Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Xavier 37 Lex. Catholic 0
Final. Thoughts?
I thought that X would win by more....
Not as bad as I thought it would be, because I expected a final of like 49/56-0/7.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Not as bad as I thought it would be, because I expected a final of like 49/56-0/7.

I thought it could be 70-0.

Cov Cath destroyed by Ryle. Cov Cath turns around and goes to Lex Cath and gets the victory. I certainly thought that X was at least 3 TDS better than Ryle!
Catholic played much much much better than last week. St. X was just a much better team
Stardust Wrote:I thought it could be 70-0.

Cov Cath destroyed by Ryle. Cov Cath turns around and goes to Lex Cath and gets the victory. I certainly thought that X was at least 3 TDS better than Ryle!

I heard tonight that Cov Cath had at least 6 starters held out of the Ryle game for breaking team rules. Heard they were caught having a few libations.
sstack Wrote:I heard tonight that Cov Cath had at least 6 starters held out of the Ryle game for breaking team rules. Heard they were caught having a few libations.

Then that makes sense. Sounds like they were trying to be Bluebirds :biggrin:
congrats to st.x
Stardust Wrote:Then that makes sense. Sounds like they were trying to be Bluebirds :biggrin:

Yes, it really surprises me that those Catholic boys would do something like that.:lmao:
sstack Wrote:Yes, it really surprises me that those Catholic boys would do something like that.:lmao:

LMAO:devilflam
St. X. only won tonight by a smaller margin than many projected because Coach Glaser decided not to play many of his starters. As a matter of fact, only one starter in the normal starting backfield played at all in this game, and his carries for very few. Subs were constantly running on-and-off the field for the entire game. The Tiger coaches used this game as a means to develop some young depth, and were still able to walk away with a 37-0 victory.
on the news it said the score was 31-0 at the hafe
Congrats to St X and Coach Glaser a class act!
Easy win for the Bluebirds. Congrats.
Lexington Catholic 0 0 0 0 0

St. Xavier 7 17 13 0 37

Scoring summary:
SX--Daylen Hall 2 run (Scott Raque kick); SX-Arkez Joiner 1 run (Raque kick); SX--James Bright 15 punt return (Raque kick); SX--Raque 36 field goal; SX--Lamondray Clemons 10 run (Raque kick); SX--Christopher Buntin 31 pass from Alex Mattingly (kick failed).
Records: St. Xavier 2-0, Lexington Catholic 1-2.

More details: St. Xavier 37, Lexington Catholic 0: The defending 6A champs outgained the visiting Knights 361-90 to hand Catholic (1-2) its second straight loss. Catholic quarterback Kyle Bolin had more punts (eight) than completions (seven).
LC did not have a first down the first half. Injuries from last week that kept 2 defensive starters out put a lot of pressure on an already young defensive squad. The first quarter gave some hope to LC faithful. But the last 3 quarters were all X except for 1 drive by LC. X did not play some there key starters, apparently getting them healed up for next weeks big game with the Ohio St. X team. Congrats to the Tigers.
Congrats X
^

no surprise here