Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is Lex Cath
Is Lex Cath Middle School connected to their High School. I looked up Lex Cath Middle School but I could not find it
I know that they play on the same field as their as high school....
Old Henry Man Wrote:Is Lex Cath Middle School connected to their High School. I looked up Lex Cath Middle School but I could not find it

That is because there is no Lex Cath Middle School. Knighted or someone else can explain much better than I on where they draw their players from. I am not sure if the players must be enrolled in a Catholic grade/middle school or just live within a certain area. But there is no school.
barrel Wrote:That is because there is no Lex Cath Middle School. Knighted or someone else can explain much better than I on where they draw their players from. I am not sure if the players must be enrolled in a Catholic grade/middle school or just live within a certain area. But there is no school.

Lexington Catholic middle draws their players form the Catholic elementary schools which we call feeder schools. It has nothing to do with proximity to our high school. We don't have any Catholic middle schools, just elementary. Most of our team comes from Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary.
knighted Wrote:Lexington Catholic middle draws their players form the Catholic elementary schools which we call feeder schools. It has nothing to do with proximity to our high school. We don't have any Catholic middle schools, just elementary. Most of our team comes from Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary.

I did not know this. Is this like a AAU basketball team. Does other middle schools in Fayette County play Football?
Old Henry Man Wrote:I did not know this. Is this like a AAU basketball team. Does other middle schools in Fayette County play Football?

LOL, This is in no way anything like an AAU team. An AAU team can allow any kid to play on that team in the state of KY. All of our elementary school are Catholic feeder schools. That means they have no high school that is connected to that school. All the Fayette ( Lexington) middle schools such as Beaumont, Jesse Clark, Crawford, Morton, Southern etc... feed into a specific high school such as Paul Lawrence Dunbar-Beaumont, Jesse Clark-Lafayette etc. They all have their own middle school football teams but you don't hear alot about them because they only play each other. LCA is a private school but they have a elementary, middle and high school all at one location so they would not be permited to play with us. Its just like Greenup County middle schools team. As far as I know(and I don't know it all) there is no Greenup County middle school. They just make up their team from their feeder schools such as McKell elementary and Wurtland elementary. We are not the only 2 teams that do that either.
When I said area I was refering to the diocese not how close a student was to the HS. When I said Catholic grade/middle what knighted refered to is close to what I was thinking. I assume that the Catholic Elem. Schools are K-8. I also assume that only students of these Catholic schools are allowed to play on the Lex Cath team since there is no school. I would assume that Lex Cath's division level is based on the number of males from the grade levels used in all available schools Lex Cath could pull from.
Old Henry Man Wrote:I did not know this. Is this like a AAU basketball team. Does other middle schools in Fayette County play Football?

henry co has a good team but i think the game between farnsley and them would have been a different game with farnsleys 3 starters playing in this game!!!!
delton fms Wrote:henry co has a good team but i think the game between farnsley and them would have been a different game with farnsleys 3 starters playing in this game!!!!

What was the reason they did not play? What positions did they play?
delton fms Wrote:henry co has a good team but i think the game between farnsley and them would have been a different game with farnsleys 3 starters playing in this game!!!!

A little sour grapes.
We were told that everyone from Farnsley played. Henry Co had 2 starting linemen out.

Is this playoff like a Pop Warner or Middle School, since there are teams made up without a school affilation.
Old Henry Man Wrote:A little sour grapes.
We were told that everyone from Farnsley played. Henry Co had 2 starting linemen out.

Is this playoff like a Pop Warner or Middle School, since there are teams made up without a school affilation.

It's all about feeder schools Old Henry Man. There are several schools around the state that do the same thing. The enrollments are so small in each of these k-8 catholic feeders that you could probably take 5 of them (probalbly more) and not have the students that Henry Co. has. I see it as a parish (church) first with a school for those kids in that parish to get an education. But your asking the same old questions that we always get asked every 4 or 5 years or so, even tho there are other schools in the state that have similar conditions. If Lex Cath was an awful, weak team year in and year out nobody would ever say a word about it.Confusedhh:
No problem here. We were not allow to play teams from Louisville the last few years, because they did not were not a middle school. Our AD said it was because Insurance.
I believe that all of your players attend a Catholic Middle school.
Old Henry Man Wrote:No problem here. We were not allow to play teams from Louisville the last few years, because they did not were not a middle school. Our AD said it was because Insurance.

Sorry. I have answered that question so many times in my life that I always think everyone is pointing it at us. So sorry and I still haven't heard why its either Henry Co. or LCA? in playoffs? Henry co. is unbeaten..........
knighted Wrote:It's all about feeder schools Old Henry Man. There are several schools around the state that do the same thing. The enrollments are so small in each of these k-8 catholic feeders that you could probably take 5 of them (probalbly more) and not have the students that Henry Co. has. I see it as a parish (church) first with a school for those kids in that parish to get an education. But your asking the same old questions that we always get asked every 4 or 5 years or so, even tho there are other schools in the state that have similar conditions. If Lex Cath was an awful, weak team year in and year out nobody would ever say a word about it.Confusedhh:

There are a few key differences though between Lex Cath (Cov Cath is similar) and schools like Bell Co that do not have a true middle school.

1) Where the students come from: With Bell and such it is very clear to the public where the students come from. The public in general does not know where exactly the players come from for Lex Cath. Is it only from certain schools? Can a kid play that is not enrolled in a Catholic Elem school?

2) Enrollment numbers: You go online and anyone can find the enrollment numbers for any public school even for areas where multiple schools are put together to form one team. The rule was private schools would play at D1 unless the school provided the enrollment numbers required. Now for Lex Cath all of the Catholic Elem schools could of provided those numbers. I do not know if the numbers are from only the schools that players come from, all potential schools that players could come from or what.

3) Lex Cath this year. The first 2 years Lex Cath played as a D1 school. In information put out with the teams Lex Cath was listed as a D1. Now they are a D2. Everyone else was set at the beginning of the year. I am not sure why it was this late in the game to findout what D they were.

Now the above is not sour grapes or anything. Lex Cath has a very good team this year. Other years they are just good. There is just is a lot of things about Lex Cath that people do not fully know, understand or verify like one can with public schools. The timing of finding out which division they are is a little off. Lets also face th efact there is always going to be that public vs private
Amen Barrel. I agree with you 100%. I can only assume that we turned our enrollment in this year and it must of been in the D2 bracket. I do know we had to go thru a few channels to even get it so that may of been why it seemed late. The fact that Lex Cath has been D1 the past 2 years shouldn't be any surprise since most teams that are d2 this year were also D1 the past 2 years. Again I (we) would of preferred to go D1.
You could always play up! Going to 3 divisions does change things a bit. Having you guys in D2 changes the 3rd region a good deal. With you guys in it the 3rd region might of been the 2nd toughest region. The region with the eastern KY teams being the toughest one. Good luck in the playoffs.
barrel Wrote:You could always play up! Going to 3 divisions does change things a bit. Having you guys in D2 changes the 3rd region a good deal. With you guys in it the 3rd region might of been the 2nd toughest region. The region with the eastern KY teams being the toughest one. Good luck in the playoffs.
Some of the coaches and myself were under the impression that we were trying to play up. I was told that Bill Letton himself called in our behalf to try and play us up. Alas! You can't always believe everything you hear.
Old Henry Man Wrote:No problem here. We were not allow to play teams from Louisville the last few years, because they did not were not a middle school. Our AD said it was because Insurance.

The BOTTOM line Old Henry Man....Lex Catholic middle school players ALL attends catholic schools thoughout the lexington area and surrounding counties. They all feed ( feeder ) to Lexington Cath High School. Now if that student(s) or parents decides to play in a public school after attending these catholic school, so be it. They don't have to attend the high school. Hope that clears it up....:thanks: