Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lone Oak 63, Calloway County 28
Final. Nice job to the Flash, who put out their freshman/JV somewhere in the third quarter, wherein Calloway scored at least half of their points. Running and passing games were both impressive tonight by the Flash, imo.
Congrats Lone Oak!
I expected this, Good job bouncing back. (I'm still scratching my head over that one)
Too bad CC had to be the one to recieve your wrath.
Lone Oak had at least one injury tonight on defense as well (Cameron Byrd I know for sure), but they still did a passable job. Calloway played hard but just couldn't catch a break most of the night. I was glad to see Lone Oak utilizing variety, most notably using Davontae Wilson (usually an outside linebacker) as an additional running back, who did a splendid job of literally running over defenders. I hope to see him utilized more often.
Nice recovery from last week for Lone Oak
Congrats LO.
For those dying for some in-game stats:

First Downs: CC 15, LO 16
Rushing attempts: CC 22, LO 32
Rushing Yards: CC 53, LO 232
Passing: CC (15-37-1), LO (15-18-1)
Passing Yards: CC 332, LO 320
Total Yards: CC 372, LO 552
Fumbles/lost: CC (4/2), LO (2/2)
Penalties/Yards: CC (3-15), LO (8-72)

Individual Leaders:

Rushing (attempts/yards)

Calloway:
Treadaway 12-45
Greer 9-5
Friedrich 1-3

Lone Oak:
Wilson 4-96
Wright 8-71
Seitzinger 9-43
Caldwell 2-25
Joe'Ontre Starks 2-12

Passing (Completions/Attempts/Interceptions/Yards)

Calloway:
Greer (15-37-1-332)

Lone Oak:
Ousley (11-12-0-294)
Murphy (4-6-1-26)

Receiving (Attempts/Yards)

Calloway:
Thompson 6-182
Starks 7-134
Treadaway 1-18
Dillington 1-(-2)

Lone Oak:
Joe'Ontre Starks 5-132
Joe'Shawn Starks 3-73
Felix Colon 1-76
McKinney 2-16
Ellerman 2-10
Collier 1-8
Wright 1-5

I guess I could post the scoring history if requested, but for now I'm just going to throw in some comments. Ousley played excellently, missing only one of his twelve passes and almost garnering 300 yards in the process. Davontae had only carried five times this season prior to this game, and proved to be a valuable commodity on offense this time around. Solid performance by Wright, as well. Both Starks and Colon continued to dominate the receiving game, plus Colon managed a 71 yard punt return for a touchdown in the first quarter. Running defense was solid, but the secondary needs some adjustments. Calloway quarterback was having trouble getting passes in, but when he did, he hit big. Since that quarterback is only a sophomore, he might prove to be a gem for them in the next couple of years.

Stats courtesy of the Paducah Sun.