Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 49 Prestonsburg 21
I thought it would be a tough game,also thought when it was over pburg would be the victor.maybe my wife was right...sometimes i can be wrong:eyeroll:
cat86 Wrote:I suspect alot of defensive fundamentals will be worked on in the very near future... ;-)

Good point about the offense. Having to play catch up meant the running game never really got established. Crisp was shaky early, but found himself as the game went on, and had periods where he looked sharp.

Prestonsburg looked terrible on defense, granted, but I'm reminded of the old coaching cliche of "I suspect the opposing team had alot to do with it...".

Breathitt is that good, folks...

First I want to say congrats to Breathitt on the win. After sleeping on things and trying to calm down from a disappointing night in Jackson all I have to say is, I would have to blame this game one the coaching. It seemed a little suspect tonight. The play calling from the offesive side was awful. Prestonsburg came out flat, but when the boys had the momentum and things could have turned around in their way with a score on the goal line you run a sweep against a good team, NO. That is when you put your power back in the game and hit them back in the mouth. The 14 points in this game could have a big thing for both teams. From what I seen at that point in the game Breathitt's confidence would have been broke (AKA the multiple personal fouls for unsportsman conduct, or ruffing the passer), but that is why the game is played and you can't go bac and change those things, you can only learn from them and move on. Hopefull the whole team will learn from the multiple mistakes from the coaching to the sidelines. Both of the teams are going to give people problems especially if the use all of their weapons.

:HitWall:
Prestonsburg 0 13 8 0 21
Breathitt Co. 20 8 14 7 49
Scoring summary:
B--Will Collins 21 run (Tyler Little kick); B--Cody Pritchard 42 run (Little kick); B--Brayton Fugate 8 run (kick failed); P--Bryson Williams 26 pass from Adam Crisp (Joseph Jamerson kick); B--Josh Fletcher 20 pass from Richard Trent (Trent run); P--Williams 11 pass from Crisp (kick failed); P--Williams 26 run (Alex Griffith pass from Crisp); B--Collins 49 pass from Trent (Little kick); B--Fletcher 27 pass from Trent (Little kick); B--Trent 6 run (Little kick).
Records: Breathitt Co. 3-0, Prestonsburg 2-1.
More details: Breathitt County 49, Prestonsburg 21: The host Cats (3-0) racked up 583 yards of total offense, including 410 yards on the ground and six different players scored in the rout.
Sophomore quarterback Richard Trent threw for three touchdowns and ran in another. He passed for 173 yards and ran for 132 more.
Prestonsburg fell to 2-1.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0yZGSNTHD
Roadrunner_24 Wrote:First I want to say congrats to Breathitt on the win. After sleeping on things and trying to calm down from a disappointing night in Jackson all I have to say is, I would have to blame this game one the coaching. It seemed a little suspect tonight. The play calling from the offesive side was awful. Prestonsburg came out flat, but when the boys had the momentum and things could have turned around in their way with a score on the goal line you run a sweep against a good team, NO. That is when you put your power back in the game and hit them back in the mouth. The 14 points in this game could have a big thing for both teams. From what I seen at that point in the game Breathitt's confidence would have been broke (AKA the multiple personal fouls for unsportsman conduct, or ruffing the passer), but that is why the game is played and you can't go bac and change those things, you can only learn from them and move on. Hopefull the whole team will learn from the multiple mistakes from the coaching to the sidelines. Both of the teams are going to give people problems especially if the use all of their weapons.

:HitWall:

While I agree with you about the wimpy playcalls on that 1st and goal series, it wasn't coaching who lost this game.

No, P-burg lost the game because they were outplayed on both sides of the ball. PERIOD.
Pburg either dropped open passes;missed open receivers;and made too many mistakes or they would have been in the game the first half.Then they just could not stop our QB or RB's.I was very proud.This was the Breathitt team I expected this year;not the one I saw in Campbellsville.
Congrats Bobcats!
Good win for BC
oneijoe Wrote:While I agree with you about the wimpy playcalls on that 1st and goal series, it wasn't coaching who lost this game.

No, P-burg lost the game because they were outplayed on both sides of the ball. PERIOD.

True they where getting outplayed at that point but the total body language of each side changed after the bad play calling at the goal line. Just saying things may have turned out a little different, ya know like last year. Prestonsburg was getting out played and then coming back and scoring to tie the game after being down big played a big part in the attitudes of Haddix and Fugate. But all of that is no good now because the score ended up with a L. Just hope we all learn from this game. Take no one for granted cause on any given night anyone can get beat. That is why we love this game of football.
Boy did I have this one wrong. I didn't attend, but numerous people who were there said the Bobcats dominated from start to finish. Good win Bobcats.
Stromg rush on defense and broken tackles.
P-burg was on the field for practice early this morning. Hope they worked on blocking and tackling.
This team has to be one of the biggest surpise along with their nemuis Middlesboro in the mountains. It just makes u wonder where these kids were at last year? I know Holcomb gets alot of credit but alot of them plays were called by former bobcat great Kyle Moore, I just like to give him some credit along with defense cord. Johntan Chapman and long with the other assitants coaches were credit is due. I also proud of our kids because alot of people doubt them this year and so far they have kept their focus and played like the old Bobcats football that i grow so accusted to will playing in the mid to late 90's. But they have along way to go and a lot of learning to do and improving to bring home the gold. Keep up bobcats and never get satisfied!
Congrats to the Bobcats!! I expected them to win by not by that, very impressive!!:rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Bigblue#4 Wrote:This team has to be one of the biggest surpise along with their nemuis Middlesboro in the mountains. It just makes u wonder where these kids were at last year? I know Holcomb gets alot of credit but alot of them plays were called by former bobcat great Kyle Moore, I just like to give him some credit along with defense cord. Johntan Chapman and long with the other assitants coaches were credit is due. I also proud of our kids because alot of people doubt them this year and so far they have kept their focus and played like the old Bobcats football that i grow so accusted to will playing in the mid to late 90's. But they have along way to go and a lot of learning to do and improving to bring home the gold. Keep up bobcats and never get satisfied!
Against Campbellsville I saw Kyle and Johnathan down on the field calling plays instead of being up in the box. Is that something new or were the radio's not working?
Twitter: @tc_analytics