Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valey @ Lawrence CO. 01-09-2006!
Lets here it how many think LC can get back on the winning ways?
That should be a close one...it depends on s.v.'s seniors, if they step-up they'll win
SV lost to Hazard, Magoffin County, Betsy Layne and Sheldon Clark.
The Dawgs have lost nearly every game - and I heard that they had several players quit.
I'll take valley if they are at home. Otherwise I think the Dawgs got a slight advantage in Louisa.
Hard one to pick.
SV by 6
"usedupbutnotfinished" Wrote:SV lost to Hazard, Magoffin County, Betsy Layne and Sheldon Clark.
The Dawgs have lost nearly every game - and I heard that they had several players quit.
I'll take valley if they are at home. Otherwise I think the Dawgs got a slight advantage in Louisa.
Hard one to pick.
To start with you need to only post information that is correct. They have not had several people quit, they two players removed from the team and it was the coaches that removed him, and there is no need to go into why because that is personal information.
Well lets see here our opponents have a combined record of 79-57
Shelby Valley is 43-71
So I would say we have played a lot tougher schedule than Shelby Valley.
Lawrence Co by 23
LC has had a rough road to travel, but they are improving every game so I would go with LC on this one.
have to go with the Dawgs
hopefully sv
I think it was stupid fo the coaches to remove thoughs players i mean look how good they were when they had them on the team. i mean when they played jc they set both of them down in a tight game and look they ended up getting blown out.
"Lcfan40" Wrote:I think it was stupid fo the coaches to remove thoughs players i mean look how good they were when they had them on the team. i mean when they played jc they set both of them down in a tight game and look they ended up getting blown out.

^^^:lame: ^^^
Apparently you don't know the reasoning behind the removal. There's more to life than winning a ballgame, Coach A tries to make them upstanding citizens who can contribute to the community and have a successful life AFTER high school.I think he did the what he needed to do since the boys left him very little choice after he tried to help them.
L.C. by 5
yes true there is more to life than winning a ballgame but thats what the coach is supposed to do isnt it. He's not there parents. He's hired to win games not to be there parents or anything.
If he was hired to to help kids with there problems then maybe he's in the wrong profession the he should be a pshycologist. They didn't hire him as that they hired as a coach and thats it.
So the only thing a coach is there to do is to win a game? Well that may be your opinion but its definitely not mine. To a lot of kids a coach is way more than just some guy yelling at them to win a game. To some kids he may be the only positive male adult in their life, to others he may be the only adult he can talk to, to another he may be the only adult who gives a crap if the kids makes something of his life and to some kid he may be all of these to him. A coach has to be ready to be all of these things. Its also the coach's responsibility to make sure his team is in a safe enviroment with positive influence for his kids since he is setting an example for every kid on his team, sometimes tough decisions have to be made for the better of the team not just a couple of kids who think they can do whatever they want with no consequences.I for one am proud to have a coach who cares as much about the welfare of his players as he does about winning a game!
"bballmama" Wrote:So the only thing a coach is there to do is to win a game? Well that may be your opinion but its definitely not mine. To a lot of kids a coach is way more than just some guy yelling at them to win a game. To some kids he may be the only positive male adult in their life, to others he may be the only adult he can talk to, to another he may be the only adult who gives a crap if the kids makes something of his life and to some kid he may be all of these to him. A coach has to be ready to be all of these things. Its also the coach's responsibility to make sure his team is in a safe enviroment with positive influence for his kids since he is setting an example for every kid on his team, sometimes tough decisions have to be made for the better of the team not just a couple of kids who think they can do whatever they want with no consequences.I for one am proud to have a coach who cares as much about the welfare of his players as he does about winning a game!

Agree 100% bballmama
Should be a good game but im gonna go with lawrence co
I'll go with the home team by double digits...
All I know is I talked to one of them and he advised me that this is the best week of practice they have had since the season started.
Shelby Valley in a close game
LC by 3 in O.T.
How about some game updates?