Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DuPont Manual
16.67%
Highlands
83.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DuPont Manual @ Highlands 8/20
Thoughts/Predictions?
Rams have a lot prove but the Bluebirds are still rolling 28-14
rams 21-17
Birds are at home for this one. Was close last year at Manual. Birds D is stout. HHS 29, Manual 6.
I'm holding back all predicted scores until Saturday morning....
HHS wins this one 35-13. The Birds' D is amazing, and the O has been going against them in practice everyday. Manual will be a stout challenge but will not be able to score enough to pull the upset. Towles throws for 2 scores and runs for another TD.
Highlands should win, but no way I'll hazard a guess on the final score. The Birds were shaky early on last year, partly because of new players plugging holes left by graduation, but also because Dale was deliberately leaving Bardo out of the running game in preparation for St. X. I doubt that anything will be held back this year, and I suspect that Manual may find that they have a tiger by the tail quite early. It may not be as speedy as the beast from last year, but it should be quite a bit brawnier.
horst muhlmann Wrote:Birds are at home for this one. Was close last year at Manual. Birds D is stout. HHS 29, Manual 6.

Highlands D did not look stout tonight. The O looked way ahead of the D at this point.
horst muhlmann Wrote:HHS wins this one 35-13. The Birds' D is amazing, and the O has been going against them in practice everyday. Manual will be a stout challenge but will not be able to score enough to pull the upset. Towles throws for 2 scores and runs for another TD.

The D is far from amazing at this point of the season. I think Towles will throw for 3-4 scores, he throws a great ball.
HIghlands 28-7
I'll take the Bluebirds by 17.

Best of luck to both!
Highlands
42-28. Birds
^ I don't see Manual scoring more than 17 points