Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 50 South Floyd 44
Another great game Allen Central are in the playoffs
Looks like the Raiders put up quite a fight toward the end of this one.

Congrats Rebels!
Anyone got the stats for Doug Newman?
congrats to AC
Congrats to AC, very good game.

AC could have put this one away early in the second half but SF hung in there and DIDNT QUIT tonight after getting down and fought back. Special Teams won this game for AC tonight, SF coughed the ball up two times tonight on Kickoff return and it payed off two times for AC with two scores. I also think the big Kickoff return right before half killed SF.
wow must have been a heck of a final 9 mins cause i talked to someone that was leaving with 9:27 left and the score was 50-28.
Allen Central reminds me of Mummy Ball. They put up a lot of points, but they tend to give up a lot too. Congrats AC.
SF did not quit and played very good. AC was up 50-20 late in the third and started putting in subs. By the 8 minute mark in the 4th mass subs were in for AC. SF continued to play hard and worked their way back in the game. SF's D. Newsome and W. Little were very impressive. AC's S. Hamilton, M. Parson played very well as did M. Harlow and S. Rice. Harlow hooked up with Rice on some very nice downfield passes. Rice and Hamilton had some big hits in the game.
Looks like the Raiders made quite the comeback! Glad to see the Rebels hold them off and show perseverance and come out with the win! Congrats AC!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Ive watched Dakota Newsome about 5 times this year although he makes a good play at least once a game I think hes overrated and he's soft on defense. There was one time last night Allen Central had a man running up the sidelines with a ball Newsome had the angle to run him down and just jogged and when his team was down he was walking up the field after throwing a td. IMO if you're the QB you need to hold your head up the whole game because the players feed off you...if you ask me Weston is the best player on that team and they will go as far as he will take them....good job ac
Barney Rubble Wrote:Ive watched Dakota Newsome about 5 times this year although he makes a good play at least once a game I think hes overrated and he's soft on defense. There was one time last night Allen Central had a man running up the sidelines with a ball Newsome had the angle to run him down and just jogged and when his team was down he was walking up the field after throwing a td. IMO if you're the QB you need to hold your head up the whole game because the players feed off you...if you ask me Weston is the best player on that team and they will go as far as he will take them....good job ac
Tell us how you really feel LOL. I dont think you can compare who is better since one is a QB and one is a RB. Weston is a stud and so is Dakota, Ive watched them almost every game this season and both do alot with little to work with, Neither have much blocking and Dakota only has one person that can catch the ball with consistency and that is Weston, Luke will catch a few some time but isnt very consistent As far as him being overrated he could start as alot of places in the mountains this year. Also you think since he plays Offense and Defense and usually he is running for his life on every play he might be a little tired, One thing I can tell you is he has alot of heart, he wants to be out there every play, he has been hurt in two games this year and wouldnt come out either game. Over at Eastridge He took a helmet to the the knee and had a hard time walking and the Betsy Layne game he pulled his groin and couldnt run but he didnt come out. Also if he wasnt any good He wouldnt had two Colleges with coaches there at the game friday night.
Billnz28 Wrote:Tell us how you really feel LOL. I dont think you can compare who is better since one is a QB and one is a RB. Weston is a stud and so is Dakota, Ive watched them almost every game this season and both do alot with little to work with, Neither have much blocking and Dakota only has one person that can catch the ball with consistency and that is Weston, Luke will catch a few some time but isnt very consistent As far as him being overrated he could start as alot of places in the mountains this year. Also you think since he plays Offense and Defense and usually he is running for his life on every play he might be a little tired, One thing I can tell you is he has alot of heart, he wants to be out there every play, he has been hurt in two games this year and wouldnt come out either game. Over at Eastridge He took a helmet to the the knee and had a hard time walking and the Betsy Layne game he pulled his groin and couldnt run but he didnt come out. Also if he wasnt any good He wouldnt had two Colleges with coaches there at the game friday night.

What schools are looking at him
This is what you call a defensive battle! lol
Congrats AC
JackFrost Wrote:What schools are looking at him
UVA-Wise, Marshall was at the game. Has some more interested but He has already Had an Official visit to UVA-Wise
Billnz28 Wrote:UVA-Wise, Marshall was at the game. Has some more interested but He has already Had an Official visit to UVA-Wise

unless his act is a 21 one hes not goin to uva wise and i know that for a fact
Billnz28 Wrote:Tell us how you really feel LOL. I dont think you can compare who is better since one is a QB and one is a RB. Weston is a stud and so is Dakota, Ive watched them almost every game this season and both do alot with little to work with, Neither have much blocking and Dakota only has one person that can catch the ball with consistency and that is Weston, Luke will catch a few some time but isnt very consistent As far as him being overrated he could start as alot of places in the mountains this year. Also you think since he plays Offense and Defense and usually he is running for his life on every play he might be a little tired, One thing I can tell you is he has alot of heart, he wants to be out there every play, he has been hurt in two games this year and wouldnt come out either game. Over at Eastridge He took a helmet to the the knee and had a hard time walking and the Betsy Layne game he pulled his groin and couldnt run but he didnt come out. Also if he wasnt any good He wouldnt had two Colleges with coaches there at the game friday night.

A good QB doesnt force the ball into tripple coverage and when the team is down he tries to rally everyone back he doesnt let them hang their heads and as far as startin alot of places in the mountain come on really. bl has a qb in martin,ac in harllow,pburg idk who but i guarentee hes good lol, and u can bet that paintsvilles is good where would he play at jenkins or phelps cause once u start gettin into johnson central and other big school this kid is playin jv at best
Barney Rubble Wrote:unless his act is a 21 one hes not goin to uva wise and i know that for a fact
Well either you dont know much or you dont check your facts. Google is your friend UVA wise requires a ACT of 18 and/or a Sat of 900. Here is you a link so you can get your facts straight LOL
http://www.wise.virginia.edu/admissions/freshmen
Barney Rubble Wrote:A good QB doesnt force the ball into tripple coverage and when the team is down he tries to rally everyone back he doesnt let them hang their heads and as far as startin alot of places in the mountain come on really. bl has a qb in martin,ac in harllow,pburg idk who but i guarentee hes good lol, and u can bet that paintsvilles is good where would he play at jenkins or phelps cause once u start gettin into johnson central and other big school this kid is playin jv at best
I will admit he has forced the ball a time or two but it not like he has very much time to make a decision, most of the time he is running around trying to make a play and more times then not he does, he is always throwing on the run and its not by choice, it cause there is no blocking and our receivers dont know to break off their routes and get to a open part of the field. Also Lou Holts couldnt motivate this team they just dont care, you have about 4-5 that really do care and the rest just dont, Ive heard it come out of there mouths and this is from starters. Also please tell me which receiver that SF has that will draw triple coverage LOL this really makes me laugh. As far as he couldnt play any where else and just JV your just plain stupid or jealous and dont have a clue and Ill leave it at that.
according to scout.com he is hearing from all kinds of schools from the likes of Kentucky, Marshall, Cincinnati, Middle Tennessee State, Tennessee, Northwestern, Ohio, Eastern Kentucky, Western Kentucky, Pittsburgh, Appalachian State, North Carolina State and Purdue and holds offers from Middle Tennessee State, Northwestern, Ohio, Purdue, Eastern Kentucky and Western Kentucky.

http://www.derekforrest.com/4/category/d...ome/1.html

http://hskentucky.scout.com/a.z?s=391&p=9&c=4&yr=2011

http://hskentucky.scout.com/a.z?s=391&p=...id=5167452
I wish nothing but the best to Newsome and where ever he ends up playing. Would love to see him play somewhere close. What most people don't realize is the Newsome and Little come into every game with the opponents' defense game planned to stop those two. Yet each Friday night they respond with a solid game. It is not very often that both kids are stopped.
TATE_64 Wrote:according to scout.com he is hearing from all kinds of schools from the likes of Kentucky, Marshall, Cincinnati, Middle Tennessee State, Tennessee, Northwestern, Ohio, Eastern Kentucky, Western Kentucky, Pittsburgh, Appalachian State, North Carolina State and Purdue and holds offers from Middle Tennessee State, Northwestern, Ohio, Purdue, Eastern Kentucky and Western Kentucky.

http://www.derekforrest.com/4/category/d...ome/1.html

http://hskentucky.scout.com/a.z?s=391&p=9&c=4&yr=2011

http://hskentucky.scout.com/a.z?s=391&p=...id=5167452

no disrespect but thats funny noone from south floyd is gonna get looked at by these school michael burchett from a year ago at pburg was a **** of alot better and was look at by purdue where is he now?
Billnz28 Wrote:Well either you dont know much or you dont check your facts. Google is your friend UVA wise requires a ACT of 18 and/or a Sat of 900. Here is you a link so you can get your facts straight LOL
http://www.wise.virginia.edu/admissions/freshmen

I will admit he has forced the ball a time or two but it not like he has very much time to make a decision, most of the time he is running around trying to make a play and more times then not he does, he is always throwing on the run and its not by choice, it cause there is no blocking and our receivers dont know to break off their routes and get to a open part of the field. Also Lou Holts couldnt motivate this team they just dont care, you have about 4-5 that really do care and the rest just dont, Ive heard it come out of there mouths and this is from starters. Also please tell me which receiver that SF has that will draw triple coverage LOL this really makes me laugh. As far as he couldnt play any where else and just JV your just plain stupid or jealous and dont have a clue and Ill leave it at that.

i knew a very good linebacker from shelby valley that grad in the year of 09 and he didnt get a scholorhsip from uva because he didnt have a 21 on his act they require very good academics over there and he went on a visit there almost every weekend when there was a home game......the lou holtz part now thats funny lol and tell me you would rather have dakota then the kid from pikeville,harllow,pburg or johnson central if he went to another school he would prlly have to find another position is he wants to play...and i just checked on khsaa.org and hes not even in the top 15 for rushin or passing ive seen running backs that sf has had in the past that hasnt had much of a line and finish #3 in the state so if this kid is really good they would win more and yes in high school a player can win a game by his self high school is the only level where a player can but he can and as far as jealous what am i jealous of? that he plays at sf and has what 3 career wins? C'mon son
Barney Rubble Wrote:no disrespect but thats funny noone from south floyd is gonna get looked at by these school michael burchett from a year ago at pburg was a **** of alot better and was look at by purdue where is he now?

the first link is a picture of his facebook lol how would they get that and the second link it has his as not ranked and a wr
How many camps do you think Dakota went to this summer? He didnt only go as a qb he went to more camps as an athlete. The camps are where he got noticed from, Your not gonna get noticed here for anything, Also all of SF stats arent updated and in, and if you watched any games he dont throw the ball very much either, **** you could have also checked that to SON.

So are your saying the LINE you was on and blocking for your ole buddy KHowell was worse than this one LOL Ole Number 60.

I think you keep forgetting that Dakota is a QB and SF has a **** of a RB in Little so quit comparing the two. and yes I will take Dakota over any QB in this district, give him the blocking and a couple of receivers that the others have, Dakota is a dual threat whether you would admit it or not, What I dont understand is why you wanna talk about a player from the school that you played for and act like you like him to his face but get on here and bash him LOL Matter of fact Im not gonna comment on this anymore, why dont we just talk about it at the next game Since you know who I am and I know who you are. GM
Billnz28 Wrote:How many camps do you think Dakota went to this summer? He didnt only go as a qb he went to more camps as an athlete. The camps are where he got noticed from, Your not gonna get noticed here for anything, Also all of SF stats arent updated and in, and if you watched any games he dont throw the ball very much either, **** you could have also checked that to SON.

So are your saying the LINE you was on and blocking for your ole buddy KHowell was worse than this one LOL Ole Number 60.

I think you keep forgetting that Dakota is a QB and SF has a **** of a RB in Little so quit comparing the two. and yes I will take Dakota over any QB in this district, give him the blocking and a couple of receivers that the others have, Dakota is a dual threat whether you would admit it or not, What I dont understand is why you wanna talk about a player from the school that you played for and act like you like him to his face but get on here and bash him LOL Matter of fact Im not gonna comment on this anymore, why dont we just talk about it at the next game Since you know who I am and I know who you are. GM

Obviously u dont know who i am there was more then one running back that finished top in the state brandon little was #3 in the state and wes hall and joe was #2 and #3 so get ur facts right and to dakota bein a bad qb no him makin bad decisions yes...and you can blame some on the coach for not making them get in the weight room and for the scheme they run but to dakota not running up the field when there down and acting like he doesnt care thats on him.....Im critizing his leadership and his decisions not his play making ability...and as far as another qb in the county =..harllow and martin do look more accurate and harllow had a better performance minus the play action dakota had but before u jump to conclusions on who this is check lol
Actually Harlow, and Martin both have a line and some good receivers....

So you are saying that the line is better this year, and than what Joe, Wes, Brandon, and Kyle all had.....Rolleyes
TATE_64 Wrote:Actually Harlow, and Martin both have a line and some good receivers....

So you are saying that the line is better this year, and than what Joe, Wes, Brandon, and Kyle all had.....Rolleyes

Heres what im sayin dakota isnt a bad player its just his attitude and his decision making and they have to size to b a good line like these players had they have big boys like dusty and robert was for joe,wes,and brandon just the coach wont make them get in the weightroom do i blame dakota for his attitude yes do i like dakota as a person yes but as a player if we was on the same team we wouldnt get along because of his cockiness if sf wants a winnin team idc who they have GET IN THE WEIGHT ROOM
Like I said Im talking about this anymore, this thread is done, Oh and I do know who you are.