Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lone Oak 29 Marshall Co. 6
Final

Congrats LO!
Great job by Lone Oak
congrats to lo
Congrats to Lone Oak.
Congrats to my home team. I'm just surprised that we didn't score more than we did to be quite honest. One of those touchdowns was via interception, and we had a total of 17 rushing yards against Marshal.

Still, a win is a win, and I can't complain too much about it. Lets hope that we have what it takes to go up against Lexington Catholic this Friday! Smile
http://www.westkentuckystar.com/Sports/H...d-Wins-1st

Lone Oak is trying to prove that it is once again one of the state's top teams. Marshall County, after a one-win season last year and off to an 0-2 start this year, just wants to prove that it can improve under new coach Ron Barnard.

Both teams probably proved their points on Friday night. Lone Oak, the No. 3-ranked team in Class 4A, won 29-6. Marshall, which lost last week when Evansville Bosse scored with nine seconds to play, limited Lone Oak somewhat with the 29 points allowed after the Flash had scored 103 points in a 2-0 start.

And Marshall trailed only 7-6 after a Noah Steele interception and 25 yard return in the first quarter.

Lone Oak slowly added points - two on a safety and three more on a Jack Coorts field goal.

Felix Colon's nice punt return set up a Joe Starks 1-yard run that pushed the advantage to 19-6. Coorts added another field goal - this one a 27-yarder - and Colon finished the Marshals off with a 21-yard interception return.

Neither team could muster much on the ground, but Lone Oak had the edge in the air behind freshman quarterback Cole Ousley, who hit 18 of 32 passes for 215 yards, and Colon, who caught six passes for 86 yards.