Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 40 Perry Central 0 JV
Another win from the Blackcat JV squad last night. I'm pretty sure about the final score, but I may be off a couple of points. Found out from a Perry Central coach that they had just lost their JV QB and best WR, so they were a little undermanned last night.

Prestonsburg's JV team continues to impress. After dropping the first 2 games of the year (mainly because they had no QB..freshman Grant Anderson was nursing a broken thumb...), they have won every game since in pretty dominating fashions. They have a stable of fast, hard running backs, a fleet mobile QB who can throw the ball, several capable receivers, and their defense continues to shut down opposing offenses. This JV team, coupled with the successes of Prestonsburg's feeder schools, signals some very exciting years coming up for the Blackcat team.
I'm pretty sure this is the 2nd time I've seen PCC's JV score 0 in a game.
Ballers Wrote:I'm pretty sure this is the 2nd time I've seen PCC's JV score 0 in a game.

Fielding a JV squad at Perry is not a priority.
They still have people run both ways on Varsity.
zaga_fan Wrote:Fielding a JV squad at Perry is not a priority.
They still have people run both ways on Varsity.

Why is JV not a priority there? Not being a wise guy, just interested. It would seem to me that a 5A program should have enough players to field a pretty competitive JV team.

I'm a firm believer that the more games kids play, the better they become. Nothing can take the place of game experience, even if it is a JV game. Prestonsburg will end up playing about 11-12 JV games this year, as well as a couple of freshmen games.

I just find it odd that a program that is obviously moving in the right direction like Perry Central would not make JV/Freshmen teams more of a priority...
cat86 Wrote:Why is JV not a priority there? Not being a wise guy, just interested. It would seem to me that a 5A program should have enough players to field a pretty competitive JV team.

I'm a firm believer that the more games kids play, the better they become. Nothing can take the place of game experience, even if it is a JV game. Prestonsburg will end up playing about 11-12 JV games this year, as well as a couple of freshmen games.

I just find it odd that a program that is obviously moving in the right direction like Perry Central would not make JV/Freshmen teams more of a priority...

Just the mere mention of JV play sends Zaga into a tizzy...:biggrin:
i think thats one of the main reason pcc hasn't been very successful over the past 16 years.