Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 14 Sheldon Clark 12
final
Sheldon Clark had a great game plan and dominated the stat sheet. Johnson Central came up with big defensive plays when they had to and eeked out a win. This was a much closer game than I expected and the Cards played well enough to win it. Sheldon Clark will definitely be a contender for the 3A title this season.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Sheldon Clark had a great game plan and dominated the stat sheet. Johnson Central came up with big defensive plays when they had to and eeked out a win. This was a much closer game than I expected and the Cards played well enough to win it. Sheldon Clark will definitely be a contender for the 3A title this season.

Was it turnovers
What a game. Sheldon Clark dominated the time of possession but loses. Nice hard fought win for Johnson Central.
SC controlled the ball all game long, they had an 8 minute drive in the 1st half and limited JC to 11 2nd half plays.
Stardust Wrote:Was it turnovers
No. Sheldon Clark just put together some very long, time consuming drives and JC just never got its offense going. JC stopped the Cards inside the one to end the first half and stopped them again on 4th and goal in the second half. A couple of big turnovers also hurt SC or they probably would have pulled out the win.
^ Thx.

Sounds like a very smart gameplan
Stats according to WSIP
SC 20 first downs to JC's 5
JC - 26 total plays for 146 yards SC - 63 total plays for 290 yards.
JC stats
5 first downs total & 1 in the 2nd half

Rushing
JJ Jude 39 y on 7 carries
JK Hall 67 y on 9 carries with 53 yards coming off of one run
WOW didnt expect only 14 pts.
Stardust Wrote:^ Thx.

Sounds like a very smart gameplan

If SC is the underdog they use the same exact gameplan...EVERY SINGLE YEAR HAHA

It works though...they have ulled some big upsets doing it.
Great showing for 3A by a very physical and talented Sheldon Clark team.
Just got home from the game.....

Johnson Central and Sheldon Clark came to play tonight, however.... the referee crew didn't show up. That crew shouldn't been refereeing a middle school game.

SC played well, better than I thought they would. JC didn't play like I know they can. But a win is a win. Both sides had good crowds, but SC's visitors side bleachers weren't too good... that should be on the list to buy.

Both teams will grow from this game.
cant wait until centra gets there revenge on sheldon clark. PAY BACK TIME
congrats to JC, thought they would win by more..
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No. Sheldon Clark just put together some very long, time consuming drives and JC just never got its offense going. JC stopped the Cards inside the one to end the first half and stopped them again on 4th and goal in the second half. A couple of big turnovers also hurt SC or they probably would have pulled out the win.

You should had visited the American Grill and had a bite to eat, On the house.
JC - you let me down. You were supposed to blow these guys out to at least make Bell think they might have to play their starters for 3 quarters. Still, its a W. Congrats.
WildDawg Wrote:JC stats
5 first downs total & 1 in the 2nd half

Rushing
JJ Jude 39 y on 7 carries
JK Hall 67 y on 9 carries with 53 yards coming off of one run

stats for sc? kp and avery? I know both had tds.
Fumble on the one yard line late in the first half killed the cards.. Hager pulled out the old faithful gameplan run run run and use the clock and just about pulled off a upset. congrats to JC on a very hard fought win..
If you hadn't seen the final score, but looked at the stat sheets, you would have thought SC won the game by a couple of TDs. But games aren't played on paper and JC escapes 'The Rock' with a big win.

Congrats Eagles!
Shawn Hager is one heck of a coach. I expected JC to win by 2 or 3 td's
Superman20 Wrote:Shawn Hager is one heck of a coach. I expected JC to win by 2 or 3 td's

He is!! :Thumbs: i heard SC fans screaming at him saying way to blow the game Hager when i was leaving the stadium and i was thinking to myself if it wasnt for that gameplan he had JC would have won going away.. JC didnt get a chance to score more than 14 points because they didnt have the ball long enough.
Never expected SC to stay within 3 TDs
Congrats Golden Eagles. Good effort from SC, I heard they had a lot of chances to score just couldnt convert.
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Golden Eagles. Good effort from SC, I heard they had a lot of chances to score just couldnt convert.

That's true.. The fumble on the 2 yard line in the few seconds of the second quarter was a big momentum killer. I was impressed with the number of fans out tonight as the place was packed.
CardinalAlum Wrote:That's true.. The fumble on the 2 yard line in the few seconds of the second quarter was a big momentum killer. I was impressed with the number of fans out tonight as the place was packed.

yes great crowd!! would attend every SC game no matter where it was if people came out like they did tonight,, and give props to JC fan base they brought alot of people also...
monster_energy Wrote:He is!! :Thumbs: i heard SC fans screaming at him saying way to blow the game Hager when i was leaving the stadium and i was thinking to myself if it wasnt for that gameplan he had JC would have won going away.. JC didnt get a chance to score more than 14 points because they didnt have the ball long enough.

Heard this to and all I could say is really.. some people just don't understand
SC is probably the best 1-3 team in the state
CardinalAlum Wrote:Heard this to and all I could say is really.. some people just don't understand

I mean some SC fans better watch what they say cause i know theres plenty of schools out there that would love to see coach hager and his crocs walking up and down there sideline wearing their colors.
beasy_bo Wrote:SC is probably the best 1-3 team in the state

oh yeah i totally agree... :rockon: