Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J'town replaces Collins in KOB
Tournament director Lloyd Gardner said Tuesday that Jeffersontown has been added to the field for the 2010 Canfield Development King of the Bluegrass boys' basketball tournament set for Dec. 17-22 at Fairdale High School.

J'town replaces Collins, which had been invited because of the possibility of talented sophomore Darryl Hicks transferring from Shelby County to the new Shelbyville school. But Hicks recently chose Trinity, and Collins was released from its KOB contract.

The addition of J'town strengthens the field, as the Chargers likely will be a top-five team in Kentucky in the preseason polls. The Chargers added two strong transfers during the off-season - 6-10 Zach Price (committed to the University of Louisville) and Tony Kimbro Jr. (former Manual star who moved back to Louisville after two seasons at Christ School in Arden, N.C.).

Other top seniors in the KOB field will be Bowling Green's Chane Behanan (U of L commitment) and Madison (Ala.) Bob Jones' Levi Randolph (Alabama commitment).

The current field for the 16-team KOB:

Kentucky teams

•Boone County
•Bowling Green
•Bullitt East
•Christian County
•Eastern
•Fairdale
•Iroquois
•Jeffersontown
•Male
•Pleasure Ridge Park
•Trinity
•Warren Central

Out-of-state teams

•Scottsdale (Ariz.) Chaparral
•Madison (Ala.) Bob Jones
•Pearl (Miss.)
•Sacramento (Calif.) Sheldon

http://khs.courier-journal.com/2010/09/j...html?GID=0
So, did Collins asked to be released from it's contract with KOB? If so, this goes a long way of what Coach Turley is telling these young men at Collins and what he thinks about them as a team now without Hicks. Don't be afraid of competition just because the best player in the state of Kentucky in his class did not want to play for you, just play the games with the kids that you have. This is called chicken ****, Turley knew he was not going to have Hicks at that school all summer long because Darryl had been playing with his AAU team and had not attended one open gym.
what about Knott Central? weren't they in it last year?
Strikeout King Wrote:what about Knott Central? weren't they in it last year?

Yes, they won 1 game against the host Fairdale. They lost to Shelby County by 10 and Seneca by 52.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Yes, they won 1 game against the host Fairdale. They lost to Shelby County by 10 and Seneca by 52.

i thought that you had to have a contract to play in this? if so shouldn't they be in it this year?
Strikeout King Wrote:i thought that you had to have a contract to play in this? if so shouldn't they be in it this year?

You have to be invited, and this is just year by year. Because they went last year, dosn't mean they would be invited back this year.
I heard that Collins wanted to be in the KOB but they were asked to drop out.
See, I had heard the opposite, that Collins had asked to be released from it's commitment and that Coach Gardner reluctantly let them because it was so late in trying to find a top quality opponent. Again, if Collins was asked to be released from that commitment, what is Coach Turley telling his kids that he does have playing for him? I think that's a fair question....