Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos On the "Hot Seat"?
What coaches are in desperate need of a winning season to retain there job for next season?

*Please stay on topic and stay respectful. :Thumbs:

*Spell check made it wow, my fault. Will someone please change it to who? lol
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:What coaches are in desperate need of a winning season to retain there job for next season?

*Please stay on topic and stay respectful. :Thumbs:

*Spell check made it wow, my fault. Will someone please change it to who? lol

Why even start a thread like this? Coaches go through enough as it is for very little pay. Leave them alone.:please:
argee that not cool they give up so much time for these kids this is my last post for this thread
I won't post, but will give the thread a chance. It's fair to give it a try as long as any comments can be made with solid and sound reasoning without crossing the lines.
Stardust Wrote:I won't post, but will give the thread a chance. It's fair to give it a try as long as any comments can be made with solid and sound reasoning without crossing the lines.

I'll be surprised the line isn't crossed. I've seen this thread fail to keep from doing that way too many times....
easyM Wrote:I'll be surprised the line isn't crossed. I've seen this thread fail to keep from doing that way too many times....

Agreed. I hate to kill it just because I don't like it. We'll let someone else kill it for us.
You know I feel sorry for coaches who have to put up with "fans" who at this point in the season ................... well never mind
Stardust Wrote:Agreed. I hate to kill it just because I don't like it. We'll let someone else kill it for us.

Yeah I know what you mean. Let's just give it awhile. It's coming.lol
nky Wrote:You know I feel sorry for coaches who have to put up with "fans" who at this point in the season ................... well never mind

I know what you're wanting to say. Smart approach, just never mind. You're wise to let it go.....
Wow really? ITS HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS PEOPLE!!! Its not like these guys depend on the check from coaching to support there families! Like Westside said they don't make enough! There teaching salaries do that! This is a game not life and death!
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Wow really? ITS HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS PEOPLE!!! Its not like these guys depend on the check from coaching to support there families! Like Westside said they don't make enough! There teaching salaries do that! This is a game not life and death!

What is the rant for? You created the thread, so who is on the Hotseat? Obviously no one thinks anyone is on the Hotseat! Do you?

This is a Sports blog, where most of the membership is made-up of HS Student Athletes. It is not the place to 1. tear down those same players, 2. tear down the very coaches that they are playing for. If you have something objective, then please enlighten us all with who you feel is on the hotseat and why!
WOW 1 game into the season and you have a thread who is on the hot seat....please be respectful. That's an oxymoron lol!
Well, I'm on the hotseat, I haven't coached in many years, but in my job, I stay in the hotseat, I kinda like it! LOL
This is the most confusing thread I've ever read. :igiveup:
The issue at hand is that very few public high schools will fire a coach for simply wins and losses. Most of the time if a coach gets fired it is because of other problems. Most public schools are just not that worried about the wins and losses as long as the coach doesn't misappropriate funds and runs a clean respectable program. Therefore, if a coach is on the "hot seat" it is probably because of other issues which should not be discussed on this type of forum.
Big Chief Wrote:The issue at hand is that very few public high schools will fire a coach for simply wins and losses. Most of the time if a coach gets fired it is because of other problems. Most public schools are just not that worried about the wins and losses as long as the coach doesn't misappropriate funds and runs a clean respectable program. Therefore, if a coach is on the "hot seat" it is probably because of other issues which should not be discussed on this type of forum.

Very fair statement. Good post :Thumbs:
Westside Wrote:This is the most confusing thread I've ever read. :igiveup:

You're telling me.. /:
Big Chief Wrote:The issue at hand is that very few public high schools will fire a coach for simply wins and losses. Most of the time if a coach gets fired it is because of other problems. Most public schools are just not that worried about the wins and losses as long as the coach doesn't misappropriate funds and runs a clean respectable program. Therefore, if a coach is on the "hot seat" it is probably because of other issues which should not be discussed on this type of forum.

Disagree a little

There are plenty of coaches who are not real good teachers/guidance councilors/administrators or whatever. Heck, some are not even in a classroom at all.

Winning takes care of a lot, people will over look, cover for, etc. as long as you are winning, short of misuse of funds or inappropriate behavior with a student, like you stated.

Start losing, and the bad teacher etc. comes out and they can you or give you the chance to resign.
NEXT Wrote:Disagree a little

There are plenty of coaches who are not real good teachers/guidance councilors/administrators or whatever. Heck, some are not even in a classroom at all.

Winning takes care of a lot, people will over look, cover for, etc. as long as you are winning, short of misuse of funds or inappropriate behavior with a student, like you stated.

Start losing, and the bad teacher etc. comes out and they can you or give you the chance to resign.

A KY high school football coach once said that a Principal that hired him told him that, "You can go 0-12. You can date members of the cheerleading squad. But you can't do both."
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Wow really? ITS HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS PEOPLE!!! Its not like these guys depend on the check from coaching to support there families! Like Westside said they don't make enough! There teaching salaries do that! This is a game not life and death!
:igiveup:I don't get it. You started this. You can't start a thread like this post #1 then post something like this. Doesn't make sense
Unless you want to "start" something and think others will do your dirty work
nky Wrote:Unless you want to "start" something and think others will do your dirty work

Ditto :worthy:
Westside Wrote:A KY high school football coach once said that a Principal that hired him told him that, "You can go 0-12. You can date members of the cheerleading squad. But you can't do both."

Classic right there.
Guy's, I think this one has served it's purpose. It's been up for a few days with no real value. I'm going to put it to rest.