Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Co. 42 Paintsville 37
Final.
Congrats to Coach McCoy and the Hornets on the win. This program has improved by leaps and bounds since McCoy took the job. Better luck to Paintsville next week.
Big play killed the tigers again tonight. Two Magoffin touchdowns were off of stupid mistakes for the tigers. One was a botched interception, and the other was a missed sack. The tigers had the ball to win it towards the end but Magoffin just proved tougher.

Congrats hornets.
I must add there were more penalties tonight then any other game I have seen in a long long time
Penalties went both ways, but yes there were numerous it seemed. The Tigers just didn't tackle well at all tonight. I felt like most of them were going for that big "hit stick" style of tackle as opposed to wrap ups. Colby Howard, #10 for Magoffin County, ran all over the field tonight. I remember one play in particular when they were in the red zone and they ran a simple sweep with him straight up the middle, and he made 2 moves, untouched into the endzone. Howard really impressed me with his toughness, as he probably broke 10-15 tackles in the whole game.
As for Paintsville, they looked good offensively, Caldwell made great decisions in the pocket, and rolling out. Congrats to Coach McCoy and his team for the big win, and an undefeated start. PHS just has to rebound and learn from this. Best of luck to both teams the rest of the season.
Nice job Hornets
Games like tonight make me wish that Paintsville would have kept Jim Tom around. He was great coaching D. When he was the D coordinator, or the head coach you didn't see arm tackling that often. He never had as much talent when he coached, then what Jason has had while coaching at phs. I had forgot that Bill mike took over for a season when Burr left. When Bill Mike left, JT was left with a very, very young team, and still had a winning season
Congrats Hornets
I think Paintsville was up 13-0 at one time, according to the radio.
Congrats MC. Coach Mccoy is doing a great job for you all
D-E-F-E-N-S-E: New School/Old School,Grade School/High School,College/Pros .It wins games at every level. Good offensive effort Tiger Players. Keep the spirit.:Thumbs:
Congrats to the Hornets...as for the Tigers, keep your head up! From what everyone is saying, the defense and tackling are the weak points...just go back to the basics, hat on ball, shoot the arms and wrap up. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.
:1:Congrats Hornets!!!
Defense.
Is this the first time Magoffin County has ever beat Paintsville in football??
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Is this the first time Magoffin County has ever beat Paintsville in football??

I believe it is the first time. Last year, allen central beat paintsville for the first time as well
Gotta give a shout out to Andy Adkins for the long (by mountain football standards) Field goal to give us the lead as the first half ended. Next up for the tigers is south floyd. We will see now how they stack up against Class-A competition.
Congrats Hornets!
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Gotta give a shout out to Andy Adkins for the long (by mountain football standards) Field goal to give us the lead as the first half ended. Next up for the tigers is south floyd. We will see now how they stack up against Class-A competition.
Paintsville does seem to have a good kicking game and looked like they had the advantage of field position most of the night. Just need to work on the little things like tackleing technique. With just a few minor adjustments the tigers will be OK.
goms33 Wrote:Paintsville does seem to have a good kicking game and looked like they had the advantage of field position most of the night. Just need to work on the little things like tackleing technique. With just a few minor adjustments the tigers will be OK.

gotta wonder though. Does anyone else see the begginings of a good rivalry or is it just me?
I'm glad to see Coach McCoy do good over there. He has turned that MC program around
:Thumbs: Oh ya!!! This game will have some good crowds every year. I really look for it to get as big or possibly even bigger than the basketball rivalry. Football in Ky is growing! :popcorn::Clap:
Congrats MC
Yep, first time Magoffin has beat Paintsville in football, however lets put it in perspective, it is only the 3rd or 4th time the Hornets and Tigers have ever played in football. I agree with the previous poster, could be a very nice rivalry game.