Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Thinks Coach Holcomb Should Be Replaced As Head Coach at Breathitt?
I Think his run is over! Time for some new blood in town? What does everyone else think? He needs to play talent over politics and we may win some games this year!
Factsonly Wrote:I Think his run is over! Time for some new blood in town? What does everyone else think? He needs to play talent over politics and we may win some games this year!

Holcomb IS Breathitt Football..3 State titles and one runner-up
Factsonly Wrote:I Think his run is over! Time for some new blood in town? What does everyone else think? He needs to play talent over politics and we may win some games this year!
I'll have to disagree I don't always see eye to eye with every thing he does, but he is a proven winner and he is a great movation coach and he has won 3 state titles and has change his offense numerous times so that teams can't say that he's predictible. I do think that he has got a little soft in his older years but they are different types of kids this days and he still a great coach. He is a hall fame coach and I totally disagree.:ChairHit::ChairHit:
Are you serious lol. He should walk away when he wants! The man has taken a program in a small little town and made it a state champ multiple times! Small towns dream of getting to the big show once. To get there as many times as he has and to win it 2 of them. He deserves way more respect than you are giving him!
Of course there's always somebody out there better. Might want to watch what you wish for!
This may be the most ignorant thread in history. Wasn't he in the state finals year before last. He has won three state titles. My goodness, one mediocre season(by Breathitt standards) and people are ready to run him off. Breathitt County is not big enough(population) that the talent is going to be state championship material every year. As far as being soft, most male coaches get softer as they get older when it comes to kids. That is nature. You cannot treat kids like coaches did 20 and 30 years ago. They are a lot more spoiled and babyish and cannot handle it. Unless he has four or five losing seasons in a role, I feel like he has earned the right to stay until he feels like quitting.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Holcomb IS Breathitt Football..3 State titles and one runner-up

Exactly!

Breathitt County football would be nothing without Mike Holcomb.

Breathitt County is one of the top 10 most prestigious teams in EKY and I don't think anyone can argue that. Plus Breathitt has produced many college football players at all levels.

Holcomb is one of the best active coaches in the state.
Not I. Surely the OP is not serious?
I would say "SECRETLY" a lot of Coaches and Schools would like to see Coach Holcomb gone!
OrangenowBlue Wrote:This may be the most ignorant thread in history. Wasn't he in the state finals year before last. He has won three state titles. My goodness, one mediocre season(by Breathitt standards) and people are ready to run him off. Breathitt County is not big enough(population) that the talent is going to be state championship material every year. As far as being soft, most male coaches get softer as they get older when it comes to kids. That is nature. You cannot treat kids like coaches did 20 and 30 years ago. They are a lot more spoiled and babyish and cannot handle it. Unless he has four or five losing seasons in a role, I feel like he has earned the right to stay until he feels like quitting.

:Thumbs: Good post
Stupidity at its finest! Why don't you go ahead and fire Coach
A post calling for Holcomb's resignation while citing "playing talent over politics.".... have you tried meeting with the Coach and asking him personally why your son is not getting playing time and what he should improve on to start earning it instead of trying to anonymously create controversy on a public message board?

Just throwing it out there Wink
Sorry, posted without finishing. Why don't you go ahead and fire Coach Cal while you are at it, after all, he didn't win it all. Stupid thread.
Dang it Stardust!

We just had a thread about not posting naked women in your signature and there you go and put naked dudes in yours!

Smile
PaytoPlay Wrote:Dang it Stardust!

We just had a thread about not posting naked women in your signature and there you go and put naked dudes in yours!

Smile

Lol - I just made a comment to the other Mods that I am hopefull that no one meant that they didn't want to see Dusty in his tighty-whitey's and his KEG hanging out :biggrin:

Are you wanting the job or something? This reminds me of last year when Florida State forced out Bobby Bowden. Coach Holcomb deserves to stay as long as he wants.
Maybe you will find happiness at another school. Or maybe you already have. I'm sure there's no politics and favoritism anywhere other than Breathitt. Holcomb is one of the most successful coaches in Ky. Let him decide when it's time to go.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Holcomb IS Breathitt Football..3 State titles and one runner-up

this is tru Breathitt football would be down for a long time is Holcomb left...even though they think Breathitt is down this year...they are still gonna be hard to beat becuz Holcomb knows how to coach...
Yeah Holcomb needs to be replaced......
I think Phil Jackson needs to be replaced too....

Is this some kind of joke?
zaga_fan Wrote:Yeah Holcomb needs to be replaced......
I think Phil Jackson needs to be replaced too....

Is this some kind of joke?

i kno this thread shouldnt have even been made...Holcomb is BREATHITT
If your post was true - his results would have shown it. Wins come when talent plays and politics sit in the stands.
Football1 Wrote:If your post was true - his results would have shown it. Wins come when talent plays and politics sit in the stands.

:Thumbs:
killerb Wrote:I would say "SECRETLY" a lot of Coaches and Schools would like to see Coach Holcomb gone!

So they could hire him in a heartbeat.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:So they could hire him in a heartbeat.

:Thumbs: yeah what team wouldnt want him as a coach?
I think Chapman had a lot to do with Breathitt's success. I am not saying that Mike is not a good coach, but he had other good coaches when the team won titles. With that being said, Mike has earned the right to name the time and place that he will step aside.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

You are kidding right?? Mike has been around for years and years. When the program first got it legs under Dudley Hilton Mike was his asst. He is the reason Breathit is Breathit.
In reply to the OP, probably most of the teams on their schedule.
RoShamBo Wrote:In reply to the OP, probably most of the teams on their schedule.

more like every team...

So let me guess.Your son aint getting to start?And let me guess...you are his mommy and you know more about football than a coaching legend.We all want to see our kids succeed but this post is stupid.You probly already know that by now with all the other responses.BYE BYE :flush:
I think this one has ran its course.....