Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 48 Bath County 13
Final
No Suprise, Congrats P-Burg.
Was told JV played the 2nd half for Prestonsburg.
Similar to last years 49-3 score
What does P-Burg need to be a top ranked team in the STATE
Blue-set-hut Wrote:What does P-Burg need to be a top ranked team in the STATE

It's going to be hard to convince voters to give Prestonsburg a #1 ranking in their polls after the Breathitt County game.

But as a team, Prestonsburg needs to mature. They have a ton of players with potential, but they're young. I think the Breathitt game will wind up helping this team a lot.
I don't know...there seems to be something missing from this team. They tend to play alot like robots. Very little emotion or enthusiasm. Alot of this comes from only having 5 seniors, only 3 of which has played all 4 years. While the seniors are very good, none of them are the vocal, outspoken type of leaders this team would greatly benefit from.

There is potential there, for sure, but a vocal leader desperately needs to step up...
Congrats PBurg and John.
do they need backs, or limeman
cat86 Wrote:I don't know...there seems to be something missing from this team. They tend to play alot like robots. Very little emotion or enthusiasm. Alot of this comes from only having 5 seniors, only 3 of which has played all 4 years. While the seniors are very good, none of them are the vocal, outspoken type of leaders this team would greatly benefit from.

There is potential there, for sure, but a vocal leader desperately needs to step up...

You would expect that out of Alex Griffith.
COngrats P BURG
I agree. That's just not him at all, though. He is very much more the lead by example type. This team needs someone who doesn't care to jump a WR who misses a block on a sweep, or a lineman who misses a block.

They had that in spades last year with Burchett and McKinney, that is lacking this year...
congrats on the win p-burg.
cat86 Wrote:I agree. That's just not him at all, though. He is very much more the lead by example type. This team needs someone who doesn't care to jump a WR who misses a block on a sweep, or a lineman who misses a block.

They had that in spades last year with Burchett and McKinney, that is lacking this year...

Very true.
Congrats Blackcats. Nice win.
Congrats Blackcats.
cat86 Wrote:I don't know...there seems to be something missing from this team. They tend to play alot like robots. Very little emotion or enthusiasm. Alot of this comes from only having 5 seniors, only 3 of which has played all 4 years. While the seniors are very good, none of them are the vocal, outspoken type of leaders this team would greatly benefit from.

If Crisp continues playing like he is, gaining confidence in what he's doing, HE needs to be the one to take this role on offense. More than "executing as designed", the QB must make this offense his own.

On defense, it seems everyone is playing a 1-on-1 game against who lines up across from them. Last week at Breathitt Co., the front payed more attention to standing up his blocker than getting to the ball. While the tackling was poor that game, there were FAR too many times in which only ONE tackler had the shot at stopping the play for negative yardage. Everyone away from the ball at the time seemed to become spectators.

No way to tell if things were better this game because Bath Co. is down. We'll need to see how P-burg does vs. Sheldon Clark. If the Blackcat defense doesn't play well against the Cards, they'll be on the field all night long.
Nice observations...
Congrats... Blackcats ....
Congrats to P-burg.
This was expected. Congrats Blackcats!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:This was expected. Congrats Blackcats!

I agree but its still a nice win and some playing time for there jv.
Grats to Pburg