Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Cavaliers GM Danny Ferry Resigns
CLEVELAND -- Danny Ferry didn't agree with the decision to fire Cleveland's coach. He knew re-signing superstar free agent LeBron James would be difficult. He felt his authority as general manager was being reduced by an owner with a different vision.

The Cavaliers are changing.

Ferry decided to let them -- without him.

He is out as Cleveland's general manager, choosing not to re-sign his contract that was set to expire at the end of the month. The decision comes as a surprise but was made days ago, and complicates the most important offseason in team history.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5252256"]Cleveland Cavaliers GM Danny Ferry out - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5252807@@AMEPARAM@@5252807[/ame]
Another step that leads me to believe that Lebron stays
Stardust Wrote:Another step that leads me to believe that Lebron stays

Yep/
what does Danny Ferry have to do with what LeBron does?
Strikeout King Wrote:what does Danny Ferry have to do with what LeBron does?

I must ask this myself. I dont see how he has any effect on Lebrons decision.
Strikeout King Wrote:what does Danny Ferry have to do with what LeBron does?

K_Mac Wrote:I must ask this myself. I dont see how he has any effect on Lebrons decision.

For the same reasons that Cleveland fired Brown. They will bring on everyone that Lebron wants to make him feel comfortable. Danny Ferry has had a reputation as a difficult person to deal with for Free Agents. Lebron will now get to choose who he wants to coach him as well as who he wants to go get the players that he wants!
^ that didn't have any effect when the Cavs signed James to a 5 year contract after they drafted him
Strikeout King Wrote:^ that didn't have any effect when the Cavs signed James to a 5 year contract after they drafted him

DUH, they drafted him! He had no option but to play for them, and when he was drafted there was no guarentee that he would pan out. Now he is proven, and Lebron has no trust that Ferry can bring in TOP LEVEL free agents. The best Ferry has done is Mo Williams? What was Shaq supposed to do for this team? Jamison's style did not fit this team. Tell me a move that Ferry has made that has made this team a contender for a title?
Stardust Wrote:DUH, they drafted him! He had no option but to play for them, and when he was drafted there was no guarentee that he would pan out. Now he is proven, and Lebron has no trust that Ferry can bring in TOP LEVEL free agents. The best Ferry has done is Mo Williams? What was Shaq supposed to do for this team? Jamison's style did not fit this team. Tell me a move that Ferry has made that has made this team a contender for a title?

true. but am i missing something? if a player gets drafted does that automatically make them agree to a 5-year deal?
Strikeout King Wrote:true. but am i missing something? if a player gets drafted does that automatically make them agree to a 5-year deal?

No but he has to play for them or set on the bench,. Or a trade. He cant just leave.
Strikeout King Wrote:true. but am i missing something? if a player gets drafted does that automatically make them agree to a 5-year deal?

You betcha, when your negotiating the biggest gurentee is sports history, YOU BETCHA!