Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Talent in the 15th
Just wondering what we have to look forward to for the next few years. here are a few that I think might stand out:

Justin Blanton(Johnson Central)
McKenzie Carter(Pikeville)
Matt Fyffe(Johnson Central)
From what I hear about Justin Blanton, he could be just as good as Adam.

McKenzie Carter definitely has the potential and work ethic to become a very solid pitcher.

The 15th Region should continue to be very competitive in the next couple of years.
Yeah Mckenzie Carter will make a very good pitcher if he keeps at it (ashter)
Anyone know what kind of young talent schools like paintsville and sheldon clark have coming up?
McKenzie Carter (Pikeville)
John Michael Mayo (Pikeville)

Both will probably get to pitch some this year and definetly will be big game starters in the future.
Absolutely they will, both been playing this game since they were little and with the rest of Pikevilles Star cast they make things happen
I know Carter was clocked at his highest around 81-82. Mayo has been clocked at mid to high 70's. Both are sophomores, and have been working out all winter together! I look forward to seeing what these two can do this year and in the future!
talk about a Dynamic Duo......(how i do love Alliteration)......Is it true that Carter and Mayo are related?
do Pikeville have any freshman that may get to see some playing time this year?
Will Ward for Pikeville shows alot of talent-with hard work he could become a very solid player
so does watson ritchie
but he plays all three sports so he doesnt get much time to improve on his game...only during baseball season
Kylie Schmidt has a better chance of getting playin time than Watson Ritchie by the way who is Watson Ritchie all i heard is he has no talent in ne of the 3 sports he plays...
"G*O*A*T" Wrote:Kylie Schmidt has a better chance of getting playin time than Watson Ritchie by the way who is Watson Ritchie all i heard is he has no talent in ne of the 3 sports he plays...

haha well if he is this bad then he shouldnt even be on the high school team
but who knows
maybe some good things will come from him in the future...but maybe not only time will tell
will ward does have talent tho
Both have potential for the future....

On the other hand neither will see any action in varsity play this season! Nice try with the posting fellas...But you might want to watch out on tooting your own horn so hard!
HAHA! :lol:
"BaseballFan13" Wrote:Both have potential for the future....

On the other hand neither will see any action in varsity play this season! Nice try with the posting fellas...But you might want to watch out on tooting your own horn so hard!
HAHA! :lol:

I didnt expect either to get to see any varsity action this season...although Ritchie did get to pinch run one time in a varisty game last season...lol...but your right they have potential but they will have to work their butts off
THey both play very well against their own age group but i dont think they are quite ready for the high school level yet
good post BF13
I didnt write anything about myself????
BaseballFan13,
you are right about the other stuff though....
Mark Bartley, Caleb Epling-freshamn
Jerran Robinson, Hank Simpson, David Ratliff-spphmores
East Ridge
"Jesus Shuttlesworth" Wrote:Mark Bartley, Caleb Epling-freshamn
East Ridge
...Never heard of any of 'em... :?:
I have heard of one of them and the one i have heard about i dont even think is even playing
they are all playing and they are all good.
But the only two that will see a lot of varsity time on the field this year is Robinson and Simpson.
"Jesus Shuttlesworth" Wrote:they are all playing and they are all good.
But the only two that will see a lot of varsity time on the field this year is Robinson and Simpson.

Well...How 'bout we wait and see them play. Then we we will talk about whether they are any good or not.
well how "bout" we do that with all these boys then?
if you watched ER at all last year you would know that Robinson started against Pikeville on 2nd base 2 times as a freshman.
Baseballfan13, just because you've never heard of any of them doesn't mean that they arent any good. Im pretty sure you're not a scout that frequently watches all the teams in the 15th, because there isn't one haha. I also dont see why JS should hold off suggesting players who he thinks are good just because you havent watched them play.
shelby valley and pikeville both have tons of athletes coming in but i dont see many playing at valley but pikeville will have a heck of a team in a couple years
pikeville will probably always have a good baseball team.
you got that right kyfootballfan
but they will have a heck of a team this year!
brennan case(bl)
jd vanhoose(paintsville) both these teams have a bright future
"Jesus Shuttlesworth" Wrote:Mark Bartley, Caleb Epling-freshamn
East Ridge

Mark Bartley hasnt came to practice. Caleb Epling, Jerran Robinson, and David Ratliff are all playing. Hank Simpson is NOT playing. The only player on this list that is worth mention is Jerran Robinson, and he has a possible shot at playing some 2nd base this year. But the best young player from ER hasn't been mentioned yet...Andrew Robinson. He will get the most playing time of any freshman or sophmore this year. He will probably be an everyday starter, replacing Robbie Spears at first base. Andrew is a really good hitter, he got some at bats last year, and he should have a spot in the starting rotation for East Ridge. Look out for him to be one of the better young players in the region.
Mark Bartley probably hasn't came to practice because of basketball.