Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phillp Haywood
I think he is one of the best coaches in the mountains if not the state. I don't know if their is already a thread like this, but i was just wondering if Haywood will be on the pirates sideline next year?
Definitely the state--not just the mountains.

Haywood has been winning games for a long time. Even without the last 3 years--Haywood is in the top echelon of coaches in the state.

He is also extremely respected by his peers.

What I would like to know is--who are all of the other coaches on his staff? They are a big part of the puzzle as well.
Steve Mickey
Anthony Tackett
Todd Cassell
James Rowe

^These guys have been with him the longest.

Others are:
Casey Lequire
Corey Young
Nathan Coleman
Matt Varney

I don't think I am leaving anyone out, but if I did I'll think of them shortly.
Yeah, Belfry Football is his life. I don't see him hanging it up too soon.
HappyGilmore Wrote:Steve Mickey
Anthony Tackett
Todd Cassell
James Rowe

Others are:
Casey Lequire
Corey Young
Nathan Coleman
Matt Varney

Thanks.

Which positions/responsibilities do these guys have?
HappyGilmore Wrote:Steve Mickey
Anthony Tackett
Todd Cassell
James Rowe

Others are:
Casey Lequire
Corey Young
Nathan Coleman
Matt Varney

Isn't there Jonathon Childers and there is one more...I forgot his name..You know Happy, he refs basketball games...
Pirate Pal Wrote:Isn't there Jonathon Childers and there is one more...I forgot his name..You know Happy, he refs basketball games...

I left off Jonathan and Daniel Wright, sorry about that, but the person you are talking about is Jonathan Bogar. He no longer helps with the high school, but he does help with the middle school.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Thanks.

Which positions/responsibilities do these guys have?

Hummm......They change from time to time, but I can give you a pretty good idea. Most of the guys who have been there for a long time have coached just about every position, other than QBs. That position is where I have seen Coach Haywood do most of his individual coaching.

Steve Mickey - D-Coordinator/D-Line
Anthony Tackett - Defensive Ends
James Rowe - O-Line/D-Line
Todd Cassell - RBs/DBs
Matt Varney - RBs/DBs ??
Casey Lequire - QBs/WRs ?? - (Freshman Coach)
Corey Young - Special Teams & Freshman Coach, not sure what else.
Nathan Coleman - TEs/LBs, I think
Jonathan Wright - QBs/WRs
Daniel Wright - Not sure what specific position he coaches.
HappyGilmore Wrote:I left off Jonathan and Daniel Wright, sorry about that, but the person you are talking about is Jonathan Bogar. He no longer helps with the high school, but he does help with the middle school.

I don't know why I said childers...duh!!!!!
I say we have 2-5 more years of Haywood and that will be the end. I see him getting the #1 spot in wins for a coach in KY before he leaves the game. I sure hope we have him for a few more.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I say we have 2-5 more years of Haywood and that will be the end. I see him getting the #1 spot in wins for a coach in KY before he leaves the game. I sure hope we have him for a few more.

And people have been saying that for at least 10 years.Wink

Not saying you are wrong, just saying that has been the rumor for a while.
yea happy thats why i started this thread, people have said that he was leaving for as long as i can remember, but when he does leave the game he will always be remembered as a winner and a class act.
HappyGilmore Wrote:And people have been saying that for at least 10 years.Wink

Not saying you are wrong, just saying that has been the rumor for a while.

My statement is much more realistic now than 10 years ago. We must remember how long he has been at this now. I don't see Haywood coaching for 40+ years like the NCC coach, but I hope that I am wrong. Most of the Belfry fans will keep him as long as he wants to stay.

:wenumber1
BelfryJustice Wrote:My statement is much more realistic now than 10 years ago. We must remember how long he has been at this now. I don't see Haywood coaching for 40+ years like the NCC coach, but I hope that I am wrong. Most of the Belfry fans will keep him as long as he wants to stay.

:wenumber1

I realize that.......Plus, ten years ago there were no state titles. Makes it easier to retire when you have two of those under your belt.