Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kendall Noble transfers to Perry Co. Central
zaga_fan Wrote:Is everyone really serious about PCC playing for a state championship?!?!
The team they had in 04 was pretty much walked through the 14th but they still didn't manage to compete at state.

I do not know what you consider a walk through. They had to come back in the last minute to beat Whitesburg on Perry Central's home floor.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I do not know what you consider a walk through. They had to come back in the last minute to beat Whitesburg on Perry Central's home floor.

I remember it very well, Brittany Baker came up very big late in that game.
but Perry Central was by far the best team in the region that year.
You are correct. That is also the last time Randy has won the regional championship. Is Bowen eligible as doesn't she already live in Perry County's school district.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I do not know what you consider a walk through. They had to come back in the last minute to beat Whitesburg on Perry Central's home floor.

I just looked at the scoreboards on KHSAA and it looks like Whitesburg had a pretty good team that year as well.
Perry Central's record and schedule were still a little better, but definitely wasn't by as much as I thought.

Here was PCCs schedule from KHSAA that year. It looks like Sacred Heart had their number. Was Carlie Ormerod on that team?

Dec 5, 03 Monticello home 87 - 63 (W)
Dec 6, 03 Whitesburg home 71 - 68 (W)
Dec 11, 03 Leslie County home 82 - 48 (W)
Dec 13, 03 Holy Cross (Covington) at Holmes 49 - 74 (L)
Dec 20, 03 Middlesboro at Gatlinburg, TN 2 - 0 (W) (forfeit)
Dec 22, 03 Hart County at Gatlinburg, TN 71 - 56 (W)
Dec 23, 03 Bullitt East at Gatlinburg, TN 74 - 67 (W)
Jan 3, 04 West Carter at Ashland Blazer 83 - 58 (W)
Jan 6, 04 June Buchanan home 81 - 21 (W)
Jan 10, 04 Buckhorn away 92 - 21 (W)
Jan 12, 04 Breathitt County away 69 - 41 (W)
Jan 15, 04 Hazard away 77 - 38 (W)
Jan 17, 04 Bryan Station at Henry Clay 68 - 46 (W)
Jan 20, 04 Knott County Central home 74 - 65 (W)
Jan 24, 04 Leslie County away 69 - 54 (W)
Jan 27, 04 Jackson County home 68 - 58 (W)
Jan 30, 04 Sacred Heart at Bellarmine University 53 - 68 (L)
Feb 3, 04 North Laurel home 84 - 54 (W)
Feb 5, 04 Knott County Central away 75 - 47 (W)
Feb 7, 04 Powell County home 81 - 50 (W)
Feb 10, 04 South Laurel home 57 - 54 (W)
Feb 13, 04 Hazard home 85 - 33 (W)
Feb 16, 04 Powell County away 96 - 38 (W)
Feb 19, 04 Owsley County home 68 - 42 (W)
Feb 21, 04 Sacred Heart at Lexington Catholic 45 - 81 (L)
Feb 23, 04 Buckhorn home 94 - 22 (W)
Feb 24, 04 Breathitt County home 78 - 43 (W)
Mar 1, 04 Buckhorn at Leslie County 88 - 23 (W) 54th District
Mar 4, 04 Leslie County away 82 - 57 (W) 54th District
Mar 10, 04 Breathitt County at Perry Co. Central 86 - 32 (W) 14th Region
Mar 15, 04 Jenkins at Perry Co. Central 89 - 64 (W) 14th Region
Mar 16, 04 Whitesburg at Perry Co. Central 61 - 57 (W) 14th Region
Mar 24, 04 Lexington Catholic at E. A. Diddle Arena, Bowling Green 40 - 54 (L) Houchens Industries/KHSAA Girls Sweet Sixteen® Basketball Tournament
OrangenowBlue Wrote:You are correct. That is also the last time Randy has won the regional championship. Is Bowen eligible as doesn't she already live in Perry County's school district.

No idea.
If not, I would imagine a hearing for the appeal would be happening soon.
zaga_fan Wrote:I just looked at the scoreboards on KHSAA and it looks like Whitesburg had a pretty good team that year as well.
Perry Central's record and schedule were still a little better, but definitely wasn't by as much as I thought.

Here was PCCs schedule from KHSAA that year. It looks like Sacred Heart had their number. Was Carlie Ormerod on that team?

Dec 5, 03 Monticello home 87 - 63 (W)
Dec 6, 03 Whitesburg home 71 - 68 (W)
Dec 11, 03 Leslie County home 82 - 48 (W)
Dec 13, 03 Holy Cross (Covington) at Holmes 49 - 74 (L)
Dec 20, 03 Middlesboro at Gatlinburg, TN 2 - 0 (W) (forfeit)
Dec 22, 03 Hart County at Gatlinburg, TN 71 - 56 (W)
Dec 23, 03 Bullitt East at Gatlinburg, TN 74 - 67 (W)
Jan 3, 04 West Carter at Ashland Blazer 83 - 58 (W)
Jan 6, 04 June Buchanan home 81 - 21 (W)
Jan 10, 04 Buckhorn away 92 - 21 (W)
Jan 12, 04 Breathitt County away 69 - 41 (W)
Jan 15, 04 Hazard away 77 - 38 (W)
Jan 17, 04 Bryan Station at Henry Clay 68 - 46 (W)
Jan 20, 04 Knott County Central home 74 - 65 (W)
Jan 24, 04 Leslie County away 69 - 54 (W)
Jan 27, 04 Jackson County home 68 - 58 (W)
Jan 30, 04 Sacred Heart at Bellarmine University 53 - 68 (L)
Feb 3, 04 North Laurel home 84 - 54 (W)
Feb 5, 04 Knott County Central away 75 - 47 (W)
Feb 7, 04 Powell County home 81 - 50 (W)
Feb 10, 04 South Laurel home 57 - 54 (W)
Feb 13, 04 Hazard home 85 - 33 (W)
Feb 16, 04 Powell County away 96 - 38 (W)
Feb 19, 04 Owsley County home 68 - 42 (W)
Feb 21, 04 Sacred Heart at Lexington Catholic 45 - 81 (L)
Feb 23, 04 Buckhorn home 94 - 22 (W)
Feb 24, 04 Breathitt County home 78 - 43 (W)
Mar 1, 04 Buckhorn at Leslie County 88 - 23 (W) 54th District
Mar 4, 04 Leslie County away 82 - 57 (W) 54th District
Mar 10, 04 Breathitt County at Perry Co. Central 86 - 32 (W) 14th Region
Mar 15, 04 Jenkins at Perry Co. Central 89 - 64 (W) 14th Region
Mar 16, 04 Whitesburg at Perry Co. Central 61 - 57 (W) 14th Region
Mar 24, 04 Lexington Catholic at E. A. Diddle Arena, Bowling Green 40 - 54 (L) Houchens Industries/KHSAA Girls Sweet Sixteen® Basketball Tournament

Yes she was. I believe she was a Junior. Whitesburg played Sacred Heard at their gym the following year and Ormerod was on that team.
zaga_fan Wrote:No idea.
If not, I would imagine a hearing for the appeal would be happening soon.
Somewhat stated that she was living in Perry County's school district when she went Breathitt County. If she transfers back to Perry County Central, she has to have an address change to another school district. There has to be a move or extinuating circumstances(they have to be pretty serious)
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Somewhat stated that she was living in Perry County's school district when she went Breathitt County. If she transfers back to Perry County Central, she has to have an address change to another school district. There has to be a move or extinuating circumstances(they have to be pretty serious)

If she does in fact live in the district I would imagine she would just have to say something like they couldn't afford the gas to get her to school and games and such.
I've seen stuff like that happen before.
There was a Duke player that moved to a local college and cited that as his reason. The NCAA granted his request without a hearing.
zaga_fan Wrote:Is everyone really serious about PCC playing for a state championship?!?!
The team they had in 04 was pretty much walked through the 14th but they still didn't manage to compete at state.

i'm saying now is a good time to kick into high gear to go to state. i'm not saying that it'll be easy but i believe they can do it. this will also call for Randy to get some good games to test the skills of his players during the season....if he does this it will better prepare his team for region and state.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Somewhat stated that she was living in Perry County's school district when she went Breathitt County. If she transfers back to Perry County Central, she has to have an address change to another school district. There has to be a move or extinuating circumstances(they have to be pretty serious)

I'm pretty sure she moved because of trouble she got in. She tried to run over a fellow student down at the park in Jackson. I was there and saw the whole thing, it was pretty animated.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:I'm pretty sure she moved because of trouble she got in. She tried to run over a fellow student down at the park in Jackson. I was there and saw the whole thing, it was pretty animated.

:dontthink that wasnt kendall at all it was another student trying to run over a guy for hitting one of her friends...i dont blame the student. Hitting girls is a sick thing to do...but it wasnt kendall anyway
holly Wrote:I have an idea. Let's call this the Kendall Noble bluegrass website and tell the other teams in the state they need not play their season schedule this year because PCC is going to win their district, their region, and the state. There is no reason to have these other girls get their hopes up or even try to win any games since you have already predicted failure for them. There is such a thing as an upset.

Sounds good.
Againstme! Wrote::dontthink that wasnt kendall at all it was another student trying to run over a guy for hitting one of her friends...i dont blame the student. Hitting girls is a sick thing to do...but it wasnt kendall anyway

I know it wasn't Kendall, I thought you all were talking about Kbo, and why she moved. Kbo was the girl who tried to run over another girl that went to school with her at Breathitt.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:I know it wasn't Kendall, I thought you all were talking about Kbo, and why she moved. Kbo was the girl who tried to run over another girl that went to school with her at Breathitt.

yeah it was Kbo...i still dont blame her...lol
This is for all coaches in the 13th, 14th, and 15th region. It has been reported by several local weather personnel that it will be raining girls basketball players over Wal-Mart in Hazard on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Large clouds full of players were seen coming in that direction. It is requested that you bring one of the following: a large garbage can, large fishnet, or a sheet that will not break. The following times listed below are:

Guards: Today 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.

Forwards: Thursday, 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.

Centers: Friday, 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.

The KHSAA has set a limit of one player per team unless that player averaged 5 pts per game or less last year or is under 5'0 ft tall. Then you would be allowed two.

They will also have Randy Napier present on those three days giving lessons on "the appropriate way to fishnet an all-stater falling from the sky." The cost for the lessons is $50.00
Wow..
OrangenowBlue Wrote:This is for all coaches in the 13th, 14th, and 15th region. It has been reported by several local weather personnel that it will be raining girls basketball players over Wal-Mart in Hazard on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Large clouds full of players were seen coming in that direction. It is requested that you bring one of the following: a large garbage can, large fishnet, or a sheet that will not break. The following times listed below are:

The KHSAA has set a limit of one player per team unless that player averaged 5 pts per game or less last year or is under 5'0 ft tall. Then you would be allowed two.

They will also have Randy Napier present on those three days giving lessons on "the appropriate way to fishnet an all-stater falling from the sky." The cost for the lessons is $50.00

hahaha.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:This is for all coaches in the 13th, 14th, and 15th region. It has been reported by several local weather personnel that it will be raining girls basketball players over Wal-Mart in Hazard on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Large clouds full of players were seen coming in that direction. It is requested that you bring one of the following: a large garbage can, large fishnet, or a sheet that will not break. The following times listed below are:

:thatsfunn its funny, but so true...
Every team gets transfers. Hazard boys basketball gets players to "fall from the sky", seems like every year.
Aslan Wrote:Every team gets transfers. Hazard boys basketball gets players to "fall from the sky", seems like every year.

:Thumbs:
Occasionally a cloud strays into another county but most of the time they have a tendency to congregate in the Perry County/Hazard area. This is the reason it is taking place at Wal-Mart in Hazard, not at the Wal-Marts in Jackson and Whitesburg.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Occasionally a cloud strays into another county but most of the time they have a tendency to congregate in the Perry County/Hazard area. This is the reason it is taking place at Wal-Mart in Hazard, not at the Wal-Marts in Jackson and Whitesburg.

yeah even though the wal mart in jackson is the best wal mart in history...but not really.

For the $50 fee do all players get a t-shirt?
Benchwarmer Wrote:For the $50 fee do all players get a t-shirt?

they should due to the $50 fee.
Benchwarmer Wrote:For the $50 fee do all players get a t-shirt?

No, the coaches get the shirts. The shirts will have on them "Perry Central 2011 14th region champs". Rumor has it that Sportworld in Hazard already has them made and ready to go.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:No, the coaches get the shirts. The shirts will have on them "Perry Central 2011 14th region champs". Rumor has it that Sportworld in Hazard already has them made and ready to go.

OMG i heard that....lol :lmao:
I think someone in this thread is a little upset Kendall didn't end up at Letcher like some ppl said.
mountaingurl_32 Wrote:i know that everybody is hyped up about the whole situation but what ever happened to loyalty around here. Kendall had been at Breathitt how long? if i was gonna move i would at least have a good reason and why stay in the 14th region. it ain't like she is gonna have more colleges or schools looking at her at pcc than what she had at breathitt.

cougarpride08 Wrote:Good Point!

Yeah I agree! It's deffinetly an excellent addition for PCC but the choice doesn't make much sense.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
king360 Wrote:I think someone in this thread is a little upset Kendall didn't end up at Letcher like some ppl said.

:Thumbs:
king360 Wrote:I think someone in this thread is a little upset Kendall didn't end up at Letcher like some ppl said.

:please:You need to do your homework as I was one of the first to state when those rumors were circulating that she would not be at Letcher Central. I am just having a little fun with the ludicrous statements by ole Rando and the fact that he probably believes that people actually believe them. Check out the thread about 14th region coaches and players leaving and transferring.