Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rockcastle vs. Bell rivalry
As Bell County moves down to 3A and Rockcastle County stays in 4A, in all likelyhood the two will cease to play annually.

Will they continue to play in non-district games? Who knows?

It doesn't make sense for Rockcastle to add a team that powerful to their non-district schedule when they are going to be reaching for a winning record every year.

What memories from this great series do you have? What will you miss most? Will you miss it? Where does this series rank in the greatest series in mountains history? Was there a better mountain rivalry in the 2000's?

Any thoughts or comments?

What happens to Rockcastle in the new 4A? What happens to Bell County in the new 3A?

Will Rockcastle challenge the newly rumored district? (Rock, Knox Central, Perry Central.....)

Who will Bell County be matched up with?
I do know for sure Corbin will be in Bell Co's new District in 3A... Cant wait for this game next year!!!

Bell Co should and will win Region each year in 3A fairly easy...
i really dont see bell and rock playing each other. back in the early 90's they were not in each others district and didnt play each other.
johnnyt Wrote:i really dont see bell and rock playing each other. back in the early 90's they were not in each others district and didnt play each other.

That was my line of thinking as well. They are not exactly next door neighbors, lol.
Corbin will become Bells rival. Rockcastle and knox will pick up some heat and maybe become a rivalry. but these would never fill the shoes of the Rock/Bell rivalry.
Rocks district is in the air because watch and see if perry and letcher will be in 5a. That leaves rock knox and clay. Some one else has to be in it.

Rock and Bell did play twice in the 90s. 1990 and 1999.
3wishes Wrote:Rocks district is in the air because watch and see if perry and letcher will be in 5a. That leaves rock knox and clay. Some one else has to be in it.

Rock and Bell did play twice in the 90s. 1990 and 1999.

1999 was a district game.

LCC will not be allowed to move to 5A that has already been decided. PCC was close to the edge so a move by another school may get them bumped up.

They will not continue to play IMO. Coach Parkey is going to be feeling some heat and a annual L to Bell is not going to help him any.

I wish the Rock program all the luck in the world in 4A. I heard it would be Rock, Knox, Clay and LCC.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:1999 was a district game.

LCC will not be allowed to move to 5A that has already been decided. PCC was close to the edge so a move by another school may get them bumped up.

They will not continue to play IMO. Coach Parkey is going to be feeling some heat and a annual L to Bell is not going to help him any.

I wish the Rock program all the luck in the world in 4A. I heard it would be Rock, Knox, Clay and LCC.

1990 was a district game also, not sure what you meant.

Who already decided LCC would not move to 5A? Is it in print somewhere?

I don't think it will be a 4 team district, someone else will be shuffled and moved IMO.
Rock will never play Bell again unless it is dist.
It was my understanding that Harlan was moving down to 4a so it would be KNOX, rock, harlan, clay, and LCC
Nishiki Wrote:It was my understanding that Harlan was moving down to 4a so it would be KNOX, rock, harlan, clay, and LCC

No Harlan Co. is middle of the pack in 5A. I would think they will be with PCC, Whitley, and possibly 1 of the Laurel Co. schools?

I would think 3wishes would know the situation with both NL and Harlan Co. he is close to both programs.
You can't move down. Harlan County will be in 5A and will be happy to be there.
William Muney Wrote:No Harlan Co. is middle of the pack in 5A. I would think they will be with PCC, Whitley, and possibly 1 of the Laurel Co. schools?

I would think 3wishes would know the situation with both NL and Harlan Co. he is close to both programs.

I don't know anything more than anyone else on classification but I do know that both Laurel County schools and Harlan County will be in 5A next season for sure. Howthey district them is another thing.
3wishes Wrote:I don't know anything more than anyone else on classification but I do know that both Laurel County schools and Harlan County will be in 5A next season for sure. Howthey district them is another thing.

I would say Whitley, Harlan, North Laurel, Letcher, and Perry will be in the same district, and then i believe pulaski, south laurel, southwestern, and licoln or mercer, whichever school doesnt leave 5a will be the other 5a district in SE ky.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:LCC will not be allowed to move to 5A that has already been decided.
LCC will be 5A when the alignment is released tomorrow, just wait and see.