Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville College 7-on-7 - Letcher Central wins
Letcher Central won the 7 on 7 beating Johnson Central in the finales at Pikeville College today, sure felt good to see some footbball
Who all was there?
Letcher 1@2
Prestonsburg 1@2
Johnson Central
Pikeville
What were the results of each game?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What were the results of each game?

Letcher #1 and Johnson Central were the best teams by far.Letcher #2 (all freshman except 1 kid) was defeated by Prestonsburg on the last play of the game after Letcher knocked a pass down in the end zone and it landed in the hands of a Prestonburg reciever that was lying on the ground (was very exciting). Then Letcher #1 beat Prestonsburg by about 6 td's and Johnson Central beat Pikeville by about the same score. In the final game Letcher beat Johnson Central by a 1 td.
I was very impressed with LCC. I thought their skilled guys worked extremely hard out there today.
What happened to Prestonsburg? They usually are the top 7 on 7 in state.
Is this mostly trowing the ball if so then I am impressed that JC did that well. How did they look Trowing the ball?
LCC needs to improve on their passing game and looks like this is a good start. Logan Johnson's year to blossom as QB.
sportscritic Wrote:What happened to Prestonsburg? They usually are the top 7 on 7 in state.

What State?
Did Jessie Rose participate any for Letcher? Has he recovered from the leg break?
BB CLAW Wrote:Did Jessie Rose participate any for Letcher? Has he recovered from the leg break?

Jessie looks good and was really impressive, he will be a key for the cougars this year. Letcher really missed him during the playoffs
French For President Wrote:What State?

Prestonsburg has made it to the semi's and finals many times at UK/Louisville passing camps, they even won the UL passing camp in '04 I think.

But we are working in a new quarterback over a 3-year starter in Burchett.

Congrats to Letcher Central and best of luck to all teams this upcoming season!
Agreed...Letcher and Johnson Central were the best two teams there. In Pool play, Johnson Central beat Letcher Central in the first game of the morning though...so they split on the day..let's not just let on like they only played in the championship. Letcher won the pool they were in due to points scored I believe...not sure how they got the first round bye in the tourney. Regardless though, they have some really good looking athletes and should win their district IMO.

Johnson Central was a surprise though. A team that threw the ball only around 10-20 times last season looked like they do it all the time and passed effectively all day. Pretty good for a team that just runs it down the other team's throat. Had a chance for the win at the end of the game but an incomplete pass on 3rd and short.

Overall, it was a good day of football and all teams got a lot of good work going into practice starting tomorrow.
I am glad to hear the Cougars did well. Now lets see how they operate behind a line. Again it will not matter how much we can score if we can't stop the opponent from doing so.