Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article in the Floyd County Times that quotes posts on BGR...
“One thing is for certain, South Floyd's administration and coaches have got to get a grip on this team before something unfortunate happens,” a South Floyd alumnus wrote in a blog on the Bluegrassrivals.com website. “It all starts with the lack of leadership, letting players taunt the opposing fans and players. Tonight's events ruined an otherwise great contest. Someone needs to take a stand. I'm ashamed to call myself an alumnus of South Floyd High School tonight. Although tonight's events were not related to players, it starts with their lack of sportsmanship.”

Other entries on the website threatened continued problems from “crazzies” at South Floyd ballgames.

“Don't be ashamed of our fans,” one entry read. “They came over to our side and ran there mouths and we gave them what they deserved. Keep it up BETSY Layne. Crazzies are back Baby.”

South Floyd Principal Keith Henry, who was present at the game, said the fight broke out after former Betsy Layne High School players walked over to South Floyd's cheering section.

Henry removed two poster boards from South Floyd's cheering section and stopped South Floyd fans from running up and down the sidelines while players were shooting free throws during the game.

here's the link to read it all
http://floydcountytimes.com/articles/200...news03.txt
It's always great to get some exposure in a local publication. I just wish it could have been something more informative and serious than a fight.
I seen a thread started earlier about this, I can't find it anymore though..but that thread didn't quote what was in the paper so I like this one better..lol
The other thread was moved by somebody earlier this afternoon.. I figured I would post this becuase I'm sure everybody would like to see it
I know 15th I just thought I was going crazy or something, but I'm glad it was moved.
lol.. you're not crazy balla.. and I figured everybody didn't want to go out and buy a paper just to see this one article lol.. (btw...you have to see those pictures whitney has lmao)
Why do you heads move soething then post it again.
FIREMAN Wrote:Why do you heads move soething then post it again.

Because the first thread that was started had some nasty things to say about The Floyd County Times and 15th thought everyone would want to know what was said since the person who first started a thread about this was simply telling everyone to go buy a paper.
We will have more people sign up after they read the paper
Awesome.

Exposure is exposure.

Thanks 15th.
Shouldn't matter if you like the paper or not we should be happy for the exposure.

THANKS FLOYD COUNTY TIMES.
Thanks for the exposure!
The article was totally against SF....... but it was good for the site.....
Yea, it was totally one-sided and shared the opinion of the only poster from SF that said something negative about SF. What about all the other 50 posters that had something to say in a more positive view? BS if you ask me....
Good exposure for the site.....
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:The other thread was moved by somebody earlier this afternoon.. I figured I would post this becuase I'm sure everybody would like to see it

The first thread shouldn't have been taken off, JMO. I don't think it's right for a newspaper to quote anonymous posters on a website and say that it's a credible source - BS!

Anyway, I'll never have anything positive to say about the FLOYD COUNTY LIAR ever again. And if this post is edited by a moderator, then you are only making it worse. This is an open forum and those who want to express their opinions should be able to. This isn't Iraq!
jammin jamey Wrote:The first thread shouldn't have been taken off, JMO. I don't think it's right for a newspaper to quote anonymous posters on a website and say that it's a credible source - BS!

Anyway, I'll never have anything positive to say about the FLOYD COUNTY LIAR ever again. And if this post is edited by a moderator, then you are only making it worse. This is an open forum and those who want to express their opinions should be able to. This isn't Iraq!

15th just started another thread so people could read what was actually said, she didn't take the first one off. I know your upset and I would be also but this is a public forum, but not it's not a credible source like you said..lol
BallaBaby Wrote:15th just started another thread so people could read what was actually said, she didn't take the first one off. I know your upset and I would be also but this is a public forum, but not it's not a credible source like you said..lol

:thumb:
Quote:

[size=2]Originally posted by Jammin Jamey

Did anyone else notice that bluegrassrivals.com was used as a source for a story in today's Floyd County Times?

I sure did.

Wow, the world of journalism has reached a new low, but what else can you expect from a local newspaper that many in the county refer to as, "The Floyd County Liar".

How does a newspaper, an established media outlet, use anonymous names posting their opinions as credible sources? I believe the FCT is the first newspaper in history to do this. Did the paper receive permission to quote posters in the paper? Isn't there laws against that? How credible is an anonymous name like, "barbiegirl4life" anyway?

Well nonetheless, I thought I would give the Floyd County Times something they could use as a quote - "The Floyd County Times is desperate to sell newspapers by degrading an institution of learning, whom, along with the local board of education, had already made steps at correcting certain situations so that this may never happen again before this story was released. The editor and staff writers should stop giving people/websites/schools/communtities a bad name just to sell newspapers. Try contacting actual people for quotes about front page news instead of slandering a website."

You do have my permission to quote me as saying, "You suck Floyd County Times, you just lost another reader. Let's see you run this post in Friday's edition."

JJ here is the post that was made by you. Feel free to recreate it. [/size]
I didn't move the first one.. I just made this one because I had the article