Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central Coaches
How many coaches does it take for 1 football team. Seems they have more coaches than indians. Would this not cause confusion among the players!
Evil Eye Wrote:How many coaches does it take for 1 football team. Seems they have more coaches than indians. Would this not cause confusion among the players!

No not at all. JC has one head coach and theres no confussion there. Matney has several positional coaches and can give more individual attention this way. They can also break down film to the finest points. I think this is what really sets them apart.
Let me start by saying IN MY OPINION you can never have too many assistants as long as there all working for a common goal. I myself would love to see a team that could put a coach with each player. The more individual time a player gets from a coach the better. It's the head coaches job to be able to tell the coaches what he wants them to teach individual players then he has to be able to bring the players together on the field and have them be able to work as one unit. The only thing that keeps most teams from having more assistant coaches is lack of funding or lack of knowledgeable volenteers. I'll say it again THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.
Well lets see they played the returning state champs Boyle County to a touchdown after being destroyed by them last year. Then they defeat Cooper and beat a good Knox Central team last night so I'm starting to question the motive of your thread and by the way this isn't the first time that you've attempted to do this. It's so easy to hide behind a computer screen and stir up trouble, why don't you come by practice some time and voice your concerns? I'm sure somebody can help you out with your question. Maybe you liked the old days when Bill M, Bruce H, and Bill Tom had about three or four assistants and in 13 years they had about 55 wins to show for it. This is one Eagle fan who is thrilled with the direction our football program is heading and I want to wish Coach Matney and his staff the best of luck the rest of the season.
Don Carlo Wrote:Well lets see they played the returning state champs Boyle County to a touchdown after being destroyed by them last year. Then they defeat Cooper and beat a good Knox Central team last night so I'm starting to question the motive of your thread and by the way this isn't the first time that you've attempted to do this. It's so easy to hide behind a computer screen and stir up trouble, why don't you come by practice some time and voice your concerns? I'm sure somebody can help you out with your question. Maybe you liked the old days when Bill M, Bruce H, and Bill Tom had about three or four assistants and in 13 years they had about 55 wins to show for it. This is one Eagle fan who is thrilled with the direction our football program is heading and I want to wish Coach Matney and his staff the best of luck the rest of the season.
I agree with your point but you are wrong to lump Coach Music in with the other two. Music's last team finished the season undefeated. Music brought respectability to the Johnson Central program, which his two successors squandered. Matney has taken the program to a different level but Music had a big hand in laying the foundation, including his work with elementary and middle school coaches.
Whatever their coaching strategy is, I'd have to say it is working...
I agree that Bill Musick made JC respectable but you have to remember that Bruce H and Bill Tom Ross had got the program in bad shape in a short period of time. Matney took over and started winning instantly. He can have as many coaches as he wants. He has made JC one of the best teams in the state. So what does it matter how many coaches he has? He WINS! lol :biggrin: