Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest assistant coaches NEVER to become a head coach
Since LWC started this in the Football forum, I thought I would start one in the Basketball forum. Who do you think is the best assistant or staff member that has never been a head coach?
Southwestern

Greg Kinney
James Murray
Chris Fitzgerald

Pulaski County

Avery Hatfield
Roscoe Denney- assistant under Dave Fraley is now at South Laurel with Steve Wright
John Wimzie at Covington Holmes
roscoe denney was head coach at danville i do believe
Platinum & Gold Wrote:roscoe denney was head coach at danville i do believe

Oh well I stand corrected...Either way he is still one of the best assistants around.
Clifford McIntyre!
Bebo Combs
Clay County had a guy named "Red" I believe that was with Coach Bobby Keith for many years. He was on the staff through all the glory years in the '80's and '90's.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Southwestern

Greg Kinney
James Murray
Chris Fitzgerald

Pulaski County

Avery Hatfield
Roscoe Denney- assistant under Dave Fraley is now at South Laurel with Steve Wright
Roscoe coached two teams to the KHSAA state tournament. He was head man at Danville, and later at Breathitt County, when they won the 12th and 14th regions, respectively.
John Green assis at KC and SL
[quote=the dark wizard]John Green assis at KC and SL[/QUOTE ????????WHO NEVER HEARD OF HIM
big blu 2 u Wrote:[quote=the dark wizard]John Green assis at KC and SL[/QUOTE ????????WHO NEVER HEARD OF HIM

He was assistant at SL when they won all those straight regions, and assistant at KC last year. He played at SL the year before they won stats when they first started their reign at going to state. He then went on to play at Union.
Matt Hurt - Cordia

I believe he is now a graduate assistant at Coastal Carolina.
I'm still saying Clifford McIntyre
He's coached Football, Basketball, Middle School Soccer....everything.
He's a good one-on-one basketball player too.
He can't beat me or anything....
but he's pretty good Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm still saying Clifford McIntyre
He's coached Football, Basketball, Middle School Soccer....everything.
He's a good one-on-one basketball player too.
He can't beat me or anything....
but he's pretty good Wink

The guy has put his time in that is for sure. I'm sure his chance will come soon. Has he ever applied for a HC position anywhere?
MVP2 Wrote:The guy has put his time in that is for sure. I'm sure his chance will come soon. Has he ever applied for a HC position anywhere?

I hear he's weighing his options but hasn't applied.
His got a baby boy to take care of now and I'm sure that's his top priority Wink
Clifford Mcintyre.. hmm.. isn't he the guy that likes too shoot the 3 ball in the leagues around here?

If so, he got completely shut down in the last league hahaha.. Just kidding Cliff, had to give you a nice roasting.
zaga_fan Wrote:I hear he's weighing his options but hasn't applied.
His got a baby boy to take care of now and I'm sure that's his top priority Wink

Oh, That is great too hear, nothing like having a baby boy to see grow up and play sports but If Cliff did apply would he ever consider leaving Perry County?
MVP2 Wrote:Oh, That is great too hear, nothing like having a baby boy to see grow up and play sports but If Cliff did apply would he ever consider leaving Perry County?
No idea.
Picking up and moving or giving yourself a big commute to work is a tough decision and coaches around here do it all the time to follow their dreams.
I have a lot of respect for people that can do that.
I had a chance to move to Florida for a pretty awesome job once....
I didn't end up getting the job lol
but it would have been a hard decision to make

on the kid thing though.
Maybe if you hold JC back a year, Cliff's son could be a part of a starting 5 for a basketball team here in the mountains.
I may not be too far behind lol
I'd have to okay that one with Mrs.Zaga-fan though Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:No idea.
Picking up and moving or giving yourself a big commute to work is a tough decision and coaches around here do it all the time to follow their dreams.
I have a lot of respect for people that can do that.
I had a chance to move to Florida for a pretty awesome job once....
I didn't end up getting the job lol
but it would have been a hard decision to make

on the kid thing though.
Maybe if you hold JC back a year, Cliff's son could be a part of a starting 5 for a basketball team here in the mountains.
I may not be too far behind lol
I'd have to okay that one with Mrs.Zaga-fan though Wink

Uhoh haha.
Seriously though, Cliff is a good coach and deserves an opportunity to be a head coach one day.
Calvin Buchanon from Southwestern
Willie Turnover Wrote:Calvin Buchanon from Southwestern
Wasn't he just a board member Willie?