Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Carter at Russell 9/24
I think this may be a toss up. Russell will have to contain a very shifty and quick comet quarterback or things could get uncomfortable for the Evils.
Russell will have there hands full this Friday night. The Comets would love to come into the HANK and upset the Devils. This could be the year. Don't think they will but it will be a fight. If you remember last year they had a few chances and blew it. Russell just needs to get back on track and heal up the wounds from the losses. These kids can play and play as a "TEAM"
I'm not sure if either team will be able to stop the other. Cline and Bond will pose a major problem for the Russell defense.

Yes believe it or not Russell's offense is a little more diverse this year.
WC in a tight one.
Can't wait to see the Evils in the spread. That will be strange.
Russell big.
42 to 14
Russell by 4 TDs
Should be a great game Russell 28- West-21
I want to see Russell throw it 40 times!!!
I thought Russell ran the wing-T? Is this true or did they change their offense.
ManofGOD Wrote:I thought Russell ran the wing-T? Is this true or did they change their offense.

They are still a predominantly a wing-t team. They apparently have added a small spread package to the arsenal.
A good point to remember is that a ROYAL FLUSH beats a small spread anyday of the week.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I want to see Russell throw it 40 times!!!

You might see 20. Depends on how effective West is at stopping the run.
Russell
If Russell comes out with the intensity and desire that they did against Ironton they should not have too much of a problem, BUT if they play like they did against Ashland and some of the Boyd Co. game then West will make it a LONG night for the DEVILS. With that said I believe it will be a close game but the DEVILS will prevail by 2 TD's.
DEVIL89 Wrote:If Russell comes out with the intensity and desire that they did against Ironton they should not have too much of a problem, BUT if they play like they did against Ashland and some of the Boyd Co. game then West will make it a LONG night for the DEVILS. With that said I believe it will be a close game but the DEVILS will prevail by 2 TD's.
This a good West Carter team, the Devils have been beat by good teams, Ashland and Greenup County, and beat East Carter and Boyd County, which any tean can get a win there, but the Devils are not that good this year, there line is weak, and if you shut down the tightend and stop the qb. from running the football effectively, then their beat, and if they get behind they quit and their offense is not a come from behind offense, good luck WC, hope you win, to get the monkey off your back. :thatsfunn:thatsfunn
old warrior Wrote:This a good West Carter team, the Devils have been beat by good teams, Ashland and Greenup County, and beat East Carter and Boyd County, which any tean can get a win there, but the Devils are not that good this year, there line is weak, and if you shut down the tightend and stop the qb. from running the football effectively, then their beat, and if they get behind they quit and their offense is not a come from behind offense, good luck WC, hope you win, to get the monkey off your back. :thatsfunn:thatsfunn

Would that be the same weak line that held your team to the lowest offensive output this year. Holding the GC running game to 160 yards and on offense driving inside of the 30 yardline 6 times?

Good luck to Coal Grove as well.
Russell big
Russell
old warrior Wrote:This a good West Carter team, the Devils have been beat by good teams, Ashland and Greenup County, and beat East Carter and Boyd County, which any tean can get a win there, but the Devils are not that good this year, there line is weak, and if you shut down the tightend and stop the qb. from running the football effectively, then their beat, and if they get behind they quit and their offense is not a come from behind offense, good luck WC, hope you win, to get the monkey off your back. :thatsfunn:thatsfunn

Sort of like Greenup getting the monkey off their back after 10 years??? Confusedhh: