Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. @ Bell Co. (JV)
:devilflam
:please:
This game will not be as easy as the hazard game .but should be a great game.
when and what time
Bell will mostly play freshman. I dont look for polly, collett, or oslonian to play. Should be fun.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Bell will mostly play freshman. I dont look for polly, collett, or oslonian to play. Should be fun.

Mostly play 9th graders? Does Bell County not have enough JV kids on the team, are the numbers that bad. Harlan County will play some 9th graders as usaul also but they have a large amount of 10th and 11th graders that do not see varsity action.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Bell will mostly play freshman. I dont look for polly, collett, or oslonian to play. Should be fun.

As in you don't think Harlan stands a chance or that there are no sophomores

I say these 3 will play
Cats02 Wrote:when and what time

According to my schedule it is on Monday, 09/13/10 @ 6 p.m. at Harlan Co.

The Freshman game is on Thursday, 09/16 @ 6 p.m. at Bell.
It will be played at old bell high at 5:30.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:According to my schedule it is on Monday, 09/13/10 @ 6 p.m. at Harlan Co.

The Freshman game is on Thursday, 09/16 @ 6 p.m. at Bell.

I think there was a cancelation, Bell had an opening, and they decided to play Monday. The kids who get to play JV games look forward to these games and they gain lot's of experience that will help in the future. I bet that due to recent injuries, some who were playing JV will not be able to attend because they'll be practicing with the varsity. Should be a good game. Always fun to battle against Bell Co.
Hc prolly hsa more freshman than soph or juniors andmost of these frosh beat bell twice last year .:redboxer::Clap:
3wishes Wrote:Mostly play 9th graders? Does Bell County not have enough JV kids on the team, are the numbers that bad. Harlan County will play some 9th graders as usaul also but they have a large amount of 10th and 11th graders that do not see varsity action.

These 3 along with Burnett see ALOT of playing time for Varsity or even start. Why take a chance getting these players hurt when they mean more on varsity. ALOT of sophmores at Bell Co play big minutes for varsity. So Harlan will see alot of Bell freshman playing in this game.
Several of Harlan County's sophomores start (Brewer, Maggard) and several aren't playing due to injuries or leaving the team, so Harlan County has a lot of freshmen on JV.

What does ALOT mean?
so nobody really know when or where
i will let everone know for sure later
HC was suppose to play at Whitley but they cancelled so the game will be tomorrow at the old Bell field on 119 @ 530.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:These 3 along with Burnett see ALOT of playing time for Varsity or even start. Why take a chance getting these players hurt when they mean more on varsity. ALOT of sophmores at Bell Co play big minutes for varsity. So Harlan will see alot of Bell freshman playing in this game.

If they start on the varsity then I see no reason to play them either, unless they were young and inexperienced and needed some more action, however, that is is just 3 players you mentioned surely there are many more 10th and 11th graders to field a JV squad without loading up with a lot of 9th graders.
If Bell County as a lot of 10th graders getting some minutes in varsity then I'd surely hope they would play JV because if they are just getting a few minutes of playing time once a week, Bell County will surely have an unexperienced team in a few years. No reason an upperclassmen couldn't play if they just see a few snaps each Friday night.

Nothing against you but over the years I've seen Bell County fans have it both ways. Before the game starts they always throw the we play 9th graders card. Then if they win, they dominated with 9th graders, if they lose they lost to older kids.

Like I said nothing against you but this has been the attitude each year on these sites from Bell fans in freshmen and JV games.

Good Luck to both teams and hopefully it will be an injury free game, the Bears are hurting right now.
bigguy989 Wrote:HC was suppose to play at Whitley but they cancelled so the game will be tomorrow at the old Bell field on 119 @ 530.

its at Bell high on 25e @5:30
28 - 20 Bell over Harlan great crowd for a JV game
A very good game and played game by both sides, both teams have some good young speed and should represent the mountains good for years to come.
Hc stars like 8 frosh on jv and bell was lucky to win this game.fumble on the one and bad snap on punt cost hc the game .
Boo Boo bear Wrote:Hc stars like 8 frosh on jv and bell was lucky to win this game.fumble on the one and bad snap on punt cost hc the game .

Lucky? Not sure why you say that. Did Harlan Co. have the elusive 3 pt. Conversion play in reserve? Even without that safety Bell would have won 26-20 if my math is correct?

Sounds like a good game.
their is such thing as a feild goal. and if hc scores on the one that ties the game up the 2 point conversion puts hc up by 2. still proud of the bears **** right with bell and thats with there 3 so called studs .money ?wy you haten on the bears all the time ?:moon:
Boo Boo bear Wrote:their is such thing as a feild goal. and if hc scores on the one that ties the game up the 2 point conversion puts hc up by 2. still proud of the bears **** right with bell and thats with there 3 so called studs .money ?wy you haten on the bears all the time ?:moon:

Field goals are a rare occurance in HS football and I'd say Muney just thinks it is only a matter of time before Harlan gets figured out.
JV games aren't even taken seriously by the coaches.
well coach larkey takes every game serious maybe not were your from.and if it wasn,t serious why play kids that play alot of varsity?:please:
Boo Boo bear Wrote:well coach larkey takes every game serious maybe not were your from.and if it wasn,t serious why play kids that play alot of varsity?:please:

JV is strictly to see what you're getting out of younger kids before they suit up for the real games in my opinion.
Larkey might take it serious...
but does he even coach the JV team?
Most head coaches leave that to an assistant.
This is funny. I'll leave it at that.
Head Coaches don't get fired because they lose J.V. games. Playing time for young kids. Was this played at Log MTn. ?
Some people put too much stock in little league, middle school, freshman, and jv games. All that matters is what you do in a regular season varsity game.

You cant even judge on Gridorama's. Just because Clay played Bell close and Middlesboro was whipping Clay pretty good at one point doesnt mean Middlesboro would hang with Bell Co this year.