Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. 49 - Whitley Co 6
Final
Bell Co's offense this year is amazing! Varsity only scored 1 more after halftime. The JV played with 9 min to go in the 3rd till the end.

Starting to wonder why Dudley doesnt want any shutouts this season. This game and Madison Central both should had been.
Left at halftime to go to the Middlesboro game and the score was 35-0 I really thought Whitley County was better than this. Cory Davenport had 3 TD's 2 rushing (48 and 50 yards) and 1 receiving.
Intimidator Wrote:Left at halftime to go to the Middlesboro game and the score was 35-0 I really thought Whitley County was better than this. Cory Davenport had 3 TD's 2 rushing (48 and 50 yards) and 1 receiving.

Whitley Co led against Lexington Cath this year too. I think Bell Co is just that good this year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Starting to wonder why Dudley doesnt want any shutouts this season. This game and Madison Central both should had been.
I guess a little thing called respect for the other team and having enough class to know when it's time to pull your starters and remember these are 15-18 year old KIDS.

Style points will not win Bell County a State Championship.
Intimidator Wrote:I guess a little thing called respect for the other team and having enough class to know when it's time to pull your starters and remember these are 15-18 year old KIDS.

Style points will not win Bell County a State Championship.

True and I understand that. 2008 State Champs had 8 shutouts that season.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:True and I understand that. 2008 State Champs had 8 shutouts that season.
In 2000 Rockcastle County only allowed 48 points (6 shutouts) and in 2001 15 points (7 shutouts) and they didn't win the State Championship In either season.
Another nice win for the Bobcats... Congrats.
when will Bell Co. play any good teams?
Bell looks to be the clear favorite in 4A.
October 1st.
rd11 Wrote:when will Bell Co. play any good teams?

You mean when will there be a team who can stop Bell Co's Offense this year?
Beatdown... congrats Bobcats!
Football1 Wrote:October 1st.

What about the JC game this coming Friday since they did beat KNOX?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:What about the JC game this coming Friday since they did beat KNOX?
That one counts too. But I'm not in the business of giving the enemy free press. One yard and we win that game. But we didn't and seeing how JC struggled against SC we might not have lost to the caliber team I thought we did.

The good news is nobody thinks Knox can play with Bell anyway. So whether you beat JC by 3 or 23 the poll for our game doesn't change - it will be 80-90 percent in favor of Bell. As it should be. And for now, Knox enjoys the underdog role. And while Bell is drubbing JC - we will have our hands full with Mboro.

Why does Bell not play Mboro?
Football1 Wrote:That one counts too. But I'm not in the business of giving the enemy free press. One yard and we win that game. But we didn't and seeing how JC struggled against SC we might not have lost to the caliber team I thought we did.

The good news is nobody thinks Knox can play with Bell anyway. So whether you beat JC by 3 or 23 the poll for our game doesn't change - it will be 80-90 percent in favor of Bell. As it should be. And for now, Knox enjoys the underdog role. And while Bell is drubbing JC - we will have our hands full with Mboro.

Why does Bell not play Mboro?

You guys will play us close till halftime but after that I think Bell will pull away. Never know its at KC. Bell Co had like 31 penalites in 2008 there with 10 offside penalities.

Roark started running from Bell Co just like Coach Jewell did at Corbin. Starting next year Bell Co and Middlesboro will play in week 1. First time since like 2005 or so.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:You guys will play us close till halftime but after that I think Bell will pull away. Never know its at KC. Bell Co had like 31 penalites in 2008 there with 10 offside penalities.

Roark started running from Bell Co just like Coach Jewell did at Corbin. Starting next year Bell Co and Middlesboro will play in week 1. First time since like 2005 or so.
The run away at halftime theory is an interesting one. And, it is Bell we are talking about here so - could be. But my biased eyes see a much different tale - we will save that one for another day.

The bottom line for me here is Bell has a great team that will be a 3 TD headache for JC.
Bell County once again looks like the best team Whitley will play this year.
They are much more better than Lex Cath and a heck of a lot faster. Whitley and Bell both are not flashy and do the same thing- run the football, Bell was just clearly a lot better at it once again this year.
Bell also did a great job at taking Whitley out of the game early again this year. Forced turnovers and turned them into points. Thats what a Championship team does.
Congrats Bell County on another great win and goodluck at state, because barring injuries or a miracle, you all should be there and bring another one back to Log Mountain.
Congrats Bell Co.
Great win for the Bobcats. Great job for the ceremony before the game honoring Coach Hilton by naming the field after him.
Whitley Co. 0 0 0 6 6
Bell Co. 14 21 14 0 49
Scoring summary:
BC--Davenport 14 fumble return (Hilton kick); BC--Hilton 4 run (Hilton kick); BC--Davenport 50 run (Hilton kick); BC--Davenport 30 run (Hilton kick); BC--Davenport 18 pass from Madon (Hilton kick); BC--Collett 48 run (Hilton kick); BC--Polly 2 run (Hilton kick); WC--Bramlett 1 run (kick failed).
Records: Bell Co. 3-0, Whitley Co. 1-2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0zDtBk1pi
Intimidator Wrote:In 2000 Rockcastle County only allowed 48 points (6 shutouts) and in 2001 15 points (7 shutouts) and they didn't win the State Championship In either season.

In 2008 the Bobcats was the ONLY undefeated team
Bell looks unbeatable frankly in their class at the moment. I know Boyle is good, but if you just look at the way Bell is dominating pretty good football teams, they have to get the nod as the favorite.
This is pretty much how I saw it happening! Congrats to the Bobcats!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Football1 Wrote:The run away at halftime theory is an interesting one. And, it is Bell we are talking about here so - could be. But my biased eyes see a much different tale - we will save that one for another day.

The bottom line for me here is Bell has a great team that will be a 3 TD headache for JC.

I think that's interesting too. I'll not boast my Bobcats anytime. To think KC will not bring their best game and give 4 quarters of fits to the Bobcats is a little out there. JC is the focus this week though.
I was at the game and enjoyed watching the bobcats wrap up a nice win.. And Congrats to Dudley Hilton on getting the field named after him well deserved!!
No surprise here
Good win for Bell County!
Just want to shout-out to Whitley Co. players and coaches they all took aknee on the goal and gave there attention to center field while they name d the filed after Coach. Great sportsmanship.
Cats02 Wrote:Just want to shout-out to Whitley Co. players and coaches they all took aknee on the goal and gave there attention to center field while they name d the filed after Coach. Great sportsmanship.

I talked to a few people on the inside with Whitley. This had been the plan all week. Whitley has a lot of respect for Dudley and most teams would have had there players in the back some where going over plays and schemes especially playing bell, but all of the Whitley players lined up across the endzone and took a knee in honor of coach hilton.