Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best running back in the state??
WildDawg Wrote:I guess Hunter James lost a years experience? I already figured you out. You have nothing but bad things to say about Lawrence County. Knox Central on the other hand, not so much. I remember you saying something similar along the lines last year saying Knox Central was going to beat Lawrence County along with nearly every other Bell County fan. You guys beat Lawrence fair and square. Bell has a very good football program and returned basically their entire team. They're the team to beat this year. Just because Bell County has a great team this year doesn't mean you should bash the heck out of Lawrence County every chance you get.

My problem with LC is getting a bunch of credit for beating a bunch of nobody's. Until they beat someone GOOD I will keep doing this. Im a type of person who hates seeing certain teams get praises for beating nobody teams. Just like to see teams earn the RESPECT they should get. :Thumbs:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:My problem with LC is getting a bunch of credit for beating a bunch of nobody's. Until they beat someone GOOD I will keep doing this. Im a type of person who hates seeing certain teams get praises for beating nobody teams. Just like to see teams earn the RESPECT they should get. :Thumbs:
:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Corey Lyle and Brandon Marsh both have over 400 yrds already in the same backfield for Greenup Co. this season.
And that is against Ashland, Russell, ND(Oh).
WildDawg Wrote:I guess Hunter James lost a years experience? I already figured you out. You have nothing but bad things to say about Lawrence County. Knox Central on the other hand, not so much. I remember you saying something similar along the lines last year saying Knox Central was going to beat Lawrence County along with nearly every other Bell County fan. You guys beat Lawrence fair and square. Bell has a very good football program and returned basically their entire team. They're the team to beat this year. Just because Bell County has a great team this year doesn't mean you should bash the heck out of Lawrence County every chance you get.

Sorry but it's hard not to bash a team that couldn't lose fair & square...I recall a player being ******ed off the field for his behavior and then in return LC destoryed the locker room after the game.. When LC decides to grow up then will they earn some respect from Bell fans....
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:My problem with LC is getting a bunch of credit for beating a bunch of nobody's. Until they beat someone GOOD I will keep doing this. Im a type of person who hates seeing certain teams get praises for beating nobody teams. Just like to see teams earn the RESPECT they should get. :Thumbs:
SO would you consider all these teams Bell played last year all losers.
Aug 21, 09 Alcoa, TN at Bell/Middlesboro 14 - 42 (L) Click
Aug 29, 09 Marion County away 26 - 21 (W) Click
Sep 4, 09 Johnson Central away 36 - 6 (W) Click
Sep 11, 09 Whitley County away 34 - 7 (W) Click
Sep 18, 09 Open home
Sep 25, 09 Rockcastle County home 42 - 6 (W) Click (overtime)
Oct 2, 09 Knox Central home 34 - 6 (W) Click
Oct 9, 09 Soddy Daisy, TN home 49 - 6 (W) Click
Oct 16, 09 Madison Southern away 69 - 7 (W) Click
Oct 23, 09 McCreary Central away 63 - 0 (W) Click
Oct 30, 09 Harlan County home 41 - 14 (W) Click
Nov 6, 09 Greenup County home 44 - 0 (W) Click Class 4A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 13, 09 Rockcastle County home 48 - 0 (W) Click Class 4A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 20, 09 Lawrence County home 41 - 0 (W) Click Class 4A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 27, 09 Boyle County away 10 - 13 (L) no Class 4A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl

Based on these scores, Bell co. needs to move up to 5A . I mean seems like you guys have no competition at all based on these scores. Practice what you preach, and lay off LC
Aug 21, 09 Alcoa, TN at Bell/Middlesboro 14 - 42 (L)

Does anyone no where I could get a copy of game film, Id like to see it.
Cats02 Wrote:Sorry but it's hard not to bash a team that couldn't lose fair & square...I recall a player being ******ed off the field for his behavior and then in return LC destoryed the locker room after the game.. When LC decides to grow up then will they earn some respect from Bell fans....

:please: You guys were talking smack all last season too. Way before LC played Bell County. By the way, they did grow up. They're 1 year older than last season. Amazing isn't it?
I expected to see 09Dores say....
Brian Rankin - Nuff Said!!
shadow308 Wrote:SO would you consider all these teams Bell played last year all losers.
Aug 21, 09 Alcoa, TN at Bell/Middlesboro 14 - 42 (L) Click
Aug 29, 09 Marion County away 26 - 21 (W) Click
Sep 4, 09 Johnson Central away 36 - 6 (W) Click
Sep 11, 09 Whitley County away 34 - 7 (W) Click
Sep 18, 09 Open home
Sep 25, 09 Rockcastle County home 42 - 6 (W) Click (overtime)
Oct 2, 09 Knox Central home 34 - 6 (W) Click
Oct 9, 09 Soddy Daisy, TN home 49 - 6 (W) Click
Oct 16, 09 Madison Southern away 69 - 7 (W) Click
Oct 23, 09 McCreary Central away 63 - 0 (W) Click
Oct 30, 09 Harlan County home 41 - 14 (W) Click
Nov 6, 09 Greenup County home 44 - 0 (W) Click Class 4A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 13, 09 Rockcastle County home 48 - 0 (W) Click Class 4A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 20, 09 Lawrence County home 41 - 0 (W) Click Class 4A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 27, 09 Boyle County away 10 - 13 (L) no Class 4A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl

Based on these scores, Bell co. needs to move up to 5A . I mean seems like you guys have no competition at all based on these scores. Practice what you preach, and lay off LC

:Clap::Clap::Clap:
Cross from Rowan Co.

:worthy::Clap:
Bell County's Cory Davenport is one of the best running backs in the state. Clark Rowe from Rockcastle has to be up there to. if im not mistaking both are just jr.
Cameron Thomas for East Jessamine has 620 yards and 7 TD's and is averaging over 15 yards per carry.
Can anyone tell me when the KHSAA will start posting the statewide stats & leaders?:thanks:
Colin Spink of Reidland High School had these stats after two games:

34 carries, 328 yards, 4 TD's. Spink does not have much of a supporting cast.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Bell County's Cory Davenport is one of the best running backs in the state. Clark Rowe from Rockcastle has to be up there to. if im not mistaking both are just jr.

I was about to add Clark as well.

Someone mentioned earlier about having good games against good teams.

I seem to remember Clark having a 300+ yard and 4 TD game against a 5A State-Semi finals team. I am sure there are more in the past and more to come. He is just a Junior, and I don't even think he is 16 yet. Does anyone know his age?
I'm a huge LC fan. Luke Salmons is my hero. 0-10 to amazing records is like Superman leaping tall buidlings. But, their big dog RB is indeed amassing these great stats against teams that are not big time programs. Davenport is a proven entity against tough Defense and really would be a stat leader if he got more touches. He is not just fast - he is amazingly elusive.

For me, his competition is Jude. Obviously, he just helped beat us and Davenport may well do even more damage. The difference in those 2 may be strenght. Jude looks like a light weight UFC MMA champ with his shirt off. Ripped. He carried guys for yards when he was not outrunning them. Drug a few too. And plays defense like a madman. Yeah, I'm a fan.

So for now, I'd vote Jude. But can't really vote until after Oct 1.
Corey Lyle from GC has close to 800yrds in 4 games.
Travis Elliot from Ryle flat out dominates games and he's only a junior. He is a punishing runner between the tackles and he has plenty of breakaway speed. He's going to dominate 6A in Northern KY for the next 2 years.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:My point is how good can James do against a good Defense? Thats why I put his stats from last year against Bell. PACK was suppose to run over us last year and only got 60 yards against us and no TD's.

Now JJ Jude is a **** of a RB and he proved that against a good KC D this past Fri. Jude is my 2nd best RB behind Davenport in the mountains this year. :Thumbs:

James has put up good numbers before against good competition. He just hasn't had the opportunity yet this year because of the schedule. Last year against two of your mighty powerfull district teams he had 13 carries for 166 yards and 4 td's versus McCreary Central. Also against Knox he had 16 carries for 144 yards and 2 td's. Now against your Bobcats he was shutdown but everything was shutdown that night. My point is he's a very good back. James, Davenport, and Jude is my top 3 in no order.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Bell Co's Davenport would be one of the best in state if Dudley would let him touch it alot more and stay in games longer. His 4.43 40 time is hard to catch him on the outside.

4.43- 40 yd time? I've heard several different numbers on this kid. He is fast but I need to see him clocked somewhere legit before I'd start calling out numbers. I'm not saying he can't run that time, just would like to see it ran at a camp, combine, or visit to make it legit. Just keep hearing a bunch of different numbers and they keep getting quicker and quicker.

Its called being a A-hole! He cant rest in the fact that Bell has as good of a team than anybody in the state. He has to try and berate and belittle anything that is not Bell Co.
His (Davenport) 40 time is legit. I know he is just as fast as Chad Merida who won the Nike combine in Columbus a couple of years ago. Merida is on their site with a legit 4.4 and Davenport is just as fast as he is. Merida will play at UK next year. In basic training right now for National Guard. They run neck and neck at track events.
Davenport has run a personal best 11.44 in the 100 meter dash. To put that in perspective, Derrick Locke run a 10.6 100 meter dash. Locke runs a 4.21 40.
WildDawg Wrote:Davenport has run a personal best 11.44 in the 100 meter dash. To put that in perspective, Derrick Locke run a 10.6 100 meter dash. Locke runs a 4.21 40.

I seen the kid in person last year. Let me tell you he can friggin fly!
I gotta say J.J Jude is by far best in the Mountains. Now statewide I have no idea.
I have to say Dalton Lewis from East Ridge is the best around, especially after his performance against LC. :Thumbs:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Exactly, the same D for KC this year. 18 returning starters and all have 1 year experience under their belt. Just remember the name Jeffery Canady this year that was injured last year if you guys get to play them again.

Once again, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Canady played the KC-LC game last year. Nice player. LC still won.

But, hey, you never miss a stab-in-the-dark (even if dead off on the actual details) chance to discredit anyone or anything not from "Lawg Mountain."
dbcooper Wrote:Once again, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

But, hey, you never miss a stab-in-the-dark (even if dead off on the actual details) chance to discredit anyone or anything not from "Lawg Mountain."

Thanks
dbcooper Wrote:Once again, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

I dont discredit Johnson Central or Boyle Co. They have earned my respect with wins.