wildcat formation. Guys, don't forget that there is another 4 star quarterback over on the sideline and I don't think that he's just going to sit back and let Newton have the starting quarterback job next year....
Kentucky played great in this game!
And for once the football team surprised me.
Cobb is insane and I respect his game a lot.
I liked Joker's playcalling, for the most part.
UK played good enough to beat Auburn as a team, but Cam Newton broke their back time and time again.
I think they should keep their head up though.
A loss is never good, but they have nothing to be ashamed of.
Navajo4life Wrote:Someone may want to check on this, but didn't Wil Fidler come into the Auburn game or Georgia game to lead us down field for one of our td? Also, who do you think did all the work in that Auburn game, Cobb in the wildcat formation. Guys, don't forget that there is another 4 star quarterback over on the sideline and I don't think that he's just going to sit back and let Newton have the starting quarterback job next year....

Very, very true. Best thing about it IMO is that they're both big, mobile guys that have big arms.
Aslan Wrote:We should go back to what we did last year after Hartline's injury because what were doing is not working. Let Newton and Cobb rotate at that position. Run the ball quite a bit out of the wild Cobb occasionally try to catch the D off guard and throw a pass. Play kind of conservative with Newton and give Lock 15+ carries. We at least won a few SEC games that way. At this rate we might not win one this year. There' a good possibility were the worst team in the SEC. Go ahead and groom Newton for next year because UK is not making a bowl this year.

What do you mean ,what we are doing isn't working? We avg. 36pts per game and that is ranked 21st in the country, so you dont think the offense is working for us? I think the reason we are losing games is on the other side of the ball. Our D needs to make changes not our offense. UK will make a bowl game just watch and see I'd bet anything on it. Wink
MVP2 Wrote:What do you mean ,what we are doing isn't working? We avg. 36pts per game and that is ranked 21st in the country, so you dont think the offense is working for us? I think the reason we are losing games is on the other side of the ball. Our D needs to make changes not our offense. UK will make a bowl game just watch and see I'd bet anything on it. Wink

Well with that pre-conference schedule we had it's hard not to get one lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Well with that pre-conference schedule we had it's hard not to get one lol

Well I agree with that but that only puts us at 4 wins that means we have to beat aleast two SEC teams and no SEC game is easy. We get our 1st SEC win this sat against the Gamecocks. Wink I hope.
I hope you **** Steve idiot Brown and Mike crybaby Hartline lovers are happy now. Piece of **** coach and player. Embaressment to the program, I can't remember the last time I've been this mad at UK football. I want to break Steve Brown off.
vundy33 Wrote:I hope you **** Steve idiot Brown and Mike crybaby Hartline lovers are happy now. Piece of **** coach and player. Embaressment to the program, I can't remember the last time I've been this mad at UK football. I want to break Steve Brown off.

What do you think about Browns 2nd half adjustments in the USC game, allowing the Gamecocks to ZERO points?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Does anyone else realise that when Newton was the QB last year the playcalling was designed to protect him? Locke and Cobb did all the work, with newton occasionally running, or throwing. as for a duel threat qb. Kentucky runs a Pro Style offense guys, not a flexbone, not a spread option. Kentucky will always go with the better passing qb. Finally The guy choosing the qb's goes by the name of Randy Sanders. He has coached a few no names like PEYTON MANNING in his day. I'm sure he knows enough about quarterbacks to pick the right one. and **** sure he knows more about it than any of us.

Solid post :Thumbs: