Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity 22 Elder, OH 20
final
Sweet
Congrats to the Rocks. I missed this one. It should make the Bluebirds feel good
Cincinnati Elder 0 7 6 7 20
Trinity 7 3 6 6 22
Scoring summary:
T--Wright 17 run (Crenshaw kick); T--Crenshaw 37 field goal; CE--Vorherr 9 pass from Gramke (Williams kick); T--Kopp 34 pass from Wright (kick failed); CE--Mazza 7 pass from gramke (kick failed); CE--Coffaro 29 pass from Gramke (kick); T--Steffey 2 pass from Wright (no attempt).
Records: Trinity 3-0, Cincinnati Elder 1-2.
More details: Travis Wright̢۪s 2-yard touchdown pass to Ryan Steffey on the last play of the game won it for host Trinity (3-0). The score capped a 13-play, 64-yard drive in the final 3:23 after Elder had taken a 20-16 lead.
Wright was 29-for-35 passing for 222 yards and two touchdowns. He also ran 17 yards for Trinity̢۪s first score.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0zDyCiFi2
Trinity is our commonwealth's #1 team this year.
^ and a faceoff with Cincinnati's best, St. X next week at T will be a nice ticket to get
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...309100129/

Elder couldn’t hold onto its only lead of the game for very long. The Panthers’ 20-16 lead with 3:33 left in the game wasn’t enough.

The Panthers’ 20-16 lead with 3:33 left in the game wasn’t enough. Trinity drove 64 yards and quarterback Travis Wright connected with Ryan Steffey as time expired for the winning score

Trinity had a balanced attack offensively with Wright through the air going 28-for-34 for 225 yards and two touchdowns. Running back Derek Bishop had 17 carries for 102 yards.

Elder junior quarterback Ben Gramke played well going 22-for-30 for 215 yards and three touchdowns. Junior wide receiver Jeff Vorherr had six catches for 96 yards and a score.

Elder did not commit a penalty in the game.

The Panthers will face Indianapolis Bishop Chatard on Friday at home.
Sounds like one heck of a game. Not sure I would have been able to watch the last seconds. I'm one of those that wants to see but doesn't want to see when it is crunch time. Nerves.

I was thinking of a tense Highlands playoff game a few years back that came down to the last seconds. Everyone came back to our house and drank every bit of bourbon/alcohol in the house. And if you know me, there is always plenty of bourbon in my house. Beer wasn't going to cut it after that tense game. Here's hoping that the Kentucky bourbon industry had a good night in the Ville.:biggrin:

Congrats Rocks
tradition Wrote:Sounds like one heck of a game. Not sure I would have been able to watch the last seconds. I'm one of those that wants to see but doesn't want to see when it is crunch time. Nerves.

I was thinking of a tense Highlands playoff game a few years back that came down to the last seconds. Everyone came back to our house and drank every bit of bourbon/alcohol in the house. And if you know me, there is always plenty of bourbon in my house. Beer wasn't going to cut it after that tense game. Here's hoping that the Kentucky bourbon industry had a good night in the Ville.:biggrin:

Congrats Rocks

Even more so, hopefully a few prayers of thanks were said....:worthy:
Always good for the Commonwealth teams to get the wins!
Isnt Elder Ohio best team
cavery59 Wrote:Isnt Elder Ohio best team

No. Colerain & St. X are better teams. Glenville (sic) is the #1 ranked team in the state for D1.