Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 28 Logan, WV 20
Thoughts?
Logan was alot better then I thought, but the commodores fought back & got the win, congrats dores!
wow didnt think this game would be that close..
Logan's line was pretty weak, but there WRs were pretty darn good..glad Perry has the fight in them to win in late game situations
Congrats Perry County
WV football isn't as good as KY overall, but it's a mistake underestimating Logan. They're well-coached and play good fundamental football.

It's a good win for the Commodores.
Great comeback. Pray and Darryl both awesome as usual. I was really impressed with Huff though. He ran the ball well, particularly well on 3rd and long. He also made good decisions and throws, best I've seen him play this year. A LOT of penalties on both sides, Perry just about beat themselves.
I heard it was a good comeback from the Commodores. How did the #9 do for Logan?
Congrats to Kyle Huff and PCC.Keep it up.
MVP2 Wrote:I heard it was a good comeback from the Commodores. How did the #9 do for Logan?

He done well, he made PCC's defenders miss every time he touched the ball, most explosive athlete PCC has seen this year BY FAR. He was a home run threat every time he touched the ball. I heard a rumor that Logan's basketball coach allowed his players to play and they brought a lot in the way of speed and athleticism to to their team. Totally different team than the one PCC blew out last season.
oneijoe Wrote:WV football isn't as good as KY overall, but it's a mistake underestimating Logan. They're well-coached and play good fundamental football.

It's a good win for the Commodores.

How do you come up with this crap? Do you watch a lot of WV football? I have seen a lot of KY and WV football. WV is a football state. KY is a basketball state. That's just the way it is.
blitz43 Wrote:How do you come up with this crap? Do you watch a lot of WV football? I have seen a lot of KY and WV football. WV is a football state. KY is a basketball state. That's just the way it is.

Give me some KY football anyday
MVP2 Wrote:I heard it was a good comeback from the Commodores. How did the #9 do for Logan?

Great athlete..I heard texas tech was lookin at him..
blitz43 Wrote:How do you come up with this crap? Do you watch a lot of WV football? I have seen a lot of KY and WV football. WV is a football state. KY is a basketball state. That's just the way it is.

You're right, KY football -AND- basketball is better. I've heard some big schools north of Charleston play some mean soccer, though... Confusedhh::biggrin:
Logan (W.Va.) 6 14 0 0 20
Perry Co. Central 6 0 6 16 28
Scoring summary:
PCC--Bryan Rankin 3 run (kick failed); LWV--Jason Spurlock 10 pass from David Brown (kick failed); LWV--Nigel Wallace 21 pass from Brown (kick pass); LWV--Brandon Horn 26 pass from Brown (Joe Street run); PCC--Austin Pray 11 pass from Kyle Huff (kick failed); PCC--Darryl Beatty 17 pass from Huff (Pray pass from Huff); PCC--Beatty 67 pass from Huff (botched kick Jay White from Pray)
More details:

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0zstJD7Ev
Quote:How do you come up with this crap? Do you watch a lot of WV football? I have seen a lot of KY and WV football. WV is a football state. KY is a basketball state. That's just the way it is.

now, now... no need to get all jealous an act like a little ten year old. your both right. the way i see it WV is a better football state then KY ((AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL)). but at the high school level my friend, KY high school football blows WV out of the water. Nuff said.

KY's elite big schools (Trinity, St.X, Highlands, Bowling Green, Male) would defeat WV's elite big schools (Morgantown, South Charleston, Martinsburg, GW, Parkersburg) by at least 2-3 TD's and maybe even more.

Kentucky's Elite Middle Sized Schools (Bell County, Boyle County, Lou. Central, Lex Cath, Lone Oak, Belfry) would consistently dominate WV's (Bluefield, Wayne, etc)

The same can be said with the small schools with the exception of Wheeling Central Catholic... who is one of the best small schools in the country and is usually arguably the best overall team in WV.

Just to give an example based on this game: according to the Massey ratings Logan was the #21 overall team in the entire state of WV, Perry Central is ranked #68 in Kentucky. Quite the variation.

There was a thread on here asking why ohio football is so much better then KY, many of those same reasons can be applied to tell you why KY is stronger than WV.
Congrats Commodores!

Did PCC just underestimate Logan or was Logan better than expected?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
geauxtigers75 Wrote:He done well, he made PCC's defenders miss every time he touched the ball, most explosive athlete PCC has seen this year BY FAR. He was a home run threat every time he touched the ball. I heard a rumor that Logan's basketball coach allowed his players to play and they brought a lot in the way of speed and athleticism to to their team. Totally different team than the one PCC blew out last season.

king360 Wrote:Give me some KY football anyday

:thumpsup:
How many tackles did Matt get last night, I was very impressed at our scrimmage this year!
leecoukfan Wrote:Congrats Commodores!

Did PCC just underestimate Logan or was Logan better than expected?

Logan was 10x better than last year, and they had some great atheletes
I think Perry showed a lot of heart and there will to win tonite after the 4th and 3 stop and that great drive late in the 4th.
Looks like PCC escaped another.
blitz43;1045197[B Wrote:]How do you come up with this crap? [/B]Do you watch a lot of WV football? I have seen a lot of KY and WV football. WV is a football state. KY is a basketball state. That's just the way it is.

Because it's simply not.
The Dawg Wrote:How many tackles did Matt get last night, I was very impressed at our scrimmage this year!

Im not sure yet. Ill get some stats Monday probably. I heard his name with Kagen Robinson quiet a bit but not nearly as much as normal on solo tackles. Probably because of the spread passes to the outside.
Devin Turner was named defensive player of the game, and Kyle Huff the offensive.
Who would have thought it A new coach and new qb and Doers are 4-0 wow now thats gotta be good,kids have lots respect for Haddix as their coach and they love playing with Huff, Huff is growing up each game,less we remember he is a rookie(bench warmer for the bobcats) 4 games under his belt and won them all,bench no more for Huff PCC loves him ,and Haddix is still a cheerleader on side lines but he is HEAD Cheerleader and the fans loves his game 4-0,Go Doers beat LCC you can do it....
Congrats Justin.
Congrats to the Dores!
They showed a lot of composure when it looked like the game was slipping away.
#9 and #31 for Logan were absolute beasts.
PLEASE WORK ON THE PENALTIES, COMMODORES!!!
Also, Kyle Huff is coming along just fine.
He's going to be a fine QB if he keeps working.
Austin Pray is legit as well.
The Breathitt came was no fluke.
He is just about a guaranteed first down over the middle.

I will say this...
I've been to state championship basketball, Hazard vs PCC, PCC vs Breathitt, North Laurel vs South Laurel, Knott vs Perry(basketball).....
but I have never seen fans get as riled up as I saw the Logan fans do so in this one.
Aslan can vouch for me, it was pretty crazy.....
I'll leave it at that lol
Goldust!!!
Aslan Wrote:Goldust!!!

Goldust felt threatened!:eyeroll: