Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 13 Letcher Co Central 9
Just as shocked as everyone else so one more, WOW.

Congrats M'boro!
Alcoa is not only one of the best teams in Tennessee, but in the country! I knew by Mboro playing them, it would be no indication on how Mboros season would go this year. Hats off to Mboro. If they can keep up good defense and pass the ball well they should finally compete with Corbin this year for a district crown. I also like this tough schedule they have compiled for this season as well, it will definitely get them ready for district and there playoffs.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Alcoa is not only one of the best teams in Tennessee, but in the country! I knew by Mboro playing them, it would be no indication on how Mboros season would go this year. Hats off to Mboro. If they can keep up good defense and pass the ball well they should finally compete with Corbin this year for a district crown. I also like this tough schedule they have compiled for this season as well, it will definitely get them ready for district and there playoffs.

I agree.
Lost-Game #1 Alcoa #1 in Tennessee in all classes and #57 in the Nation.
Won-Game #2 LCC ranked #8 in 5A.
Congrats to Middlesboro. WOW
Nice win by the Jackets.
Keep working and get better every down, not just every game.
This is how champions are made.:1:
Congrats to the Jackets on the win. I am glad your program is back on the rise. Still i did not expect LCC to be stopped. Looks like we need to learn to execute. Good luck against Clay Co. they are playing some good ball right now.
1st off let me say congrates to Coach Frazier and the yellowjackets!With that being said what in the he?? did LCC coaches see to make them try to run the option tonight.From the stands it was pretty obvious it did not work!Each time LCC went to the spread the backs probably averaged 10 yards a carry,with the QB Johnson almost unstopable when he ran the ball on the QBdraw and trap plays.2nd LCC wasted all their time outs before the 4th qr.3RD when LCC got the ball back with 4 minutes to go in the 4th on the M-BORO 48 yard line they abandoned the run.Why?It was unreal to see the Defense which picked 4 passes last week virtualy run zone coverage the whole game.The defense let the Jackets run nothing but quick passes and screens because they were in a soft zone the whole game.The D coach really did a poor job adjusting tonight to the short passing game.It is sad when you hear old ladies in the stands asking what in the he77 are we doing running soft zone coverage.In a nut shell LCC out coached,plain and simple.
Congrats Coach Fraizer and M'boro. Nice to see what good coaching at a high school with talent can do. Keep up the good work!
Great job Coach Frazier congrats on the big win.
#18 Junior quarterback Chase Roark completed 11-of-20 passes for 179 yards 2 touchdowns. He was 6-of-8 for 105 yard and two touchdowns during the two Middlesboro scoring drives in the second half.

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING — LCC: Jessie Rose 19-81, Logan Johnson 16-67, Drew Bentley 5-33, Sam Sergent 2-4, Chris Tyree 1-0; MHS: Cody Smith 10-15, Chase Roark 5-14, Tanner Mike 1-9, Josh Delauer 4-1, Eddie Witherspoon 2-(-2) .

PASSING — LCC: Johnson 2-10-13-1, Dalton Sizemore 1-1-18-0; MHS: Roark 11-20-179-1.

RECEIVING — LCC: Johnson 1-18, Koree Stewart 1-15, Drew Bentley 1-(-2); MHS: Cody Smith 3-25, Zack Riddle 2-52, Delauer 2-49, Sean Frost 2-28, Brandon Strunk 1-20, Tanner Mike 1-5.
Great pictures and HUGE win for the Yellow Jackets.
Mama Bear Wrote:Great pictures and HUGE win for the Yellow Jackets.

This was a Huge win for the Jackets. The talent has always been there, but the coaching hadn't been for the past few years.

Alot of Bell Co fans were there to support Frazier last night too. Great to see that imo for a ex coach.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Two teams that weren't very good at all last season or the season before, so an outsider cannot expect much out of either.

:Thumbs: I didn't see it coming either.
Holy moly. I was hoping for this but did not expect it. Congrats!
Very proud of my friend for years now Randy Frazier. You shocked me winning this one big boy. What a great win. Congrats Frazier!!!!
Great win for the yellow jackets and Coach Frazier!
I figured that LCC would have a great d to stop Middlesboro.
good win for middlesboro
Im shocked to say the least! Congrats to the Jackets!
Benchwarmer Wrote:I figured that LCC would have a great d to stop Middlesboro.

They are great in the box, secondary didn't look that good though.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
touchdownkentucky Wrote:1st off let me say congrates to Coach Frazier and the yellowjackets!With that being said what in the he?? did LCC coaches see to make them try to run the option tonight.From the stands it was pretty obvious it did not work!Each time LCC went to the spread the backs probably averaged 10 yards a carry,with the QB Johnson almost unstopable when he ran the ball on the QBdraw and trap plays.2nd LCC wasted all their time outs before the 4th qr.3RD when LCC got the ball back with 4 minutes to go in the 4th on the M-BORO 48 yard line they abandoned the run.Why?It was unreal to see the Defense which picked 4 passes last week virtualy run zone coverage the whole game.The defense let the Jackets run nothing but quick passes and screens because they were in a soft zone the whole game.The D coach really did a poor job adjusting tonight to the short passing game.It is sad when you hear old ladies in the stands asking what in the he77 are we doing running soft zone coverage.In a nut shell LCC out coached,plain and simple.
Thank you for the insight! I have heard alot of fans saying positive things about LCC's defense but the facts are out now. We have struggled on defense from day one, when the program formed. If some drastic changes are not made LCC will never achieve there goal of a regional championship. It will be worse this year because it also seems apparent that our offense is not as potent. I do feel howeber that our offense will improve but the D is going to continue to struggle. At the Highschool level it is very easy to see how a team is hurting you. They may have eaten us up with the short passing game early. So that said why were no adjustments made and the opponents offense was allowed to continue its progress? Another trend i have noticed is in the first half LCC is not a physical team. They take the field but are not focused and the term take the field has not sank in.
I guess this was a shocker for all you that picked LCC. You should have listened to me, haha. Congrats to Coach Frazier, wish him the best.
Hilbily Wrote:Thank you for the insight! I have heard alot of fans saying positive things about LCC's defense but the facts are out now. We have struggled on defense from day one, when the program formed. If some drastic changes are not made LCC will never achieve there goal of a regional championship. It will be worse this year because it also seems apparent that our offense is not as potent. I do feel howeber that our offense will improve but the D is going to continue to struggle. At the Highschool level it is very easy to see how a team is hurting you. They may have eaten us up with the short passing game early. So that said why were no adjustments made and the opponents offense was allowed to continue its progress? Another trend i have noticed is in the first half LCC is not a physical team. They take the field but are not focused and the term take the field has not sank in.

Middlesboro had 182 total yards, I'm not sure how many teams or coaches would complain about that. Take away a few big plays in the first two games and the defense has been really solid this year.
it is a good sign for the M'boro team not just because of the win, but even after they took their beating from a great school in alcoa they pick themselves up, dusted off the jerseys and worked hard to get the win the next week.

its not if you get knocked down that makes good team its if you get up that makes you one.
Sounds like your defense was pretty darn good 182 yds and only 13 points, most teams would love those stats.
Middlesboro got to the 4 and 18 yard lines and came up empty on both. This game shouldnt really even been this close.
3 pts of LCC's 9 was due to a Middlesboro player muffed a punt at the 15 and fumbled it. LCC got in at the 16 and got a Field Goal out of that mistake by Middlesboro.