Poll: Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Covington Catholic
10.53%
Lexington Catholic
89.47%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic @ Lexington Catholic 8/28
Can Con Cat recover from the embarrassing loss to Ryle
not this week LC 42, CC 14
I'm not sure it will be that close.
CCH will be embrassed on the field for the second week in a row.
lexcath 54-6
CovCath is the closest thing LexCath has to a rival and the games are always close no matter the sport. I will go with LexCath by a td. CovCath will control the ball most of the game but LexCath's explosiveness will win in the end.
Bluecheese Wrote:CovCath is the closest thing LexCath has to a rival and the games are always close no matter the sport. I will go with LexCath by a td. CovCath will control the ball most of the game but LexCath's explosiveness will win in the end.

I get the whole "rivals play each other close" thing (although that hasn't worked out too well for CovCath against another rival over the last several years), but what other than possible fan optimism makes you think CovCath will be able to control the ball on LexCath when they couldn't control the ball on Ryle? Is LexCath's defense that much worse than Ryle's? If you don't mind the asking, what's the rationale for your thinking that CovCath will be able to control the ball most of the game?
Lex Cath by 40.
I don't know anything about CovCath this year except what I read hear and other forums. In the past CovCath has been able to run on LexCath pretty well. CovCath always seems to be more of a power team then LexCath. LexCath will need to be patient on offense early or they could be in for a surprise. On the other hand, LexCath seems to have a lot of offensive weapons this year and I expect some big plays as the game goes on.
CovCath will not get embarassed this week. Ryle had some extra motivation from an article in the newspaper last week so they poured it on in 4th. With that being said LexCath will but in a close one
I'll take Catholic by 14, Lexington Catholic that is.
Lex Cath 49-7
i will go with Catholic in this one:biggrin: