Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 43 Cooper 19
Final.
Not a bad showing for Cooper, further muddying the waters of NKY 6A. Did anyone see this game?
Cooper played tough through the first half, but turnovers killed them in the latter part of the game. If I'm not mistaken they turned the ball over on two consecutive plays. JC capitalized on these turnovers, and never looked back. I was impressed with the play of Cooper's running back, not sure of his name, but he had a solid all around game. JK Hall played great for the Eagles, and Jude was as advertised.
I like the Eagles non-district opponents. They will be prepared come post season. This 6a school Cooper had a lot of talent and speed. Showed signs of excellence at times but they couldn't keep up with the power and smash mouth football of JC. If the Eagles stay healthy and keep playin smash mouth against this type of schedule they may be ready for the bluebirds in the playoffs.
#1, D'vontae Bradley was the back in question. Decent speed, some power, reminded me a lot of the kid from Horn Lake last year. I think they said he ran for something like 1500 yards last year. He'll put up decent numbers in this Cooper scheme. Pretty gimmicky offense. Lot of formations, like to spread it often. If they can establish the run, Morris at QB is pretty clever with his fakes and runs well on the bootleg. They halfback passed twice and ran Bradley out of the Wildcat a few times.

Lot of arm tackling tonight for JC. Not nearly as focused as last week against Boyle, especially in the first half. Some bright spots, though. Good to see Matt King back out there on the DL. Good to have Davis back kicking, put one in for a touchback and the others inside the ten. Hall put up monstrous numbers at QB, mostly on the ground but also with a long KO return and a bomb to Cody Parker. Jude looked very quick tonight. Bratton ran hard. C+ game tonight, I'd say. Good enough to pass, but we need to square a lot of things away and bring more focus against Knox on the road next week if we hope to win.
JC is looking very good!
Bradley is one heck of a back. All in all JC got out played in the first half and took it over in the second.
Nice win Eagles.
JC needs to break out the tackling dummy this week. I've never seen a 8 yard pass interference penalty before. Not real sure that JC got outplayed in the first half. It's great to have a kicker, that can actually kick the ball. I know this is just week 1 (but the 2nd game), but JC will be fine. We have our first road game next friday night, I dont see myself making the trip, so I guess I'll get to do the updates. And by the way, I've been following EKUAlum05's updates for awhile, so hopefully I will do pretty good at it.
Cooper is going to be (in a few years) a good football program. I dont know if that was there full team, but they had pretty good numbers and had some nice size.
good win jc
Copper had many chances in this game but turnovers killed them. That #1 from Copper was doing crazy things on the field. JC came out flat in the first and took over in the second half.
Congrats JC!
Congrats JC.

As I have told many in NKY, Cooper has tools. They are getting discredited for only being in existence for three years. But this is a solid program already.
Stardust Wrote:Congrats JC.

As I have told many in NKY, Cooper has tools. They are getting discredited for only being in existence for three years. But this is a solid program already.

#1 and #7 are something else, The team can drive it down and score but from what I saw they lack a good defense, but once they can get that down they will be a good team. For a school that is in there 3rd season I think they will win a few games this season.
Glad to see J.C. roll.
congrats to JC
Cooper played great in the 1st. Defensively their line eat us alive in the 1st half. Offensively their running back Brady #1 had some great moves that left the eagles stuck in their tracks. I think they ran out of gas in the 2nd. The Eagles were taken by surprise early but got it all together late in the 1st. Hat's off to J.K. Hall, ran for a touchdown, threw for 1, ran a kickoff return for another. Jude had a little trouble at first because, coopers lean and mean d-line got to him in a hurry. They (Cooper) were wore out toward the end of the 2nd qtr. Good defensive plays by Eagle freshman corner Jordan Young. Braton ran the ball well also for the Eagles.
Congrats JC
bigjim4packers Wrote:Cooper played great in the 1st. Defensively their line eat us alive in the 1st half. Offensively their running back Brady #1 had some great moves that left the eagles stuck in their tracks. I think they ran out of gas in the 2nd. The Eagles were taken by surprise early but got it all together late in the 1st. Hat's off to J.K. Hall, ran for a touchdown, threw for 1, ran a kickoff return for another. Jude had a little trouble at first because, coopers lean and mean d-line got to him in a hurry. They (Cooper) were wore out toward the end of the 2nd qtr. Good defensive plays by Eagle freshman corner Jordan Young. Braton ran the ball well also for the Eagles.

I think you take a big chance for injury having Hall running Kickoff returns. He is too important to take that chance.
Listened to the latter part of the 2nd quarter and thought JC was in trouble, but looks like they made some adjustments at the half.

Congrats Eagles!
sstack Wrote:I think you take a big chance for injury having Hall running Kickoff returns. He is too important to take that chance.

It is not that much different for JK to return kickoffs than it is for him to be on deffense making tackles, or lined up running the dive option or scrambling on a pass play. JC has him returning kicks because he is a HUGE threat when the ball is in his hands, and anything that may potentially make a difference in the ball game, I feel should be done! Congrats JC!
Coach Matney = Mad Genius.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC needs to break out the tackling dummy this week. I've never seen a 8 yard pass interference penalty before. Not real sure that JC got outplayed in the first half. It's great to have a kicker, that can actually kick the ball. I know this is just week 1 (but the 2nd game), but JC will be fine. We have our first road game next friday night, I dont see myself making the trip, so I guess I'll get to do the updates. And by the way, I've been following EKUAlum05's updates for awhile, so hopefully I will do pretty good at it.
Cooper is going to be (in a few years) a good football program. I dont know if that was there full team, but they had pretty good numbers and had some nice size.

I agree it is great to have the starting kicker back, but I dont think that JC was hurting when their DE kicked for 3 extra points last week and the Boyle starting kicker only went 2 for 3.