Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County 40 Harlan County 7
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Maybe you have not followed football very long? I think they had some pretty good teams in the past. The Cole Draughn days stick out to me.

They will get a couple of wins in the next 2 weeks with Lee High and Leslie on the schedule. Not sure how they will fair in district. NL looks to be pretty bad and not sure about PCC either.

Watched NL last night. Looks really good. Fundamentally sound. I believe HC will be OK in the district. Clay looks really good and LCC having problems. PCC had problems with Casey CO. Whitley will roll as usual. Not much attention this year but they will show up to play with a good team. Looks like Pulaski favored though in Region.
QB lost a contact first quarter. (Need to keep an extra set of those on sideline in case that happens again. Would definitely skew his depth perception.) The Bears looked more polished a couple of weeks ago, but with recent injuries and illnesses for this game they had some new personnel. It's way to early to say that we are struggling. I finally got to see game film. I didn't see any thing remotely close to HC players "laying all over the field" or out of shape. I recall on the radio broadcast one player who was cramping. We have a couple of games to work some kinks out and I'm confident that our coaching staff will do just that. It's the first game of the year, we will continue to improve. Pulaski is a good team and hopefully we will get to play them again in November and we'll see what happens then. This game is over and in the books. Time to get ready for the next one.
HAT51 Wrote:One player was got cramps. HC offense rushing 221
You really didn't see the same game, did you? No less than 4 different players from Harlan County cramped up Friday night. Watch the footage and get back to me on that one. I am not the only one that saw it. Black Bear fans were even discussing it after the game.
HAT51 Wrote:Maybe they will meet in the playoffs. PC had 1st great year last year. Before that nothing. How long will it last? Tradition, I doubt it.
2007 - 10 wins and lost in a tough battle against eventual region champs Lincoln Co.
2008 - 10 wins and lost to Eventual REgion Champs Whitley in the last 2 minutes of that shootout.
2009 - This is the first great year ( according to you). region champs.

2002 -2003 District runner-up to Boyle Co. Played them tough through most of that
Tradition? Can't really say that yet. Is it a good start towards that? You bet!
PC has beaten every team in that district starting in the playoffs til now - minus Clay and NL. PC was supposed to get a shot at NL this year in week 0 but it was dropped from the schedule for some reason- on NL side. Again I would not tag it as tradition but I would say it definitely got that district's number.
Forever Maroon Wrote:You really didn't see the same game, did you? No less than 4 different players from Harlan County cramped up Friday night. Watch the footage and get back to me on that one. I am not the only one that saw it. Black Bear fans were even discussing it after the game.

I saw the same kid with cramps a couple different times. There was another kid that was slow getting up, but didn't look due to cramps to me....got his hip dinged. In my opinion the Bears on a whole are in great shape.

We already had boys playing in different positions than they had been playing due to Tucker's knee injury. Then, in the week before this game we had another injury that put a player out for at least this game and several boys who were sick (a starting senior O-lineman didn't even get in the game until the second half on a few plays), thus moving even more people out of the positions they had been playing.

The Bears will be just fine.
No doubt, injuries can hurt a team. If you get 1 or 2 kids out of position it changes everything. Especially if they play on both sides of the ball. I was just stating what was on game film and what some Harlan County fans were complaining about after the game. There were a few fans upset.
wiseguy85 Wrote:2007 - 10 wins and lost in a tough battle against eventual region champs Lincoln Co.
2008 - 10 wins and lost to Eventual REgion Champs Whitley in the last 2 minutes of that shootout.
2009 - This is the first great year ( according to you). region champs.

2002 -2003 District runner-up to Boyle Co. Played them tough through most of that
Tradition? Can't really say that yet. Is it a good start towards that? You bet!
PC has beaten every team in that district starting in the playoffs til now - minus Clay and NL. PC was supposed to get a shot at NL this year in week 0 but it was dropped from the schedule for some reason- on NL side. Again I would not tag it as tradition but I would say it definitely got that district's number.

It takes more than 3 years to have tradition. Go back to the 2 years you omitted before 2007. Pulaski County went a combined 4-17. That knocks you out real fast. Heck in the last decade PC has a record of 65-51, a winning percentage of just over 53%. That isn't domination and it takes 10 years at least to say you have a winning a tradition and in the past 10 years you just cannot say that. Yes PC has had some good records the last 3 years but it takes more than that to put you on the map, add some district, region titles and you can start bragging.
wiseguy85 Wrote:PC has beaten every team in that district starting in the playoffs til now - minus Clay and NL. PC was supposed to get a shot at NL this year in week 0 but it was dropped from the schedule for some reason- on NL side. Again I would not tag it as tradition but I would say it definitely got that district's number.

PC is 10-5 against the other district since 2005, not overwhelmingly dominant.
It's not about being dominant over the last __ years. This thread is about being dominant in Friday night's football game against Harlan County. Harlan County is a pretty good football team. They just ran into a buzz saw Friday. Both teams had injuries and kids playing out position. Both teams committed costly penalties. In the end Pulaski was just the better team, top to bottom. Any way you look at it the Maroons dominated beginning to end. Now it's time to turn the attention to Henry Clay. That's a whole different animal!
3wishes Wrote:It takes more than 3 years to have tradition. Go back to the 2 years you omitted before 2007. Pulaski County went a combined 4-17. That knocks you out real fast. Heck in the last decade PC has a record of 65-51, a winning percentage of just over 53%. That isn't domination and it takes 10 years at least to say you have a winning a tradition and in the past 10 years you just cannot say that. Yes PC has had some good records the last 3 years but it takes more than that to put you on the map, add some district, region titles and you can start bragging.

The same can be said about Harlan County. They still have a lot to prove as well. But, apparently Pulaski is for real. If they're not then that doesn't bold well at all for Harlan County. I'm under the impression that Harlan County has a pretty decent team and Pulaski has a really good team this year.
Forever Maroon Wrote:It's not about being dominant over the last __ years. This thread is about being dominant in Friday night's football game against Harlan County. Harlan County is a pretty good football team. They just ran into a buzz saw Friday. Both teams had injuries and kids playing out position. Both teams committed costly penalties. In the end Pulaski was just the better team, top to bottom. Any way you look at it the Maroons dominated beginning to end. Now it's time to turn the attention to Henry Clay. That's a whole different animal!

:Thumbs: Exactly what I was saying in my previous post. It's this year and based on what has happened so far, you have to say Pulaski has a very talented group. Harlan County is a work in progress. I do think they'll get better as the year goes. Pulaski will be a tough out this year. From all that I have read about them and listening to others discussing the Maroons, they are blessed with a lot of athletes. Good luck to both teams.
And just to have a little fun with my neighbors in Harlan County, the rusty nails and raw meat should be replace with foods with lots of salt and potassium to prevent all of the cramping up that you have experienced so far. Take it lightly, just having some fun. The season is early guys.
Some people here are way to attached to HC football. Its one game, teams do get better just wait and see. If some of us think we could do better as players and coaches, then we SHOULD do it, not get on here and trash talk. It will get better