District 2 - Bethlehem, Caverna, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day
District 3 - Bracken County, Eminence, Frankfort, Paris
District 4 - Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow
District 5 - Berea, Campbellsville, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg
District 6 - Harlan, Hazard, Jenkins, Pineville
District 7 - Fairview, Nicholas County, Paintsville, Raceland
District 8 - Allen Central, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd
[/SIZE]
Mayfield loses its annual cakewalk in the district.
Pikeville gets a alignment in District 8. They should continue to have a cakewalk there
Hazard will have its annual cakewalk also.
So does Paintsville send the KHSAA their gas bill until they get put into District 8? Big Grin
Tica Wrote:Mayfield loses its annual cakewalk in the district.

I'd say no different than now, Russellville has not been any better than Crittenden lately and they have not been on Mayfield's level in years. To me I would call it just a change in scenery for the Big Red Machine
It look like they done this so all the 1A schools can make the playoffs. In 1A they need to go back to the old ways. The top 2 teams in each district only make the playoffs.
cj2561 Wrote:It look like they done this so all the 1A schools can make the playoffs. In 1A they need to go back to the old ways. The top 2 teams in each district only make the playoffs.

This should be the case in all classes. Four teams per district is too watered down.
Pikeville just called... They said thanks
WildDawg Wrote:Pikeville just called... They said thanks

Just when you thought their district couldn't get any easier, they take out the only team to beat them in the last... well ever (Paintsville).
Draft alignment story with Commissioner Tackett Quotes.

Alignment Story
That was me that called. LOL!
Nice set up for Raceland. Not a lot of travel, regional finals are possible every year. I am happy to see Paintsville back in the same district also.
Lol, yea really.

BlackcatAlum Wrote:Just when you thought their district couldn't get any easier, they take out the only team to beat them in the last... well ever (Paintsville).
Actually, Paintsville beat Pikeville in 2001, and they have played some darn good games over the years as well, quite a few that Paintsville should have won. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, don't matter, Pikeville won em.

As for the alignment, we got a tough road ahead of us, being moved into the district with Fairview and Raceland who are both pretty darn good, not sure what Nicholas County has.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:Lol, yea really.

Actually, Paintsville beat Pikeville in 2001, and they have played some darn good games over the years as well, quite a few that Paintsville should have won. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, don't matter, Pikeville won em.

As for the alignment, we got a tough road ahead of us, being moved into the district with Fairview and Raceland who are both pretty darn good, not sure what Nicholas County has.

Nicholas is usually not very good. In the current format they finish fourth in the district every year.
I hate this. Move it back to 4 classes!! This is no fun at all. The only positive is the Betsy Layne game is gone and we can add 2 more non-district games. I believe one will be Raceland, not sure about the other.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Just when you thought their district couldn't get any easier, they take out the only team to beat them in the last... well ever (Paintsville).
South Floyd beat the Royce Mayo led Panthers in 1997. :igiveup:
Quote:Actually, Paintsville beat Pikeville in 2001, and they have played some darn good games over the years as well, quite a few that Paintsville should have won. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, don't matter, Pikeville won em.
I am really going to hate not having this game every year. They were usually very competitive and entertaining.

Dear KHSAA,

You Suck.

Sincerely,

The State of Kentucky.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I hate this. Move it back to 4 classes!! This is no fun at all. The only positive is the Betsy Layne game is gone and we can add 2 more non-district games. I believe one will be Raceland, not sure about the other.
South Floyd beat the Royce Mayo led Panthers in 1997. :igiveup:
I am really going to hate not having this game every year. They were usually very competitive and entertaining.

Dear KHSAA,

You Suck.

Sincerely,

The State of Kentucky.

I hope this is true. This would be a good game
Paintsville might have to hit the road for some playoff games from now on. But it looks like they will get paired with district 8 in the playoffs so it wont be all new.
d2hoopsfan Wrote:So does Paintsville send the KHSAA their gas bill until they get put into District 8? Big Grin

Honestly...I would rather make these trips than make trips to Phepls and South Floyd!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Honestly...I would rather make these trips than make trips to Phepls and South Floyd!

Exactly. Phelps is the worst road trip you will ever take.
nky Wrote:2011-14 KHSAA DRAFT FOOTBALL ALIGNMENT
CLASS 1A
[SIZE=2]District 1 - Fulton City, Fulton County, Mayfield, Russellville
District 2 - Bethlehem, Caverna, Holy Cross (Louisville), Kentucky Country Day
District 3 - Bracken County, Eminence, Frankfort, Paris
District 4 - Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow
District 5 - Berea, Campbellsville, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg
District 6 - Harlan, Hazard, Jenkins, Pineville
District 7 - Fairview, Nicholas County, Paintsville, Raceland
District 8 - Allen Central, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd
[/SIZE]

Boy o' boy did Nicholas Co. and Paintsville get a good colonoscopy here...long time district and regional foes bordering the counties and didn't get put in either district. Have you ever driven from Carlisle to Paintsville? There is no good way to get there period.
Carlisle to Paris = 20 minutes.
Carlisle to Brooksville (Bracken Co.) = 45 minutes (maybe).
Carlisle to Paintsville = 2 hrs. 30 minutes.

Paintsville is within an hour and change of the entire 8th district (less than an hour for 3 of the 4). But instead gets Fairview (A good hour away) as it's closest district foe. Add another 20+ minutes for Raceland. Charter a fleet of helicopter for the Nicholas Co. trip. (No where to land a plane in Carlisle)
Pikeville needs a more competetive district, not an easier one. This does suck!!