Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville 54 Pikeville 0
All Ads, All the Time. :Thumbs:
Maynard walked off with shoulder wrapped up and iced.
wow, I can't beleive Pikeville couldn't even score...

Congrats Danville!!!
TATE_64 Wrote:wow, I can't beleive Pikeville couldn't even score...

Congrats Danville!!!

From what I watched online, I was not impressed with Pikeville at all. It's not like Danville is some bigger class team with limitless resources. They are AA, just one step above and 1,000 times better. If Danville keeps this up I look for them to step up and be a team people will have to play well to defeat. :Thumbs:
It's a two horse race in 2A this season between Danville & Newport Catholic.
congrats to Danville
sounds like danville took away the panthers thunder!
Congrats to danville
Chin up Panthers. Learn from it and move on. Congrats to Danville.
Hatz Wrote:From what I watched online, I was not impressed with Pikeville at all. It's not like Danville is some bigger class team with limitless resources. They are AA, just one step above and 1,000 times better. If Danville keeps this up I look for them to step up and be a team people will have to play well to defeat. :Thumbs:

Yeah I know what class Danville is, and I know how good they are.... I was just surprised they blanked Pikeville..... I figured they would atleast score...
This is another Admirals team destined for a State Title run
http://www.amnews.com/stories/2010/09/04/spo.654347.sto

CORBIN — How good is the Danville defense? Good enough to make things awfully easy for its offense Saturday night.

The Admirals had the ball for just over eight of the game’s first 20 minutes, but that was long enough for them to put up 40 points en route to a 54-0 romp over Pikeville in the Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic at Campbell Field.

And it was the defense that made it happen. From containing Pikeville deep in its own territory to forcing turnovers, Danville’s defenders did everything but score the points themselves.

“I felt like our guys did a pretty good job of shutting down what they wanted to try to do to us,” Danville coach Sam Harp said. “I was really concerned going into this one tonight because I thought we were awful loose, but if we’re going to play like that when we’re loose, well, no complaints from me.”

Danville (3-0) scored on all seven of its first-half possessions, four of which began in Pikeville territory. Its first scoring drive lasted 2 minutes, 10 seconds, while the next five covered :49, 1:37, 1:46, :12 and 1:34 before its final first-half march took all of 2:57.

“It makes it a lot easier to score touchdowns when you don’t have to drive down the field and you’re closer to the end zone,” Danville quarterback Devonta Alcorn said.

Alcorn threw five first-half touchdown passes and completed seven of 10 passes in all for 236 yards in the first two periods as he was named most valuable player of a bowl game for the second straight week.

The Admirals’ offense rolled up 416 yards in the first half as they built a 47-0 lead despite a time of possession of just 11:05, and they finished with 563 yards after the clock ran continuously throughout the second half.

“Our line did a pretty good job tonight. I think they did a better job than we had our first two games, and they’re going to get better,” Harp said. “I think Max Ray and Devin Lynn and Devin Furlow ran the ball well, and then Devonta did a good job of reading the coverages and was able to spread the ball around into their secondary a little bit.”

Furlow led the ground game with 145 yards on eight carries, much of which was gained on a 91-yard touchdown run in the second quarter. Ray had 36 yards and Lynn added 18 for the Admirals, while leading rusher Patrick Brand was held out to rest his injured hip. Reserves Marcus Brown, Olyjawan Ford and Enricco Floyd combined for another 129 yards in the second half.

Meanwhile, Pikeville (1-1) didn’t get far in the first half. The Panthers went three-and-out on their first three possessions with a net of just eight yards, and by the time they got their first first down in the final minute of the first quarter, they were already in a 19-0 hole.

It was 26-0 minutes later after Ray tipped and then intercepted a pass inside the Danville 5-yard line and Furlow broke free for his 91-yard romp.

Alcorn threw one touchdown pass to Cameron Burgess and two to Colin Turner in the final 5:46 of the first half.

Turner had three touchdown catches and a total of four receptions for 99 yards. He made a nifty catch between two Pikeville defenders in the end zone for Danville’s first score, and he caught a pass that was tipped in the end zone by Danville’s Ace Ray for its final first-half touchdown.

Ray also had a first-quarter touchdown catch, and Burgess ran for a score.

Pikeville’s offense generated 91 yards and four first downs in the first half and finished with 141 yards.

Statistics

at Corbin
Pikeville
--

Danville
--

First Quarter
Danville — Cameron Burgess 2 run (run failed), 8:25.

Danville — Colin Turner 28 pass from Devonta Alcorn (run failed), 6:44.

Danville — Max Ray 48 pass from Alcorn (Max Meckes kick), 2:53.

Second Quarter
Danville — Devin Furlow 91 run (Meckes kick), 8:38.

Danville — Burgess 80 pass from Alcorn (Meckes kick), 5:46.

Danville — Turner 25 pass from Alcorn (Meckes kick), 4:04.

Danville — Turner 34 pass from Alcorn (Meckes kick), :01.

Fourth Quarter
Danville — Enricco Floyd 14 run (Meckes kick), 5:07.

P
D

First Downs

Rushes
23-110
39-327

Passing

Total Yards

Comp-Att-Int
4-10-1
7-11-0

Fumbles - Lost
3-1
2-1

Penalties
1-5
6-51

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS
RUSHING—Pikeville, Nick Jones 4-44, Randy Maynard 4-27, Ross McCoy 10-27, Chase Hall 2-12, Taylor Ratliff 2-1, Jake Burke 1-minus-1. Danville, Devin Furlow 8-145, Marcus Brown 4-67, Max Ray 7-36, Olajawan Ford 6-32, Enricco Floyd 4-30, Devin Lynn 5-18, Noah Spann 1-3, Cameron Burgess 1-2, team 1-minus-2, Devonta Alcorn 2-minus-4.

PASSING— Pikeville, Maynard 3-9-1-39, Burke 1-1-0-10. Danville, Alcorn 7-10-0-236, Spann 0-1-0-0.

RECEIVING— Pikeville, Ratliff 2-4, McCoy 1-40, Josh Tackett 1-5. Danville, Colin Turner 4-99, Burgess 1-80, Ray 1-48, Lynn 1-9.

Copyright: AMNews.com 2010
How bad is Maynard's injury?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Speed kills.
Panthers ran into a buz saw last night. Don't let this distract you boys. Stay in focus. Learn from this.
Westside Wrote:Speed kills.

Amen:notworthy
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Sounds like the danville of old but pikeville isn't really good either so its hard to say right now.