Poll: Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cincinnati Aiken
33.33%
Newport Catholic
66.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati Aiken @ Newport Catholic 8/27
NCC with the come from behind victory hosts a solid Cincinnati team
Tough call, so the homer in me says NewCath.
Kelly will have a big game for the Breds. NCC by 14
I'll go with Aiken.
Westside Wrote:I'll go with Aiken.

never heard of them any way i go with ncc by1
I remember Whitley playing Aiken twice in the same year, first and last games of the regular season, and i also remember that last game of the season was suppose to be there last game ever played because there football team did not have the funds to keep going another year, talented team but Whitley beat them twice in the same year home and away, did they recently start back up a football program?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I remember Whitley playing Aiken twice in the same year, first and last games of the regular season, and i also remember that last game of the season was suppose to be there last game ever played because there football team did not have the funds to keep going another year, talented team but Whitley beat them twice in the same year home and away, did they recently start back up a football program?

Started back up in 2007. Went 3-7 that first year and has had a slow climb back. The lost a lot of athletes who transferred to Mt. Healthy & Lockland.
Stardust Wrote:Started back up in 2007. Went 3-7 that first year and has had a slow climb back. The lost a lot of athletes who transferred to Mt. Healthy & Lockland.

Thats good to hear. They seemed very passionate about playing but didnt seem like they really had enough support, fan/community wise, or administration wise. Also, I recall walking down to there football field. It was something else, I think you had to walk through the woods to get there on this little path and that night it was a sloppy mess due to the rain and how all the water seemed to run right down to the field which set lower than the school.
But, the thing I most remember was there coach, ill never forget how, at the end of the game, he brought all of his players in and said were gonna do some good ole fashion up downs right not to end this thing, and so the coach, who was dressed for success to the first big flop in the mud, then the players followed.
Hope NCC wins it for Ky.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Hope NCC wins it for Ky.
NCC should win this hands down. NCC will not miss a beat with the new coach