Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne beats Allen Central
Well well looks like the ladycats took down the rebels tonight. This is twice thay have beat them and for everyone who says AC was done an in justice during the all A well tonight they could have redeemed themselves but just couldn't pull it off. Congratulations to both teams to a game well playd. Everyone needs to give BL girls the credit that they deserve.
Congrats Ladycats!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congratulations betsy layne....in my opinion they are the #1 team this year .
With audri ray, kelly wagner and the taylor girl they are great. Cecelia ray is listed on max preps as one of the top 10 setters in the state. I'm pretty sure she is only a freshman. They also have a couple of other good players on their team but they will be team to beat this year.
Betsy Layne will be in for a rude awakening when they get to Richmond. The refs down there won't let the Ray girl and their other setters get away with the 2 handed sets like they do here.
I tell you that it must really mean SOMETHING to beat AC because they have been the talk of the town!! Go ahead and enjoy the "All A" You deserve it Smile I agree with u (floyd co) wait and see.
Rude awakening I beg to differ These girls are ready to play and if you are trying to imply that the refs let BL win then shame on you and everybody else who thinks that. I am so sick of hearing AC this and AC that. I think everyone has clearly seen who the better team is this year. AC just can't beleive that they have been beat twice by Bl but guess what you were. And for two handed sets how about all the carries that AC gets away with and the off the wall hits they do when they look like they are out their swatting flies. Get real people if BL was doing anything wrong the refs would call it and you know it. So suck it up people and get over it and give BL the credit they deserve.
OOOPS!!! once again someone is having a little AC with there morning coffee Smile
How can you say BL is the better team. If I recall they are 2-2 against each other so far (should be 3-1 in favor of AC but that besides the point). And don't forget that BL lost to both Johnson Cent and Letcher Cent. this year, both of which AC has beat.
Yea Yea cry all you want, and you can say what you want. We have fair ref's and they call it like they see it. You are just upset that AC is not the dominating team that everyone thinks they are. They have just gotten a little taste of what BL is gonna give them come tournament then you really ae gonna be crying in your cheerios LOL. Bl is a great team with a great coach and dedicated girls yea I give you it took BL a little while to pull it together but now they've got it and their bringing it. AC is a good team just not what they used to be and BL is better I don't care what anyone say's everyone has their own opinion. And when BL wins region this year AC fans are really gonna be crying. With AC according to you people they are always done an injustice and treated unfair and that the refs call bad games. When the truth is that the girls just can't step it up so now AC fans you can write back all the rude comments you want but the truth is the truth.
IT looks like AC is STILL what is on BL mind!!! WOW guess AC is the only team that BL cares about beating!!! And just for the record I didn't see anyone of the Rebels crying. So what u beat AC 2 times. Now go on with your lives!
Just like a typical BL fan, you only post when you win a few games. Where was the posting after losing twice to AC? Where was the posting after losing to JC? Where was the posting after losing to Letcher? Why wait till 9-7-10 to make one huh? Season's not over with with my friend so I'll save you a bowl of cheerios.
Go Rebels!!!!!!
i realize a lot of you may feel that all the hype about BL beating AC is unnecessary, but to BL that is a big deal because AC was ranked 25th in the state in preseason & they've beat them twice now. We're proud of our girls & hope they do great this weekend. Everyone in the region should be cheering them on in Richmond, and hope they represent our area well; not be talking bad about them and putting their players down.
GO LADYCATS! Good luck Saturday!
floyd_co Wrote:How can you say BL is the better team. If I recall they are 2-2 against each other so far (should be 3-1 in favor of AC but that besides the point). And don't forget that BL lost to both Johnson Cent and Letcher Cent. this year, both of which AC has beat.

I don't get how you can say that it should be 3-1 in favor of AC.. all four of the games have been close and have been fairly called games. refs aren't always gonna make the right call every single time, but they make bad calls both ways. Betsy Layne and Allen Central are both very good teams and they both represent this area very well.
Have played against BL this year at the BGSG and won. Did not seem to see many two handed sets during that match. But the reffing is a lot more strict at this tourney than at the BGSG. If it happens, they will call it. All the teams playing will have to bring their "A" game.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but as far as I can remember from the above posts, no one said the officials cheated. They said the officiating iin Richmond would be much different. AND, it will! Once you get outside of the 15th region/mountains, the officials call a lot more double hits and lifts. If a set has any side spin on it, the official will generally call a double hit. If a hit does not have a "pop" to it or a set gets below the chin, they will call a lift. Also, once you get up against the "triangle" teams (Lexington, Louisville, Northern KY), the speed of the game is much faster.

With that said, I think it's hillarious reading how upset and animated you guys get about these games in early September.
Agree with Imagine-if the ball spins off the set, they'll call the double. With the Triangle teams the game IS much faster. Most of them are club players and are playing all year round. More game experience equates to faster reaction times. You have to play a good game and minimize mistakes when playing most Lou/Lex/NKy teams or they will make you pay. If you don't show up to play you will lose, period.
floyd_co Wrote:How can you say BL is the better team. If I recall they are 2-2 against each other so far (should be 3-1 in favor of AC but that besides the point). And don't forget that BL lost to both Johnson Cent and Letcher Cent. this year, both of which AC has beat.

The statement that AC had beaten both Johnson Central and Letcher Central at the time you said it was false. AC hasn't played Johnson Central yet and until last night they hadn't beat Letcher.

Before the All A tourny BL played Letcher and JC and did lose. But since then they've made some changes and tweeked a few things. I think these two losses really woke them up and since BL seems to be on some what of a roll. They seem to be on the right track.

Everyones talking about the AC & BL game-- who won, who shouldve won, and who got cheated..it's in the past, get over it. The series is 2-2, with one more district game left and possibly some post season action. Some don't realize why it's so intense when these two play...their HUGE district rivals and their usually 2 of the best teams in the region, so it's always an intense hard-fought battle by both.

BL leaves to go to Richmond today, and I really hope they prove some people wrong down there. Play your hardest and most importantly show up ready to play. A lot of ppl don't expect you to win much, prove them wrong. You deserve it.
As a matter of fact, some would say that if we (AC) don't win then We (AC) would rather see BL go Smile but when people like Bobcat fan runs there mouth then it gets things going that should have never been started in the first place!!!!! If you can't support all these girls with something positive then don't say anything!!!! Best of luck BL represent Floyd co at state Smile and I am an AC fan. We represented floyd co well last year and u can do it too!
The only reason I said anything at all was because of FLOYD COUNTY running his mouth in another thread. I respect all the teams in the 15th and all the coaches and I wish all the teams the best. It just makes me sick when BL does not get the credit that they deserve. BL has worked hard and pulled it together and everyone should be wishing them good luck in Richmond. Instead their saying BL will get a rude awakening well if they do it will be a lesson learned and they will deal with it. Good Luck girls in Richmond represent the 15th well you can do it.
Good luck BL. You will have a good time Smile It is a good experience to get to go Smile Good luck from a Rebel fan!
BL is very overrated.
this region has no talent and just because they beat teams THAT USE to be good means nothing...
Runningbeck 81 you need to just shut your mouth. Obvisouly you have no clue as to what you are talking about. Just on here running your mouth.
well this forum is for my opinion, i will not shutup because what i say is what i feel is true, if BL is so good why didnt they bring home a title? perhapes a runner up? not even a final four?.......oh well:Clap:
The 15th region is very talented with Betsy Layne being one of the most talented teams in eastern ky. Obviously runningbeck81 doesn't watch or know much about 15th region volleyball. The 15th region is the best region in eastern ky and can compete with many teams from central and western ky.
lovethatvolley Wrote:The 15th region is very talented with Betsy Layne being one of the most talented teams in eastern ky. Obviously runningbeck81 doesn't watch or know much about 15th region volleyball. The 15th region is the best region in eastern ky and can compete with many teams from central and western ky.
Agree with that statement from a 14th region fan!
well, if the 15th region is so good, and i have no idea what im talking about, then why didnt a 15th region bring home the All A? or anyother state championship? betsy layne returned pretty much all the starters and i wonder.... why couldnt they beat allen central last year?....
The 15th region is very talented and why didn't BL win the all A state tournament well that is a stupid question. BL went to Richmond and represented the 15th well and played very good games against very good schools and when they were beat it was a very close game BL made them work for it. As for why didn't BL beat AC last year they did beat them in regular season play just not in the region tournament play. If you are a sports fan you will know that anything can happen come tournament time. So runningbeck81 we don't need negativity you should support all schools in this area and if you can't go somewhere else and run your mouth.
ummm...im a student at BL.

im just stating what i think
bobcatfan8 Wrote:The 15th region is very talented and why didn't BL win the all A state tournament well that is a stupid question. BL went to Richmond and represented the 15th well and played very good games against very good schools and when they were beat it was a very close game BL made them work for it. As for why didn't BL beat AC last year they did beat them in regular season play just not in the region tournament play. If you are a sports fan you will know that anything can happen come tournament time. So runningbeck81 we don't need negativity you should support all schools in this area and if you can't go somewhere else and run your mouth.

Not only in the region, but dont forget the district, regular season, and twice in the all A.