Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Vs. Greenup County. (2nd Round State)
Who goes to the Final 4.
Pikeville in a close one 6-5. Both teams are solid as they showed in the first round today.
Pikeville hasnt played the competion GC has, and doesnt have the experience GC does. This most or GC's seniors 3rd time at Applebees Park. GC by 5.
My heart says Pikeville, but my head says Greenup. Greenup in a close one...
who's pitching?
Cecil can come back as he only pitched 5 innings.... He only needs 1 day rest and he'll have that tomorrow.... I have no clue who they will pitch but to me, it don't matter.... let em' hit it... the defense can take care of hits...... These boys will go in with the right mindset and this in itself is a game breaker.... Believe me.... I KNOW!!!

Good luck Panthers!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Kosar Wrote:Pikeville hasnt played the competion GC has, and doesnt have the experience GC does. This most or GC's seniors 3rd time at Applebees Park. GC by 5.

i believe that what the PCC fans said that Pikeville hadnt played anyone, i guess we will see. go Pikeville
Without the help of 4 errors, the PCC game is a different story. GC won't be impacted by the first-time jitters that hurt PCC in the first half of the game. GC has a lot of experience playing at this level. Don't let a bad showing by Lawrence Co in the regional and a bad 4th inning by PCC get your hopes up against GC. Pikeville will be going in as decided underdogs; so, they had better come ready to play.
THC90 Wrote:Without the help of 4 errors, the PCC game is a different story. GC won't be impacted by the first-time jitters that hurt PCC in the first half of the game. GC has a lot of experience playing at this level. Don't let a bad showing by Lawrence Co in the regional and a bad 4th inning by PCC get your hopes up against GC. Pikeville will be going in as decided underdogs; so, they had better come ready to play.

Pikeville outhit PCC 11-6 and 2 PCC hits were bunts...and Pikeville crushed LC...don't know who will win this game but Pikeville has more than enough talent to win. If they do then we will have to hear yet again that the other team didn't show up.:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville outhit PCC 11-6 and 2 PCC hits were bunts...and Pikeville crushed LC...don't know who will win this game but Pikeville has more than enough talent to win. If they do then we will have to hear yet again that the other team didn't show up.:biggrin:

Jetpilot, my last post was warning against over confidence...not a slam on Pikeville. I'm a big PCC supporter and loss was still a little raw. So, that may have come through in what I wrote. No team from our part of the state ever gets the respect it deserves and I really hope Pikeville can move on. For selfish reasons, I could take a little consolation in the fact that PCC was edged out by a state quarter-finalist. In order to do that, PHS will need to clean up a lot of what happened in the PCC game. Yes, they out hit PCC 11-6; but, Pikeville walked 7 versus PCC's 3. Also, 4 PCC errors led to 3 unearned runs. If Pikeville can clean up the walks and hit like they did Monday (particularly the Layne, Keene and Miller kids), I agree that they should have a great chance to pull off the upset!

I'm hopeful that the new state tourney format and strong showings by mountain teams will help generate more interest in baseball in this basketball crazy area. I saw larger crowds at some baseball games this year than I can remember. Plus, tons of folks who didn't even have kids playing made the trip to Lexington to see PCC play. There are so many talented baseball players who quit playing after middle school just for the chance to sit at the end of some high school basketball team's bench and that drives me nuts! Many of these kids could play baseball at the next level if they devoted as much time to it as they do basketball.
Thought Cecil has to have 3 days rest now?
Greenup may have more experience at this point in the game. However, this bunch of determined Panthers will be ready. GO PIKEVILLE PANTHERS!!:rockon:
THC90 Wrote:Jetpilot, my last post was warning against over confidence...not a slam on Pikeville. I'm a big PCC supporter and loss was still a little raw. So, that may have come through in what I wrote. No team from our part of the state ever gets the respect it deserves and I really hope Pikeville can move on. For selfish reasons, I could take a little consolation in the fact that PCC was edged out by a state quarter-finalist. In order to do that, PHS will need to clean up a lot of what happened in the PCC game. Yes, they out hit PCC 11-6; but, Pikeville walked 7 versus PCC's 3. Also, 4 PCC errors led to 3 unearned runs. If Pikeville can clean up the walks and hit like they did Monday (particularly the Layne, Keene and Miller kids), I agree that they should have a great chance to pull off the upset!

I'm hopeful that the new state tourney format and strong showings by mountain teams will help generate more interest in baseball in this basketball crazy area. I saw larger crowds at some baseball games this year than I can remember. Plus, tons of folks who didn't even have kids playing made the trip to Lexington to see PCC play. There are so many talented baseball players who quit playing after middle school just for the chance to sit at the end of some high school basketball team's bench and that drives me nuts! Many of these kids could play baseball at the next level if they devoted as much time to it as they do basketball.

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
If GC plays consistent defense thay could win the whole thing.
[quote=THC90]Jetpilot, my last post was warning against over confidence...not a slam on Pikeville. I'm a big PCC supporter and loss was still a little raw. So, that may have come through in what I wrote. No team from our part of the state ever gets the respect it deserves and I really hope Pikeville can move on. For selfish reasons, I could take a little consolation in the fact that PCC was edged out by a state quarter-finalist. In order to do that, PHS will need to clean up a lot of what happened in the PCC game. Yes, they out hit PCC 11-6; but, Pikeville walked 7 versus PCC's 3. Also, 4 PCC errors led to 3 unearned runs. If Pikeville can clean up the walks and hit like they did Monday (particularly the Layne, Keene and Miller kids), I agree that they should have a great chance to pull off the upset!

I'm hopeful that the new state tourney format and strong showings by mountain teams will help generate more interest in baseball in this basketball crazy area. I saw larger crowds at some baseball games this year than I can remember. Plus, tons of folks who didn't even have kids playing made the trip to Lexington to see PCC play. There are so many talented baseball players who quit playing after middle school just for the chance to sit at the end of some high school basketball team's bench and that drives me nuts! Many of these kids could play baseball at the next level if they devoted as much time to it as they do basketball.[/QUOTE]

I agree totally.:Thumbs:
im gonna go with greenup co by 5
Cecil should start out and if gets in trouble bring Hamilton in.

Not making a call. All im saying is GO PANTHERS!
I'd say Greenup Co. will throw Greenslate. Pikeville hits a good fastball though, so I'll take the Panthers 5-2.
Cecil threw around 60 or more pitches Monday - probably not enough rest
Hamilton fastball topped out around 75 mph not enough speed
The left feilder has threw some this year i think Maynard and Boyd throws even the Burchett kid can throw. there is plenty of possibilities.
If Pikeville has to throw a kid throwing 75, this could be a mercy rule. That is batting practice for GC.
fred taylor Wrote:Cecil threw around 60 or more pitches Monday - probably not enough rest
Hamilton fastball topped out around 75 mph not enough speed
The left feilder has threw some this year i think Maynard and Boyd throws even the Burchett kid can throw. there is plenty of possibilities.

True. Pikeville has what it takes to win this one.
Kosar Wrote:If Pikeville has to throw a kid throwing 75, this could be a mercy rule. That is batting practice for GC.

A 75 mph curveball. And I hope its BP. Pikeville has a brick wall defense.
Kosar Wrote:If Pikeville has to throw a kid throwing 75, this could be a mercy rule. That is batting practice for GC.

Anybody Pikeville puts on the mound will do just fine against Greenup's hitters.
Good Luck to both teams
Good luck Pikeville.
Any score on the Clay Co. game Tuesday night with Harrison Co.?
GO PANTHERS!!! Keep it rollin BOYS!!!!
Maybe the Pikeville kids shouldnt even bother showing up to hear you tell it. I hope the rest of GC is as overconfident as you are. You might be in for a surprise.
Bring it all back to the 15th Boys. You can do it . You have what it takes to win this thing. GO PIKEVILLE PANTHERS!!
Greenup has two quality pitchers, and there hitting is contagious. With a break here and there they could win the whole thing. They have been there before and are senior laden and have a ton of experience.:1:
Pikeville is up 5-0