Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 41 Estill Co. 9
Final

Congrats Jumpers!
Congrats Jumpers
Jumpers take care of business tonight.
Gratz Jumpers

Estill keep Your Heads Up. Still Alot Of Football To Get This Thing Turned Around!
Great GAME Jumpers!! Pretty much how I expected this one to turn out. Congrats!!

Good Luck to the Neers with the rest of their season!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Jumpers keep on rolling.I hope they can keep it up!
Good all-around game for the Briar Jumpers tonight. Somerset had too many penalties but other than that they were very efficient. I think the varsity offense scored on all but 2 of its drives and did not turn the ball over. Against a ball control team like Estill that is key. Their offense can be brutally effective if they get a lead but it is hard to come back if they get behind. The game was over for all intents and purposes when the Engineers went down 3 scored right before halftime. Estill's kids ran the ball hard and didn't quit but they just didn't have the speed to match up with the Briar Jumpers defense who took away the outside pretty much all night. Congrats Jumpers and good luck Engineers the rest of the regular season.
I am very impressed with this Somerset team. I did not pick them over Danville, but they have proved to be the class of the state
Congrats Jumpers.
Estill can be a very dangerous team, they play fundementally sound D and their run game is effecient. I would like their chances against most teams they play in a low scoring game.

Good Luck Engineers the rest of the way and unless something really screwy happens to one of us see you in about 8 or 9 weeks.
I believe Somerset wants a ring.
Congrats Somerset
Estill played a decent first half. Somerset got the ball at the half and Estills D made them punt and Estill was moving the ball down 20 to 3 when they fumbled. Somerset then scored one 2 straight drives and never looked back
jumpshooter Wrote:Estill played a decent first half. Somerset got the ball at the half and Estills D made them punt and Estill was moving the ball down 20 to 3 when they fumbled. Somerset then scored one 2 straight drives and never looked back

Estill's offense did a pretty nice job on their 2 scoring drives. Both lasted over 7 minutes. Their defense just couldn't do anything with the Somerset offense. The Briar Jumpers scored on all but 2 possessions with their varsity offense in, and most were quick strikes.