Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kings Island to unveil 'tallest' ride
MASON - Kings Island will add a new thrill ride for 2011 that will “change the skyline” of the park.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100...llest-ride

Park officials said they will announce plans for the ride at a press conference on Tuesday.

The type of ride is unclear, and Kings Island is giving few hints on the subject.

“The only thing I can tell you is that it will stand taller than Diamondback,” said Don Helbig, Kings Island spokesman.

That suggests the new ride will be taller than 230 feet – the height of Diamondback’s initial hill.

Diamondback, a $22 million steel roller coaster, opened in 2009 and is the park’s last major addition.
Ever since the company that owns Cedar Point bought Kings Island, it has been getting better.
I've never been, I'm going in early October for my girlfriends' birthday though. She goes almost every year, and loves it. We're going mainly for the haunted house thing they'll have going, but we're going to ride some rides to. I wish they had built this this year.
Cedar Point is the best amusement park in the world so it is no surprise that after Cedar Fair (owners of cedar point) takes control, coasters go up and the park gets better and better. Since they took over Kings Island, they have got Skyhawk from another park, Diamondback, and now this new one. It is pretty exciting.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Taller than 230 ft sounds pretty crazy.
vundy33 Wrote:I've never been, I'm going in early October for my girlfriends' birthday though. She goes almost every year, and loves it. We're going mainly for the haunted house thing they'll have going, but we're going to ride some rides to. I wish they had built this this year.

You will enjoy it. I guess being from this area, we kind of take it for granted.
My woman said the Diamondback was crazy as ****. I'd say this one will make it look like a *****.
Photo's of what Windseeker will look like: http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...s=Itemnr=5
^ WOW.. That looks like a ride where someone would pee on theirself.. That's a pretty good distance up in the sky. Geez, if a man was to fall off of that I'd say your done.
Ballers Wrote:^ WOW.. That looks like a ride where someone would pee on theirself.. That's a pretty good distance up in the sky. Geez, if a man was to fall off of that I'd say your done.

no doubt lol..
Went to Kings Island last month, and I have a huge thrill for rollercoasters, rode the diamondback twice right in the front seat, which is the way to go, and one of those times was at night which was awesome to. So I am definitely looking forward to riding this beast of a coaster! Looks like a great ride!
Last time I was at Kings Island about 2 years ago. My favorite ride was the Firehawk. So I can't wait to go back and ride this ride.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Cedar Point is the best place on the planet. I made the mistake of going there before going to Kings Island, and so now I hate Kings Island.. lol The rides are too rough and old. But since Cedar Fair took over, things are looking alot better. The Diamondback is Cedar Point quality. Until you've ridden the 420 foot tall, 120 mph Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point, youve not lived!!
and for the record, Cedar Point is getting a Windseeker next year too!! Yay! Less than a month before my second trip this year to CP!
You people are crazy.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You people are crazy.

lol :Thumbs: